- Worried About Arsenic In Your Apple Juice? Thank Dr. Oz
Far be it from me to consider anything designated by Oprah Winfrey as, perhaps, maybe, not always evidence-based, but I had always hoped some skepticism was in order yet consistently instead found Oprah viewers were not only ready to believe, they were wil ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Dec 10 2020 - 10:51am
- Bee Delightful, New Leaf Pharmaceuticals, And More Busted By FDA For Illegally Claiming Their CBD Products Can Treat Conditions
Cannabidiol (CBD(products are being illegally marketed for pets, including a product for use in the eye, and for various conditions in humans also, despite any evidence they can prevent, diagnose, mitigate, treat or cure various diseases. Shady hucksters h ...
Article - News Staff - Dec 22 2020 - 4:21pm
- Vaping Flavor Chemicals In Huge Quantities Can Damage Heart Cells In A Dish, But Where Is The Human Relevance?
A new paper claims that people vaping instead of smoking are putting their hearts at risk but their study does not show that. Instead, they mixed chemicals in Petri dishes with heart cells and used mice. Both of those are fine exploratory experiments but t ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Jan 15 2021 - 10:52am
- Ivermectin Is No Longer Banned For Reducing Mild COVID-19 And A Small Pilot Study Gives It Some Hope For Approval
The NIH Treatment Guidelines Panel recently changed ivermectin from firmly “against” to the neutral “neither for nor against” when it comes to mild COVID-19 treatment. Ivermectin, developed in 1975, led to the eradication of numerous parasitic diseases and ...
Article - News Staff - Jan 19 2021 - 9:52am
- Beta Blockers Don't Cause Depression
Beta-blockers are a class of medications that reduce the heart rate, the heart's workload and the heart's output of blood, which, together, lower blood pressure. Blood pressure is only a risk factor for heart disease, it is not a disease in itsel ...
Article - News Staff - Mar 16 2021 - 11:22am
- Will Some Antibiotics Prevent The Entry Of SARS-CoV-2 Into Cells?
Antibiotics won't help with COVID-19 because the disease is not caused by bacteria but instead a virus. However, a new study finds that some antibiotics can prevent the entry of the SARS-CoV-2 virus into cells. The Drug Design and Molecular Topology U ...
Article - News Staff - Apr 26 2021 - 1:49pm
- A COVID-19 Vaccine Only Took Months, Why Isn't There An AIDS Vaccine After 37 Years?
Smallpox has been eradicated from the face of the Earth following a highly effective, worldwide vaccination campaign. Paralytic poliomyelitis is no longer a problem in the U.S. because of development and use of effective vaccines against the poliovirus. I ...
Article - The Conversation - May 18 2021 - 10:36am