This weekend, someone once again wanted my assurance that Project Calliope would not cause an environmental disaster when it reenters at the end of its mission.
Earlier I'd discussed how it will completely burn up on reentry, leaving nothing that could hit the ground. However, given people need additional reassurance, I offer this statement.
I guarantee that Project Calliope will not cause a zombie outbreak.
You might think, 'doesn't every satellite promise that-- yet how can he guarantee, with 100% certainty, that his satellite won't infect the Earth with an alien virus that causes zombie outbreaks?'
Well, the people who launched the satellite proposed to have caused zombieism in 'Night of the Living Dead', first of all, never promised "no zombies". Space-created zombies were virtually unknown at the time. And even as late as the recent British zombie outbreak (Zday) covered in the documentary 'Shawn of the Dead', there was no firm commercial satellite policy on whether a given mission was likely to be zombie-causing or non-zombie causing.
So I can state, as a fact, I am the first satellite launch to specifically include and promise 100% No Zombies. As proof of this, if anyone-- anyone-- spots a zombie infestation within 24 hours of the Project Calliope reentry (in 2011, and bearing that we haven't launched yet), we not only will deliver a complete formal apology, but will also suspend launch of our planned future satellite missions (tentatively named 'Project Triffid' and 'Project Prey').
That is how dedicated we at Project Calliope are to a zombie-free tomorrow. We dare to make a difference.
Every Tuesday here at The Satellite Diaries , Fridays at the Daytime Astronomer
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- The Pollution In Toronto's Subways
- A Visit To GSI
- Thiamethoxam: Study Claims Neonicotinoid Causes Erratic Bee Flight
- Pig Study Shows Dairy 'Excellent' Source Of Protein For Human Kids Too
- LHCb Measures Unity, Finds 0.6
- Emotional Feeding Leads To Emotional Eating
- How To Control The Opioid Epidemic In The US
- "P.s: okay lets assume. or Lets say, nasa knows that most of people are going to die due to catastrophic..."
- "LOL The author is a troller. First: he doesn't even take1 % probability that it exist which is..."
- "Sure. I am not sure who you are but we don't throw anyone out. We have some people who probably..."
- "Hey, Hank, Would I be welcomed back to the site, if I asked nicely? Anyway, there are still no..."
- "Thanks for sharing..."
- Powassan: A Tick-Borne Virus That Makes West Nile Seem Like Creamed Spinach
- Workplace Harassment: Bullying Doesn't End After High School
- Tight Jeans? Blame Your Genes
- Hot New Fad: Italian Coffee For Prostate Health?
- Dieters: Should Pictures Posted Online Replace Food Journals?
- Sodium Intake: How Low Should You Go?
- Epigenetics and DNA methylation: Risk of obesity influenced by changes in our genes
- Manipulating water using light
- Sympathetic nervous system: Your brain, not your white blood cells, keeps you warm
- You can't trust EWG about pesticides on fruits and vegetables
- In reading, kindergarten became the new first grade, thanks to No Child Left Behind