On March 8th, international women day, the CMS experiment at CERN will be run almost entirely by women. 32 of the 34 shifts needed to run our experiment will be covered by women scientists of our Collaboration - which counts 588 women overall.
I think this is great news and a very good idea. 588 women scientists are quite an impressive force! And believe me, most of them really do kick ass!!
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Will Aspartame Critics Now Be Less Bitter?
- New Ice Age Is Coming, By 2030, Says Analysis
- (Well)-Paid PhD Position In Physics Offered In Padova, Italy
- New Results From The LHC At 13 TeV!
- GMOs Have Formaldehyde? Bizarre Claim Challenged By Experts
- Coffee Consumption Linked To Lower Risk Of Mild Cognitive Impairment
- An Anti-Aging Pill Is Still A Long Way Off
- "Making the statement, Evidence-base 'insight', doesn't make the insight - or in this case, opinions..."
- "Nothing to worry about here, folks! Just ANOTHER nutty scientist you mustn't trust! Almost. He's..."
- "This is another ugly Monsanto attack piece. Such articles regularly appear tearing down ANY AND..."
- "I used Ragnarok in a title one time, and created a picture of myself as Thor. Doomsday articles..."
- "We use an ad network, to keep a wall between writers and money. So no one knows what ads there..."
- When surgeons listen to their preferred music, their stitches are better and faster
- Depressed females have over-active glutamate receptor gene
- How to become a cellular T follicular helper
- The Lancet profiles scare stories from Hiroshima and Nagasaki to Fukushima
- Byproduct of intestinal bacteria may jeopardize heart health in kidney disease patients