Sorry to take the wind out of your sales, parents who use Andrew Wakefield's 1998 paper on MMR vaccine as the cause of their child's autism. Here are three related stories in the news:
The paper has since been discredited, but it took Lancet 12 years to fully retract the paper. Better late than never, I suppose...although tell that to the kids that got the measles.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Lexus Hoverboard Gets Off The Ground
- Predictive Coding Theory: How Our Brains Recognize Faces From Minimal Information
- It's Time For Racism In College Admissions To Go
- Paving Way for Mars Colonization
- For Ph.D. Physicists, Careers Outside Academia Are Terrific
- Sepsis Is Largely Unknown But It Puts One Million People In The Hospital Each Year
- "sorry thought this article was a slur against gay/lesbian. Objection cheerfully withdrawn...."
- "Metabolic Theory of Septic Shock http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4038812/ Core tip..."
- "I do not care one bit about the design of the study. I could run a randomized, interventional controlled..."
- "Figurative language may be important for expression of new physical concepts. As metaphor, the..."
- "I just read the Toronto Star link, and I couldn't help but make some worrying assumptions about..."
Books By Writers Here