On March 8th, international women day, the CMS experiment at CERN will be run almost entirely by women. 32 of the 34 shifts needed to run our experiment will be covered by women scientists of our Collaboration - which counts 588 women overall.
I think this is great news and a very good idea. 588 women scientists are quite an impressive force! And believe me, most of them really do kick ass!!
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Poisons Chemists Hate, But You Just Ate
- CERN And LIP Openings For Graduate Students In Physics - Good $$$
- Our Ethical Responsibilities To Baby Terraformed Worlds - Like Parents
- Supersymmetry Is About To Be Discovered, Kane Says
- End Racist Sexism At US Universities Now
- A New Target For Machado Joseph Disease Treatment
- Single Top Production At The LHC
- "Oh okay, not to worry. No, it's not real, there's nothing of that type at all. When they talk about..."
- "Okay did you see my video I just posted showing a lens flare? When you point a digital camera at..."
- "I don't no how u link thing mr walker I'm not very good when it comes to computers its just videos..."
- "Toni, why not link a few of these images and videos that you've seen? It's a lot easier to dispute..."
- "yes if u could tell me were they have got it wrong mr walker it may help and just a question and..."
- Type-2 Diabetes Drug Ineffective for Obese, Type-1 Teens
- Insulin Pill Could Revolutionize Diabetes Treatment
- For Hypertension Patients, Nearly Half Lack Proper Care
- Antibiotic Resistance: Beginning of the End?
- Give to ACSH on Giving Tuesday!
- Global Energy Balance Network and Coke: What Emails Reveal
- Negative news stories about statins are linked to people discontinuing treatment
- Camouflaged cuttlefish employ electrical stealth
- Taking antidepressants with cancer drug does not increase breast-cancer recurrence
- An online game reveals something fishy about mathematical models
- The Lancet Diabetes & Endocrinology: The global diet is getting sweeter, particularly when it comes to beverages