- Bee Delightful, New Leaf Pharmaceuticals, And More Busted By FDA For Illegally Claiming Their CBD Products Can Treat Conditions
Cannabidiol (CBD(products are being illegally marketed for pets, including a product for use in the eye, and for various conditions in humans also, despite any evidence they can prevent, diagnose, mitigate, treat or cure various diseases. Shady hucksters h ...
Article - News Staff - Dec 22 2020 - 4:21pm
- Vaping Flavor Chemicals In Huge Quantities Can Damage Heart Cells In A Dish, But Where Is The Human Relevance?
A new paper claims that people vaping instead of smoking are putting their hearts at risk but their study does not show that. Instead, they mixed chemicals in Petri dishes with heart cells and used mice. Both of those are fine exploratory experiments but t ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Jan 15 2021 - 10:52am
- Ivermectin Is No Longer Banned For Reducing Mild COVID-19 And A Small Pilot Study Gives It Some Hope For Approval
The NIH Treatment Guidelines Panel recently changed ivermectin from firmly “against” to the neutral “neither for nor against” when it comes to mild COVID-19 treatment. Ivermectin, developed in 1975, led to the eradication of numerous parasitic diseases and ...
Article - News Staff - Jan 19 2021 - 9:52am
- Beta Blockers Don't Cause Depression
Beta-blockers are a class of medications that reduce the heart rate, the heart's workload and the heart's output of blood, which, together, lower blood pressure. Blood pressure is only a risk factor for heart disease, it is not a disease in itsel ...
Article - News Staff - Mar 16 2021 - 11:22am
- Will Some Antibiotics Prevent The Entry Of SARS-CoV-2 Into Cells?
Antibiotics won't help with COVID-19 because the disease is not caused by bacteria but instead a virus. However, a new study finds that some antibiotics can prevent the entry of the SARS-CoV-2 virus into cells. The Drug Design and Molecular Topology U ...
Article - News Staff - Apr 26 2021 - 1:49pm
- A COVID-19 Vaccine Only Took Months, Why Isn't There An AIDS Vaccine After 37 Years?
Smallpox has been eradicated from the face of the Earth following a highly effective, worldwide vaccination campaign. Paralytic poliomyelitis is no longer a problem in the U.S. because of development and use of effective vaccines against the poliovirus. I ...
Article - The Conversation - May 18 2021 - 10:36am
- Aducanumab Approved As The First New Drug Therapy For Alzheimer's Patients In 18 Years
Two recent articles showed showed changes in the focus and funding of clinical trials for Alzheimer's disease therapies. And they suggested the change might be evidenced by today, when the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) seemed ready to approv ...
Article - News Staff - Jun 7 2021 - 6:07pm
- Afghanistan: Opium Abuse Among Woman And Children
Thomas Sydenham (September 10, 1624 – December 29, 1689) was an English physician. Called "father of English medicine" or "English Hippocrates," told this quote: "Among the remedies which it has pleased Almighty God to give to man ...
Article - Camillo Di Cicco - Jul 17 2021 - 7:52am
- Garcinia Cambogia And Green Tea Linked To Liver Injury
Dietary supplements containing Garcinia cambogia extract and green tea can cause similar liver, finds an analysis of the Drug-Induced Liver Injury Network. G. cambogia, alone or with green tea, are touted by companies who sell alternatives to medicine and ...
Article - News Staff - Aug 20 2021 - 3:27pm
- Can The Aidan Tree Be An Epilepsy Treatment?
Epilepsy is a brain disorder that arises from imbalances of brain chemicals called neurotransmitters. This disorder manifests as recurring seizure, unconsciousness and momentary loss of memory. These events are frequent and unpredictable. This is because ...
Article - The Conversation - Aug 31 2021 - 1:12pm