- Elderly People Are More Likely To Get COVID-19, But Not More Likely To Self-Isolate
Surveys are not behavior but if surveys are any indication, elderly people are not willing to self-isolate, even knowing they are at greatest risk of getting COVID-19, the newest mutation of the coronavirus that originated in Wuhan, China, and and spread w ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 7 2020 - 5:31am
- Age Is Not A Number, It's An Ability
It’s a common assumption that exercise in older people is difficult and dangerous, so it’s perhaps best avoided. But this is often not the case – even if these ideas are ingrained in society. Research has repeatedly shown that exercise in older adults is ...
Article - The Conversation - Aug 8 2020 - 5:31am
- The Futurist Quest To Cure Aging, And Why It May Never Work
As time passes, our fertility declines and our bodies start to fail. These natural changes are what we call ageing. In recent decades, we’ve come leaps and bounds in treating and preventing some of the world’s leading age-related diseases, such as coronar ...
Article - The Conversation - Aug 11 2020 - 1:35pm
- Hydrocodone, Lorazepam, Oxycodone And More Are Being Prescribed For Dementia With No Evidence They Work
Data from 737,839 people with dementia find that 73.5 percent of them filled at least one prescription for an antidepressant, opioid painkiller, epilepsy drug, anxiety medication or antipsychotic drug in a one-year period. The percentages generally were e ...
Article - News Staff - Aug 20 2020 - 6:01am
- 82% Of Baby Boomers Are Experienced Enough Not To Trust Russia’s ‘Sputnik V’ COVID-19 Vaccine Claims
Only 16 percent of Americans believe that Russia leapfrogged American scientists and successfully created a viable COVID-19 in a recent survey. They may be the same 16 percent who believe Russian propaganda sites like Russia Today and Sputnik when it come ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Aug 21 2020 - 10:18am
- Rapamycin May Prevent Sarcopenia And Keep Muscles Stronger For Longer
We're living longer than ever, but that means we now have to think about new issues that were uncommon when life expectancy was low. Muscles shrink and their strength dwindles as we age. When that is excessive, the condition is called sarcopenia, and ...
Article - News Staff - Sep 10 2020 - 12:31pm
- Binarized Transcriptome Aging Clock Reads Biological Age Directly From Gene Expression
We all have an age but we also know time is a relative abstract construct based on real dimensions in the physical world; a day is different on Mars than it is on Earth. We know our birthdays and how old we are but it does not tell us how long we might liv ...
Article - News Staff - Mar 5 2021 - 9:51am