I'll be at the NYC MakerFaire this weekend (Sept 21-22), in case anyone wishes to join up. CubeSat culture has metaphorically exploded over the past 8 months. As a result, I've felt overwhelmed by data, projects, and requests. Overload lead to me not being as noisy on here as I feel I should.
I think I have a handle on organizing and reporting on it, so I'll be starting a series on this blog next week where I sift through all the cool stuff and highlight the trends and patterns emerging in picosatellite work.
Which is a fancy way of saying I'm going to post my 'must read' and 'to do' lists in useable form :)
If you're at MakerFaire, email me beforehand so we can link up. Or, leave a note for me at the Capitol College booth there.
http://projectCalliope.com, ionosphere->music, launching someday
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- New Tractor Beam Can Repel And Attract
- Amenhotep III: Ancient Egyptian Mummies Didn't Have Spinal Arthritis
- #GAMERGATE Style Harassment Does Not Happen in the Male Dominated Sciences
- Get A Heart On: Viagra Is Good Outside The Bedroom Too
- How Mitochondria Began - Parasitic Coevolution Gets A New Wrinkle
- Psychiatry Should Switch From Symptom-based Prescriptions To Target-based
- From Mindless Physics To Physics Of Mind
- "That's the philosophical equivalent of a 'me too' comment. Why bother?..."
- "I stopped reading at the assertion that we are born believers...."
- "Whereas the main theme of this article (something to do with online gaming, I guess) is completely..."
- "Fair enough then :) Thanks for the chat. Cheers...."
- "Hank, I can appreciate the idea that most people suffering in an emergency will prefer morphine..."
- Mutagenesis: One way Europeans wish it was 1936 again
- Closer examination of risk factors for Latinos underscores cultural diversity
- Saving bees requires less pesticides, changing farming
- Could GM plants replace airport security scanners?
- In a battle of brains, chimpanzees match human toddlers
- ‘Urban farmers’ behind GMO labeling initiatives
- For inmates, pricey hepatitis C drug could make financial sense
- Annals of Internal Medicine tip sheet for Oct. 21, 2014
- Scientists unravel the mystery of a rare sweating disorder
- Three-minute assessment successfully identifies delirium in hospitalized elders
- One in 5 physicians unaware their patients have central venous catheters