Listen to Mars, now listen to me, now listen to Mars. This is what Mars could sound like, if it sounded like me. Today, we listen to sonification of data, artistic interpretation, and discuss which is ‘better’ and which is ‘more real’. Can we hear a point to converting astronomy data to sound? I’m on a podcast.
Thus rings the intro to my 365 Days of Astronomy podcast this month, titled "Music on a Planetary Scale". Follow that link to hear the full show, and some ground samples of what to expect from Project Calliope.
Every Tuesday at The Satellite Diaries, every Friday at the Daytime Astronomer
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Argument: President Trump Needs To Nationalize Health Care To Honor His Campaign Promise
- Why Vegetable Farmers Aren't On Board The No-Till Train
- Two Physics Blogs You Should Not Miss
- Perspectivism, 5 Determinisms And Impossibility Of Defining Free Will, Zen
- Hype Or Health? Sitting Is As Bad For You As Smoking
- BPA In Seafood - Is It Safe?
- Zika Linked To Miscarriages, Thin Brain Tissue In Babies
- "Bonne travail ..."
- "Hello Kevin, many thanks, and also for spotting that! I doubt there will be a second edition..."
- "Hi Tommaso, congratulations on your recent honeymoon! I have an errata in your book. On page 197..."
- "There's a very empirically obvious universal good - survival. Since we are humans, the only logical..."
- "...can YOU explain orbit? If so, you should be able to explain gravity, or black holes. Like I..."
- CDC Suspends Work in Highest Biosafety Labs to Review Air Quality
- The Brussels Declaration - Ethics and Principles for Science and Society
- You're a Terrible, Hypocritical Driver, AAA Confirms
- The Department of Justice Believes United Healthcare Is Defrauding Medicare
- Are YOU Your dog? The Science.
- IWF, We Invaded Texas, And More Places We Promoted Science And Health Last Week