"And why do we measure areas with square centimeters ?"
"Because it would be much harder to fit in there round centimeters, silly!"
(From a conversation with my daughter)
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Suggestion: The EM Drive Is Getting The Appropriate Level Of Attention From The Science Community
- Animal Sex Is Spicier Than We Thought
- Multi-Meter Sea Level Rise This Century? That's Not A Consensus
- Bang! Meet The Highest-Energy Hadron Collision Ever Imaged!
- Bees: Activists Remain Silent While This Pollinator Killer Decimates Millions
- For Now We See Through A Brewing Class, Darkly
- What If We Can 'Pre-Diagnose' Autism In Babies?
- "My response was supposed to be directed to Rich Murray. It seems that you, Josh, thought that it..."
- "OK, thanks. I was wrong and ought to mind my own business. It must have been a strange mood that..."
- "Watching the leopard slug video, I think it's pretty clear they were absolutely loving it...."
- "MORE ABOUT THE TELESCOPES USED TO DISCOVER AND TRACK NEOS - AND THE PEOPLE WHO OPERATE THEMHubble's..."
- "I read about that half a century ago in my Noller’s Organic Chemistry (2nd Edition.) Here’s..."
- Childhood cancer cells drain immune system's batteries
- Genetic tug of war in the brain influences behavior
- New method to predict the amount of nicotine emitted from e-cigarettes
- How bees naturally vaccinate their babies
- Mild hypothermia in deceased organ donors improves organ function in kidney transplant