The Physics Force, an outreach program of the University of Minnesota's College of Science and Engineering, will present the Physics Circus, its largest show of the year, 7 p.m. on Thursday at the Minneapolis Convention Center.
The show is a mix of physics demonstrations and slapstick humor suitable for both adults and children. The show is free, registration is requested.
The Physics Force consists of high school teachers and University of Minnesota physics professors and graduate students. What can you expect?
One fun idea is dropping a physicist 20 feet through the air while a friend shoots a ball at him from a cannon. No, really, they are doing that.
Tickets available at EventBrite.
'Physics Circus' presented by University of Minnesota - Associated Press
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Part I: Bee Deaths Mystery Solved? Neonicotinoids (Neonics) May Actually Help Bee Health
- Chronic Pain Isn't All In The Brain
- Violence, Sex And Taboo: The Original Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales Back In Print
- On integrating out short-distance physics
- Smoking, Drinking And Eating: It's Not About Your Freedom
- Part II: Bee Deaths And CCD - Flawed Chensheng Lu Harvard Studies Endanger Bees
- Is The Micropower Revolution Here?
- "And my second link should be not a copy of the first, but this: http://www.nature.com/news/half..."
- "Recently I saw The Conversation remove/censor legitimate comments arguing against an article written..."
- tags because there's no testing..." href="/robert_inventor/why_we_cant_backup_earth_on_mars_the_moon_or_anywhere_else_in_our_solar_system-148364#comment-182183">"Robert, you might want to reformat my post. I intended to highlight only the headlines for easy..."
- "My only complaint with good thinkers and writers has hither always been that they should produce..."
- "The complaints about Lu's studies emanated not from me but from the world's leading entomologists..."
- Study reveals significantly increased risk of stillbirth in males
- Moderate coffee consumption may lower the risk of Alzheimer's disease by up to 20 percent
- New research supporting stroke rehabilitation
- The artificial pancreas shown to improve the treatment of type 1 diabetes
- The Lancet: Leading medical experts call for an end to UK postcode lottery for liver disease treatment and detection