- The Case For Psychedelic Psychotherapy
LSD (Lysergic acid diethylamide), ecstasy (MDMA), magic mushrooms (psilocybin) and marijuana have long been designated as drugs of abuse, but they didn't start out that way. ...
Article - Lila Abassi - Feb 26 2020 - 10:11am
- In COVID-19 Patients With Hypertension, ACE Inhibitors And Angiotensin Receptor Blockers May Improve Prognosis
Patients with hypertension, heart failure, and chronic kidney disease are at increased risk of severe coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus that originated in Wuhan, China. Now the debate is clinical use of angiotensin-convert ...
Article - News Staff - Mar 31 2020 - 5:31am
- Remdesivir: Randomized Trial By Chinese Government Claims No Clinical Benefits- But Confounders Are Huge
A new paper claims that treatment with the antiviral drug remdesivir does not speed recovery from COVID-19 versus placebo in hospitalized patients who are critically ill. But this needs to be interpreted with caution. The Lancet rushed to publish these re ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Apr 29 2020 - 11:06am
- Good News For Menopausal Women Taking Hop Supplements: They Don't Do Anything Bad
Some menopausal women experience night sweats and hot flashes. Hormone replacement therapy is the standard of care for menopausal patients, but not all women are good candidates for it and then some simply don't trust science and medicine; they buy or ...
Article - News Staff - May 19 2020 - 9:24am
- Newborn Mothers Get Too Many Opiods, Claim Osteopaths, Then They Circulate Them In Their Community
The 'teach to the protocol' environment created by government and insurance companies has removed much of the critical thinking in modern medicine, and a new paper suggests even more regulations are needed. It suggests that absent control, doctor ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Aug 14 2020 - 12:10pm
- High Dose Of Favipiravir Counters SARS-CoV-2 In Hamsters
The SARS-CoV-2 virus, the 2019 form of coronavirus that has caused the COVID-19 pandemic, has led to a rush of studies searching for a vaccine to prevent infection and testing existing drugs to see which one can reduce the amount of virus in infected peopl ...
Article - News Staff - Oct 13 2020 - 12:09pm
- Like Most Supplement Purchasers, Believers Think Cannabidiol Is Medicine Despite No Evidence
Cannabidiol, a chemical found in marijuana plants, is enjoying a wave of financial success due to strange prescriptions for "medical" marijuana, which ended up overwhelmingly being obtained for recreation. Yet belief in medicinal properties remai ...
Article - News Staff - Oct 15 2020 - 4:20pm
- Remdesivir Gets FDA Approval As First COVID-19 Treatment
After clinical trials showed the safety and efficacy of Veklury (remdesivir) in adult and pediatric patients 12 years of age and older, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved the antiviral drug for the treatment of severe COVID-19- requiring ho ...
Article - News Staff - Oct 22 2020 - 4:49pm