Weird and Wonderful of Universe: Comets and Meteorites (http://scienceray.com/astronomy/weird-and-wonderful-of-universe-comets-a...) Comets’ orbits are divided into two types: short-period, which take up to 200 years to orbit the Sun, and long-period, which take more than 200 years. Short-period comets originate in the Kuiper belt – debris orbiting beyond Neptune and Pluto. Long-period ones originate in the Oort cloud, orbiting the Sun far beyond the planets. Comets can be dislodged from their orbits by the gravity of a star and pulled into the inner Solar System.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Small Topics on Neutrino’s for Discussion
- Systems Biology Post-Docs May Have A New Best Friend In...Philip Morris?
- The Art Of Cognitive Rehabilitation Therapy
- Iron Deficiency Does Not Cause People To Become Vegans
- Top Asymmetry: The Latest From DZERO
- Oh, What A Tangled Web The NSA Weaves
- New Theory On Cause Of Endometriosis
- "Your attempt to undercut claims of ill health as being made especially among people who were against..."
- "Here's an example of a webcam geiger counter: http://www.cg.tuwien.ac.at/research/publications/2012/Auzinger_2012_GeigerCa..."
- "Everything else is finally just details -- important details, but variants on this theme. index..."
- "O the perils of publish-and-pray! I've corrected the links to Frenkel's article in _Slate_ and..."
- "The answer to your question -- what is the probability that somewhere in the universe there is..."
- Education 'protects' poor women from fattening effects of rising wealth
- Deer proliferation disrupts a forest's natural growth
- New guidelines employ a team approach to autism diagnosis and care
- Research on 3D scaffolds sets new bar in lung regeneration
- New NASA Van Allen Probes observations helping to improve space weather models