- Marijuana, Opioids, Depression
If marijuana has analgesic properties, people will try it to potentially manage their pain, but it is unclear if it does or not. Fortunately, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration signaled it is expanding its marijuana research program will draft guide ...
Article - News Staff - Aug 28 2019 - 9:42am
- Pain Patients Are Not The Problem, Shows CDC, Opiod Deaths Are Due To Recreational Fentanyl Plus Benzos, Cocaine, And Meth
Though Johnson & Johnson and Purdue Pharma are on the hook for big judgments due to their marketing practices related to opioids, claims that they "created" an opioid epidemic are the scientific equivalent of fat shaming people if you don ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Aug 29 2019 - 6:27pm
- Marijuana May Help With PTSD But It's All Anecdotes At This Point
Though "medical" marijuana has long been available to much of the public, to the medical community it's been a joke. For example, over 60 percent of pain patients are older women, but the majority of medical marijuana users who got it for p ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Sep 5 2019 - 8:26am
- Fluoroquinolone Antibiotics Linked To Heart Problems In Patients With Cardiac Issues
A recent paper has linked two types of heart problems and one of the most commonly prescribed classes of antibiotics. Data from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's adverse reporting system plus a private insurance health claims database in the U. ...
Article - News Staff - Sep 11 2019 - 10:39am
- If We're Going To Space, We'll Need Macaroni And Cheese- Luckily Science Has The Solution
If human beings go to Mars, they need food- and that means macaroni and cheese. Currently, plastic packaging can keep food safe at room temperature for up to twelve months but a new paper in the journal Food and Bioprocess Technology could keep ready-to-e ...
Article - News Staff - Sep 24 2019 - 9:50am
- A New Class of Malaria Drug Candidates
Blog Post - Scott Beers - Sep 30 2019 - 7:50am
- Prebiotics Do More Harm Than Good
Though prebiotics are a fad outside the chemotherapy sector, there is little evidence they do anything positive or negative in humans. Except in horses, where they seem to do something negative. Before they can reach the intestines, commercially available ...
Article - News Staff - Oct 2 2019 - 6:53pm
- Reyvow (Lasmiditan) For Migraine Headaches Gets FDA Approval
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved Eli Lilly and Company's Reyvow (lasmiditan) tablets for acute treatment of migraine headaches in adults. Though used colloquially by everyone who feels like their headache is bad, a clinical migraine ...
Article - News Staff - Oct 11 2019 - 2:34pm
- The Alternative To Opioids May Come From Tasmanian Waters
There is a war on opioids and legitimate pain patients have been caught in the stigma of recreational abuse. High-profile class action lawsuits against drug manufacturers are going to create an "icy chill" for pain medication just as they ran ant ...
Article - News Staff - Oct 15 2019 - 11:44am
- FDA Blasts Chiropractor Cade Copeland Of Rooted Apothecary For Claiming His CBD Helps Autism, ADHD, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s
Fresh off poisoning thousands by introducing tainted, illegal additives into vaping devices (including dangerous synthetic marijuana, which just resulted in a conviction), the marijuana supplement industry (cannabidiol, CBD) is under scrutiny again. This t ...
Article - News Staff - Oct 22 2019 - 10:03am