On March 8th, international women day, the CMS experiment at CERN will be run almost entirely by women. 32 of the 34 shifts needed to run our experiment will be covered by women scientists of our Collaboration - which counts 588 women overall.
I think this is great news and a very good idea. 588 women scientists are quite an impressive force! And believe me, most of them really do kick ass!!
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Pseudoscience Creeping Into Your Conference? A Case In GMOs And Glyphosate
- My Thoughts On The LIGO-VIRGO Result
- Gravitational Waves? Watch the LIGO press conference at 10:30 Eastern.
- The power of GW150914
- Henri Poincaré Predicted The Existence Of Gravitational Waves As Early As June 5, 1905
- When Machines Can Do Any Job, What Will Humans Do?
- Beyond Diamonds And Gems: The World's Rarest Minerals
- "The power flux (power per unit area) of plane gravitational waves can be derived from Einstein's..."
- "Thanks for your helpful remark. I would appreciate a specific answer to my question,relating to..."
- "It had no evidence, just a one-page paper claiming a mitochondrial hypothesis on aging and the..."
- "With your statistics background I would really be interested in hearing your opinion on something..."
- "Very sorry but 09/14/2015 9:50:45 UTC + 0.43 s there was ELF wave in Earth's ionosphere. These..."
- Beard Microbiology: Grubby Hipsters May Be On To Something
- Water Tops the List of Health Concerns for Competitive Eaters
- Natural Flavors Are More Radioactive Than Artificial Ones.
- Bariatric Surgery Beneficial Even for Older People
- Opiates No Better at Easing Knee Osteoarthritis Pain
- BRCA Tests Increasing for Younger Breast Cancer Patients