Listen to Mars, now listen to me, now listen to Mars. This is what Mars could sound like, if it sounded like me. Today, we listen to sonification of data, artistic interpretation, and discuss which is ‘better’ and which is ‘more real’. Can we hear a point to converting astronomy data to sound? I’m on a podcast.
Thus rings the intro to my 365 Days of Astronomy podcast this month, titled "Music on a Planetary Scale". Follow that link to hear the full show, and some ground samples of what to expect from Project Calliope.
Every Tuesday at The Satellite Diaries, every Friday at the Daytime Astronomer
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- The Pollution In Toronto's Subways
- A Visit To GSI
- Thiamethoxam: Study Claims Neonicotinoid Causes Erratic Bee Flight
- Pig Study Shows Dairy 'Excellent' Source Of Protein For Human Kids Too
- LHCb Measures Unity, Finds 0.6
- Emotional Feeding Leads To Emotional Eating
- How To Control The Opioid Epidemic In The US
- "P.s: okay lets assume. or Lets say, nasa knows that most of people are going to die due to catastrophic..."
- "LOL The author is a troller. First: he doesn't even take1 % probability that it exist which is..."
- "Sure. I am not sure who you are but we don't throw anyone out. We have some people who probably..."
- "Hey, Hank, Would I be welcomed back to the site, if I asked nicely? Anyway, there are still no..."
- "Thanks for sharing..."
- Powassan: A Tick-Borne Virus That Makes West Nile Seem Like Creamed Spinach
- Workplace Harassment: Bullying Doesn't End After High School
- Tight Jeans? Blame Your Genes
- Hot New Fad: Italian Coffee For Prostate Health?
- Dieters: Should Pictures Posted Online Replace Food Journals?
- Sodium Intake: How Low Should You Go?
- Epigenetics and DNA methylation: Risk of obesity influenced by changes in our genes
- Manipulating water using light
- Sympathetic nervous system: Your brain, not your white blood cells, keeps you warm
- You can't trust EWG about pesticides on fruits and vegetables
- In reading, kindergarten became the new first grade, thanks to No Child Left Behind