The 14 year old kid in the picture on the right was named Aitzaz Hasan Bangash. His name is a difficult one to remember for westerners, but that is a pity, because he ended his life as a true hero.
Last Monday Aitzaz was lingering out of school with two friends in the small shiite town of Ibrahimzai, near the Pakistani capital Islamabad. Just before getting in they were approached by a 20-year-old who claimed he wanted to enrol to the school. The students realized that he was concealing a bomb and planned to blow up the school.
While Aitzaz's two friends ran away, he instead chased the terrorist, and as he caught him the bomb exploded, killing both. With his act Aitzaz saved the life of many of the 2000 students in the school.
The Lashkar-e-Jhangvi group, a sunni radical movement, later claimed responsibility for the attack.
Aitzaz, 14 Years, Hero
- What's Being Done To Prevent A Terrorist Attack During Euro 2016?
- U.S. Humanitarian Mortenson Received Pakistan's Highest Civil Award, Sitara-E-Pakistan (Star Of Pakistan), For Sixteen-Year Effort To Promote Rural Education And Literacy For Girls
- Poland: First Country Making Available A Technological Breakthrough In Migraine Treatment
- Raytheon 'Math Heroes' Honors 32 US Teachers
- O-H-oh-no: Catching My Breath In America’s Most Toxic Air?