"And why do we measure areas with square centimeters ?"
"Because it would be much harder to fit in there round centimeters, silly!"
(From a conversation with my daughter)
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Falsifiability And The Integrity Of Physics
- The War on Weed is Over
- Family Holiday Survival: 12 Ways To Deal With That Climate Change Denier
- To Survive A Heart Attack, It Helps To Be Fat
- Dr. Ozvorkian And The Amoebas
- The Hydrological Rise And Fall Of The Roman Empire
- Pilot Project For Removal Of CO2 From Deep Waters
- "John Seller: Well if you have a nice little theory, and it corresponds to our Universe and the..."
- "Itfitzme said: People in general, and especially layman when considering a technical subject, think..."
- "This bit of silliness is going to need documentation...."
- "People in general, and especially layman when considering a technical subject, think in terms of..."
- " Meanwhile, we need to address serious problems in science-based medicine.The only thing worse..."
- High doses of vancomycin fuel risk of kidney damage in children - small study
- Ebola vaccine candidate safe and equally immunogenic in Africa
- What happens to patients when cardiologists are away at national meetings?
- Physical violence and fluctuations of cortisol levels in women linked
- Riluzole may prevent foggy 'old age' brain