- Women Of Childbearing Age, Stop Taking Supplements Containing Vinpocetine
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is expressing concern supplements containing vinpocetine, a supplement (e.g. Vinca minor extract, lesser periwinkle extract, common periwinkle extract) which is a derivative of the vinca alkaloid vincamine, an extract ...
Article - News Staff - Jun 3 2019 - 1:40pm
- Health Advisory: Marijuana And Infertility
People who smoke marijuana and are considering having children in the future need to be aware about four serious issues that may impact both men and women according to an article (" Five things to know about... marijuana and fertility "- the tit ...
Article - News Staff - Jun 10 2019 - 9:52am
- The Chinese Were Smoking Genetically Engineered Cannabis 2,500 Years Ago
Cannabis, known as marijuana in the U.S., Cannabis has been cultivated for millennia in East Asia and like many drugs exported from there to become one of the most widely used psychoactive drugs in the world today. But now archaeologists have tracked down ...
Article - News Staff - Jun 12 2019 - 3:14pm
- Gingivitis and its Implication in Alzheimer's Disease
Porphyromonas gingivalis is the pathogen responsible for chronic periodontitis (CP) or gingivitis. A prospective observational study of patients with Alzheimer’s disease (AD) and active CP showed a notable decline in cognition (Alzheimer’s Disease As ...
Blog Post - Scott Beers - Jun 13 2019 - 6:01pm
- Scorpion Venom Provides Two Benzoquinones With Antimicrobial Activity
A paper published in ...
Blog Post - Scott Beers - Jul 2 2019 - 3:17pm
- Not Just The West Coast Any More: Survey Now Says 45% Worry About The Safety Of Vaccines
No one admits to being swayed by celebrities, Facebook groups, or media coverage, but their impact is clear. Whereas 10 years ago vaccine denial was only prominent among wealthy elites on the west coast, a new The Harris Poll paid for by the American Osteo ...
Article - News Staff - Jun 24 2019 - 1:14pm
- Buprenorphine Is A Schedule III Drug For Opioid Addiction- Taking It Off Prescription Will Save Lives
There is no question the government and its hand-picked advisors have hyped claims of opioid addiction beyond all sense. Doctors, pharmaceutical companies, and legitimate pain patients have all been steamrolled in an effort to stop what is really a recrea ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 9 2019 - 5:00am
- Marijuana Legalization Linked To Decline In Teen Use
Data from the Youth Risk Behavior Surveys between 1993 to 2017 covering 27 states and Washington, D.C., before and after "medical" marijuana laws were adopted and 7 states from before and after recreational marijuana laws were adopted covering mo ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 8 2019 - 6:48pm
- Kratom Is Unsafe As An Herbal Supplement, Finds New Review Of Poison Centers Data
Kratom, derived from the leaves of the southeast Asian tree Mitragyna speciosa, is a supplement that is not useless, it actually does something. It contains psychoactive compounds and users also like it as an analgesic, but because it is a plant users and ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 9 2019 - 8:31am
- Number Of Women Using Marijuana During Pregnancy Nearly Doubles
Claims about marijuana being medical have never been shown in clinical trials, they have instead been a joke among users, but it opened the doorway to recreational legalization. Yet the myth of benefit, or at least lack of harm, persist, and new survey res ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 19 2019 - 3:01pm