On March 8th, international women day, the CMS experiment at CERN will be run almost entirely by women. 32 of the 34 shifts needed to run our experiment will be covered by women scientists of our Collaboration - which counts 588 women overall.
I think this is great news and a very good idea. 588 women scientists are quite an impressive force! And believe me, most of them really do kick ass!!
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Questions a Surface Pro 3 user has about Windows 10.
- Ice Loss Due To Warming Is Even Changing Gravity
- Top Mass: CMS Again On Top!
- Sterile Neutrinos Remain Elusive
- The Enemy Of Archaeology Is Not People, It's Salt
- Publish, Blog, Tweet: Furthering One's Career In Science Today
- Sharks Have Personalities
- "Validating my ethical concerns about this paper, the NIH version now has the following disclaimer..."
- "While demonstrating the versatility of the 555, in this case using it as a Schmitt trigger by shorting..."
- "I'm not sure why you are so focused on longevity. It is not unheard of for some ancient persons..."
- "Yeah. I think they decided to go with Windows 10 just to shake up people who were waiting..."
- "And of course one of the saddest things about this negative attitude among the public is that support..."
- New study finds link between depression and abnormal brain response to visceral pain in patients with IBS
- HHS releases 13th Report on Carcinogens
- Common painkillers combined with other drugs may cause high risk of GI bleeding
- Dog's epigenome gives clues to human cancer
- Horizon Report urges schools to tackle 'wicked' digital skills challenge