Immediately Harvard School of Public Health epidemiologist Walter Willett, who made his career linking everything to disease or alternatively touting miracle vegetables using shoddy Food Frequency Questionnaires. began “an aggressive campaign that included insults, errors, misinformation, behind-the-scenes gossip and maneuvers, social media posts" and even complaints to their employers. The government scientists we are supposed to trust during COVID-19 were shills for Big Food, he claimed.
That was in 2005 and he has only gotten more crackpot since then. Now anyone who disagrees with his vegetarianism, and conveniently the corporate sponsors of his True Health Initiative, is going to come under fire.
What's sad is that Harvard enables him attacking other academics and government-funded scholars. At a time when the public needs trusted guides more than ever. But he has tenure so he gets to spew hate and conspiracy theory until he decides to retire.
- Should Trans Fats Be Banned?
- Nutrition Expert Skeptical Of Coca-Cola's Effort To Educate Consumers
- True Health Initiative: How Epidemiologists Walter Willett And Frank Hu Use Targeted Harassment To Prevent Criticism
- More Coffee, Less Risk Of Suicide
- There Is No Obesity Paradox When It Comes To Strokes