- FDA Blasts Chiropractor Cade Copeland Of Rooted Apothecary For Claiming His CBD Helps Autism, ADHD, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s
Fresh off poisoning thousands by introducing tainted, illegal additives into vaping devices (including dangerous synthetic marijuana, which just resulted in a conviction), the marijuana supplement industry (cannabidiol, CBD) is under scrutiny again. This t ...
Article - News Staff - Oct 22 2019 - 10:03am
- Marijuana As Magic: CBD Search Increases Are Making The Rest Of The Supplement Industry Nervous
Though a CBD supplement huckster was just convicted for selling synthetic marijuana and CBD oil is the culprit behind untold numbers of vaping illnesses and deaths, and a chiropractor was just lambasted by FDA for claiming his CBD supplement can fix everyt ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Oct 23 2019 - 12:55pm
- Marijuana Cannabinoids Don't Help With Depression, Anxiety, ADHS, Tourettes, Psychosis, Or PTSD
Though cannabinoids in marijuana are touted by salespeople and supplement marketing as therapies for almost anything, anecdotes are not evidence, and the evidence from a meta-analysis of 83 studies (3,000 people) for six mental health conditions shows cann ...
Article - News Staff - Oct 28 2019 - 5:30pm
- Shire Announces Launch Of FOSRENOL(R) In Japan
Shire plc today announces the Japanese launch of FOSRENOL(R) (lanthanum carbonate), which is now available to prescribers and patients in Japan through Shire's strategic alliance partner Bayer Yakuhin Ltd. FOSRENOL is the first commercially available ...
Article - Anna Ohlden - Nov 4 2019 - 11:21am
- Pushing Back The Frontiers Of Malaria One African Collaboration At A Time
More than 200 million people around the world suffered from malaria in 2017. Over 400,000 died. The vast majority – around 90% – were in Africa, where many are all too familiar with the devastating impact of the disease. Young children and pregnant women ...
Article - The Conversation - Nov 19 2019 - 5:01am
- Coartem, The First Dispersible ACT For Children, Launched This Week In Africa By Novartis And Medicines For Malaria Venture
Novartis and Medicines for Malaria Venture (MMV) announced today the African launch of Coartem(R) Dispersible. Coartem(R) Dispersible is the result of a unique public-private collaboration between Novartis and the nonprofit Medicines for Malaria Venture ( ...
Article - Anna Ohlden - Nov 19 2019 - 11:42am
- Trump Administration Notice Of Proposed Rulemaking To Import Prescription Drugs From Canada
The Trump administration has issued a n otice of proposed rulemaking (NPRM) that would allow for the importation of certain prescription drugs from Canada. In addition, the Administration is announcing the availability of a new draft guidance for industry ...
Article - News Staff - Dec 18 2019 - 11:20am
- Ervebo Is First FDA-Approved Vaccine For Prevention Of Ebola
Merck has received approval for Ervebo, the first F vaccine for the prevention of Ebola virus disease (EVD), caused by Zaire ebolavirus in individuals 18 years of age and older. Cases of EVD are very rare in the U.S., only acquired by individuals in other ...
Article - News Staff - Dec 19 2019 - 9:13pm
- The Health Risks Of Cannabis Edibles
With the recent legalization of cannabis edibles in Canada, physicians may be inclined to recommend them in much the same way they do homeopathy or naturopathy. But unlike those placebos, which should not be recommended because it's a government subsi ...
Article - News Staff - Jan 7 2020 - 7:00am
- Food As Medicine? The Evidence For Diet Impacting Mental Health Is Too Weak To Take Seriously
Though there is some evidence that a ketogenic diet can help people with epilepsy, the 'food as medicine' industry has instead made huge leaps into a lot of claims based on suspect evidence. While biologists will often note that there are a lot o ...
Article - News Staff - Jan 7 2020 - 11:35am