Very cool news- a ROV recently dove to the Challenger Deep in the Mariana Trench. Here's the basics over at Discover.
I can't wait until they release more images. It's very exciting that technology is starting to catch up with our desire to know more about the oceans, and pictures of crazy ocean critters are good attention-getters, particularly for my students. (Also, the kid inside me can't help but hope that the bottom of the Marianas Trench is kinda like this.)
If you know anyone who needs inspiration to be interested in our oceans, tell them to check out Sylvia Earle's TED talk.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Hubble Spots Europa Geysers Again - How They Did It - And What Next? Flyby? Lander?
- How Did Early Earth Stay Warm? Greenhouse Gases
- Global Warming Has Made Global Warming Harder To Show
- March Against Monsanto Claims Vaccines Cause Cancer
- A Book By Guido Tonelli
- Is Corbyn Right About The Bomb?- Op Ed
- Are There Two Higgses ? No, And I Won Another Bet!
- "The left bases a persons dedication to science strictly on how many of their beliefs you wholeheartedly..."
- "I know someone who has sent to a zeta talkers (a website, which promoted, back in the early 2000s..."
- "Oh that's an example of how they muddle everything together and ignore inconvenient differences..."
- "I think uve also got to take into account as well tho mr walker that there is also alot of people..."
- "Another definite equation (a relation between the neutrino reactor angle and the neutrino mass..."
- A Cocktail of Wild Viruses Treats Bacterial Wound Infections in Mice
- The Scientific Advisors at Theranos Won't (or Can't) Talk
- Suppressing Coughs at Tonight's Presidential Debate
- Suppressing Cough at Tonight's Presidential Debate
- How Smoking Causes Heartaches
- Flu Vaccine Updates for 2016-2017