The Physics Force, an outreach program of the University of Minnesota's College of Science and Engineering, will present the Physics Circus, its largest show of the year, 7 p.m. on Thursday at the Minneapolis Convention Center.
The show is a mix of physics demonstrations and slapstick humor suitable for both adults and children. The show is free, registration is requested.
The Physics Force consists of high school teachers and University of Minnesota physics professors and graduate students. What can you expect?
One fun idea is dropping a physicist 20 feet through the air while a friend shoots a ball at him from a cannon. No, really, they are doing that.
Tickets available at EventBrite.
'Physics Circus' presented by University of Minnesota - Associated Press
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Should Pregnant Women Be Concerned About BPA?
- Order Patterned With Chaos - How Climate Is Predicted For Decades - With Exact Forecasts Only For Days
- The Five Stages Of A Dying Theory
- Russian scientists increase DVD storage capacity million times
- Is The X(5568) A True Resonance ?
- Running Sounds May Contain Clues To Injury Prevention
- Are Marijuana Warning Labels Needed? Users Say Yes
- "I have not yet unpublished any of your comments here except just now, and all I did was to unpublish..."
- "Okay quick answer, no it is not real. See Debunked: Nibiru will hit Earth on [Insert Date..."
- "Blocking my comments? Cowardly, especially when you are loosing the argument. Again you can find..."
- "Your argument sounds very seductive, although it falls under the category of an appeal to authority..."
- "I just wanted to clarify your statement, When he went into space it was on top of a converted ICBM..."
- The Alzheimer's-Amyloid Hypothesis Confirmed? Not So Fast
- Abortion Rate in U.S. Falls 21% in One Decade
- Child Mummy May Change Timeline for Smallpox
- On Proposed Tanning Bed Ban for Teens, New Study Urges FDA to Act
- Fear Of Dying Got You Down? Retail Therapy Can Help
- It’s Not Brain Surgery, But do you Know What is? Brain Surgery!