Science and math outreach are big, as the success of Science 2.0 can attest. Radiolab and Freakonomics regularly top the iTunes charts.
Now, Public Radio Exchange (PRX) is seeking the next great audio storytellers as part of its Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) Story Project.
The winning submissions will receive funding to produce a short audio segment that will be distributed to public radio stations nationwide this summer. The STEM Story Project is accepting proposals for short radio segments through April 22nd until 11:59 PM Eastern US time, so get pitching.
Proposals should address under-covered topics or people working in science, technology, engineering, and math. They want science reporting but not old timey talking head stuff. 4-7 minutes long.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- The World Is NOT Ending Today! AWFUL "Silly Season" Story In Telegraph
- Why An Extra Planet Can't Be Hidden Behind The Sun Or Above The South Pole
- Why Has Organic Farming Flatlined?
- My Applied National Security Paper. Being President Isn't For Idiots.
- The Daily Physics Problem - 5
- SYRINA: A Trojan Horse For Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals?
- Apollo Astronauts And Cardiovascular-Related Deaths
- "Ian, nothing is going to happen, not now, not in September, none of these predictions is based..."
- "To be honest with u mr walker i dont really no the whole concept of this nibiru but one thing i..."
- "No nothing is going to happen then either Ian. BTW thanks for signing your comment. It's a great..."
- "Ok so nothing happens today then what about the date thats set for September whats your take on..."
- "David: My previous comment on your previous comment together fit in one screen. So, one can see..."
- Acute kidney injury identifiable in preterm infants
- Teens who smoke daily are more likely to report health complaints
- Lab method sheds light on how genetic mutations cause inherited Parkinson's disease
- Abundant and diverse ecosystem found in area targeted for deep-sea mining
- Portable device produces biologic drugs on demand