- Age-Related Wrinkles And Hair Loss Reversed In Mice
Wrinkles and hair loss are perfectly natural aspects of aging- but science is all about defeating the nature that wants to kill us off. One aspect of aging is a decline in mitochondrial function. ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 23 2018 - 6:29am
- You, 50 Years Later- New Study Says Your Personality Does Change
Is your personality set in stone at a young age? If you were a jerk in high school will you still be a jerk at 60? Not necessarily. And what changes there are may not be defining. The only time you might see a big disparity could be when comparing yourself ...
Article - News Staff - Nov 11 2018 - 9:03am
- Dear Believers In Vampires And Integrative Medicine- Plasma From Young Donors Is Not A Remedy For Anything Except Wealth
One new craze in the alternatives to medicine community is infusions of plasma from young donors, sold with the claim that it can prevent aging, dementia, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, and even PTSD, post-traumatic stress disorder. Vampires are ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Feb 19 2019 - 4:35pm
- Ashitaba Won't Help You Live Longer, It Won't Even Help You Become A Samurai
The race is on to be the food craze of 2019 and the leading contenders so far are biltong- beef jerky from South Africa- and angelica keiskei koidzumi (ashitaba) from Japan. If a plant can have a leaf cut off and have it grow back the next day, why not ass ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Feb 21 2019 - 11:31am
- Ageism Is Rampant In England, And Discrimination Against Seniors Is Causing Health Issues
Ageism, discrimination against the elderly, has been reported in The Lancet Public Health journal as a problem for 25 percent of older people in England. And that is not truly old people, even those in their 50s face it. The repercussions are not just emot ...
Article - News Staff - Apr 3 2019 - 6:00pm
- Taste Is Complex And It Changes As We Age
Taste is a complex phenomenon. We do not experience the sensation through a single sense (as we would when we see something using our sense of sight, for example) but rather it is made up of the five senses working together to allow us to appreciate and e ...
Article - The Conversation - Apr 11 2019 - 9:00am
- Alzheimer's Is Not Getting Cured In My Lifetime
Biogen recently announced that it was abandoning its late stage drug for Alzheimer’s, aducanumab, causing investors to lose billions of dollars. They should not have been surprised. ...
Article - The Conversation - Apr 25 2019 - 4:37pm
- Is Heart Failure Normal In Old Age? Is Heart Disease Different For Women?
Survey results that will be presented during Heart Failure 2019 in Athens a few weeks from now are a good opportunity to discuss facts and myths about heart disease. Including some held by cardiologists. 20 percent of believe believe, for example, that hea ...
Article - Hank Campbell - May 6 2019 - 11:17am
- Resistance Training In Older Adults May Not Be Just Beneficial, It May Be Essential
A new position statement suggests resistance training should be considered vital to improving the health and longevity of senior citizens. The statement makes recommendations for successful resistance training, or exercise focused on building muscle endur ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 26 2019 - 8:28am
- Aging: Once You Reach 105, Your Chances Of Living To 110 Are Pretty Good
For most aging people, their 90s are the most perilous time. But if you live to be 105, your chances of living to 110 basically level out after declining when people reach their 90s. ...
Article - News Staff - Aug 2 2019 - 10:35am