Sorry to take the wind out of your sales, parents who use Andrew Wakefield's 1998 paper on MMR vaccine as the cause of their child's autism. Here are three related stories in the news:
The paper has since been discredited, but it took Lancet 12 years to fully retract the paper. Better late than never, I suppose...although tell that to the kids that got the measles.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Why An Extra Planet Can't Be Hidden Behind The Sun Or Above The South Pole
- The Daily Physics Problem - 2
- The Daily Physics Problem - 1
- The Daily Physics Problem - 3
- Avoid Showing The Jacksonville Jaguars And Other Ways To Optimize Monday Night Football
- Why Do Consumers Participate In 'green' Programs?
- Curcumin And Silymarin Plant Compounds Give '1-2' Punch To Colon Cancer
- "Although the peak is indeed at low pt, there's always high-pt muons coming from above, even at..."
- "Hi,sorry but I think that all the 16 winners of the 2005 exam were very good physicists. I do not..."
- "One needs to remember some numbers by heart...Cheers,T...."
- "I get the point of all this but am curious, at what point in practice would an experimentalist..."
- "Are you referring to Mike Brown's new Planet X idea, usually called Planet 9 (though I think that's..."
- WSU researchers get unprecedented look at DNA damage
- Before animals, evolution waited eons to inhale
- US police killed or injured more than 55,000 people during 'legal interventions' in 2012
- Statins improve birth outcomes for mothers with an autoimmune disorder
- Changes in teenage brain structure provide clues to onset of mental health problems