- NanoFlu And ResVax: Make Or Break For Novavax
In 2016, a Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) vaccine candidate named the RSV F Vaccine failed in Phase III trials, which could have been a crippling blow for Novavax, but they may be on the road to recovery. Companies have to have Phase III trials before t ...
Article - News Staff - Nov 8 2018 - 5:45pm
- Compounds From Coffee Offer Hope For Alzheimer's And Parkinson's Diseases.
An exciting new class of potential inhibitors of both Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease has been isolated from coffee. Dr. Donald Weaver, co-director of the Kembril Brain Institute in Toronto, Canada explains: “The consumption of coffee seems to ...
Article - Scott Beers - Nov 27 2018 - 12:43pm
- Could A Vaccine Help Stop The Fentanyl Crisis?
A Centers for Disease Control and Prevention analysis of five years of death certificates (2011-2016) found that among drug overdose deaths 29 percent were due to fentanyl by 2016, a huge leap from 4 percent in 2011, when oxycodone was most dangerous at 13 ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Dec 18 2018 - 10:19am
- Pomegranates Provide Potent Lead Compounds for the Treatment of IBD
Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) consists of Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. Both are the result of dysregulation of the immune system leading to intestinal inflammation and microbial dysbiosis. ...
Blog Post - Scott Beers - Jan 24 2019 - 12:20pm
- The Good News And Bad News Of Cannabis-Infused Drinks
Former Denver Broncos running back Terrell Davis, who trained by running with tractor tires strapped to his waist and all that, has an easy marketing hook for his new cannabis 'athletic recovery' drink; if I am wrong, then why do I have two Super ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Feb 15 2019 - 1:35pm
- FDA Approves Oral Drug Mayzent To Treat Multiple Sclerosis, Novartis Expected To Get $1.7 Billion In Revenue By 2026
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Mayzent (siponimod) tablets by Novartis to treat adults with relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis (MS), to include clinically isolated syndrome, relapsing-remitting disease, and active secondary progre ...
Article - News Staff - Apr 1 2019 - 9:37am
- Supplements Can't Prevent Cancer But They Are Linked To It
Supplements are a huge industry that ballooned after President Bill Clinton turned the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994 into law and took control of the controversial industry away from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in return for ...
Article - News Staff - Apr 10 2019 - 2:44pm
- Do You Prefer Soda, Cola, Or Beer? It May Not Be That You Just Prefer The Taste
Using dietary logs of recalls of ~336,000 individuals in the UK Biobank along with a genome-wide association study of bitter beverage consumption and of sweet beverage consumption., scholars have determined that your preference for dark roast coffee and a ...
Article - News Staff - May 6 2019 - 9:46am
- FDA Warns Public Of Homeopathic 'Remedies' That May Actually Do Something- Like Kill Your Kids With Natural Rat Poison
Homeopathy, now two centuries old, proceeds from a fascinatingly bizarre premise; that there is a u-shaped curve for dose. Reasonable people know the dose makes the poison; a medicine that can help you at normal levels can be harmful at high levels. Homep ...
Article - Hank Campbell - May 14 2019 - 12:53pm
- Reducing Use Is Not The Answer: Here Are 5 Ways To Tackle Antibiotic Resistance
An entire generation of parents was brought up believing that if hospitals used antimicrobial soap, then homes deserved it too. An entire generation of doctors were brought up in a defensive medicine culture and taught that if a patient really wanted somet ...
Article - News Staff - May 15 2019 - 9:34am