"And why do we measure areas with square centimeters ?"
"Because it would be much harder to fit in there round centimeters, silly!"
(From a conversation with my daughter)
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- A 3 TeV Dielectron Event By CMS !
- Love & Math, A Review Of Edward Frenkel’s Bestseller, A Math Planetarium
- Aspartame: Believe Science, Or A Homeopath Like Joe Mercola?
- The Dynamical Origin Of Quantum Mechanics (I)
- Genome-Wide Association Study Finds Four Possible Risk Factors For Ovarian Cancer
- Why Girls Are Less Interested In Computer Science: Classrooms Are Too 'Geeky'
- Mountain Doomed: CO2 Bubbles And Heart Attacks
- "I have now read the linked article “a nation stays alive when its culture stays alive”. ..."
- "Thank you Paul.I hope more and more people eventually get to think about big picture stuff than..."
- "A beautiful survey of the attempts by some top notch mathematicians to connect isolated maths islands..."
- "i'm with ya, I just have strong feelings about r. That's why I'm hangin out at science 2.0..."
- "Iggy- If my argument about this nonsense really depended on that stupid plot, I would..."