I'll be at the NYC MakerFaire this weekend (Sept 21-22), in case anyone wishes to join up. CubeSat culture has metaphorically exploded over the past 8 months. As a result, I've felt overwhelmed by data, projects, and requests. Overload lead to me not being as noisy on here as I feel I should.
I think I have a handle on organizing and reporting on it, so I'll be starting a series on this blog next week where I sift through all the cool stuff and highlight the trends and patterns emerging in picosatellite work.
Which is a fancy way of saying I'm going to post my 'must read' and 'to do' lists in useable form :)
If you're at MakerFaire, email me beforehand so we can link up. Or, leave a note for me at the Capitol College booth there.
http://projectCalliope.com, ionosphere->music, launching someday
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- The Social Psychology of Magic, Philosophy and Science in the Early Modern Age
- Sorry Environmentalists, DNA Causes 66% Of Cancers
- What 92 Percent Of NYT Cookbooks Fail To Tell You
- NYU Journalism Department Scandal Grows - Fraud, Conflicts Of Interest, Denial
- Should You Opt Your Child Out Of State Testing? A Guide For Parents
- The Redundancy Of Freud's Divide Between Psychiatry And Neurology
- Neutrinos: The Status, Circa 2017
- "Please tell me, are you a Jew? (I am almost sure, but not completely)..."
- "Whenever you write about going beyond the standard model it is always very exciting. Cheers!..."
- "It's not a lie, it's an average, which is why I wrote The average salary for a male NYU professor..."
- "Why lie about NYU professors' salaries? The few top folks are in that range in certain departments..."
- "Merci pour votre contribution scientifique...."
- Dr. Oz Says Vinegar Is Not a Miracle Medicine, But Then Says It Cures Cancer
- Why Some Scientists Are Bad at Their Jobs
- Can Starbucks, Subway, ATMs and Pizza Shops Prevent Sudden Death?
- Spotting Deadly Melanoma: More than Naked-Eye Diagnosis Needed
- Dr. Oz: Vinegar Not a Miracle Medicine, But It Cures Cancer
- Are Older Mothers Really Better Mothers?
- We know metabolism plays a role in cancer development, epigenetics is less clear
- How accurate are wildlife surveys?
- Extreme ocean waves aren't due to global warming - we can just now detect them more
- Groups in tension: Why Republicans and Democrats still get along
- People remain fatter because adults have given up on losing weight - and it's society's fault