- Gingivitis and its Implication in Alzheimer's Disease
Porphyromonas gingivalis is the pathogen responsible for chronic periodontitis (CP) or gingivitis. A prospective observational study of patients with Alzheimer’s disease (AD) and active CP showed a notable decline in cognition (Alzheimer’s Disease As ...
Blog Post - Scott Beers - Jun 13 2019 - 6:01pm
- Scorpion Venom Provides Two Benzoquinones With Antimicrobial Activity
A paper published in ...
Blog Post - Scott Beers - Jul 2 2019 - 3:17pm
- Not Just The West Coast Any More: Survey Now Says 45% Worry About The Safety Of Vaccines
No one admits to being swayed by celebrities, Facebook groups, or media coverage, but their impact is clear. Whereas 10 years ago vaccine denial was only prominent among wealthy elites on the west coast, a new The Harris Poll paid for by the American Osteo ...
Article - News Staff - Jun 24 2019 - 1:14pm
- Buprenorphine Is A Schedule III Drug For Opioid Addiction- Taking It Off Prescription Will Save Lives
There is no question the government and its hand-picked advisors have hyped claims of opioid addiction beyond all sense. Doctors, pharmaceutical companies, and legitimate pain patients have all been steamrolled in an effort to stop what is really a recrea ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 9 2019 - 5:00am
- Marijuana Legalization Linked To Decline In Teen Use
Data from the Youth Risk Behavior Surveys between 1993 to 2017 covering 27 states and Washington, D.C., before and after "medical" marijuana laws were adopted and 7 states from before and after recreational marijuana laws were adopted covering mo ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 8 2019 - 6:48pm
- Kratom Is Unsafe As An Herbal Supplement, Finds New Review Of Poison Centers Data
Kratom, derived from the leaves of the southeast Asian tree Mitragyna speciosa, is a supplement that is not useless, it actually does something. It contains psychoactive compounds and users also like it as an analgesic, but because it is a plant users and ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 9 2019 - 8:31am
- Number Of Women Using Marijuana During Pregnancy Nearly Doubles
Claims about marijuana being medical have never been shown in clinical trials, they have instead been a joke among users, but it opened the doorway to recreational legalization. Yet the myth of benefit, or at least lack of harm, persist, and new survey res ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 19 2019 - 3:01pm
- First Time Users Try Recreational Drugs During Recreational Summers
There are only four seasons so one of them is going to win when it comes to drug use, and it's little surprise that season for teenagers is summer,when kids are not in school. A recent analysis of survey results found that 34 percent of new LSD initia ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 23 2019 - 12:06pm
- Nicotinomide Riboside Linked To Proxy For Healthier Aging In Pilot Study
In a small pilot study consume who consumed a natural dietary supplement called nicotinomide riboside (NR) daily showed signs of mimicking caloric restriction, which in mice has been linked to health benefits. Caloric restriction is a starvation diet. Whe ...
Article - News Staff - Aug 6 2019 - 10:51am
- Fish Oil Supplements Don't Help Prevent Type 2 Diabetes- They May Make Glucose Metabolism Worse
Increased consumption of omega 3 fats is widely promoted because of a recent belief that it will protect against, or even reverse, conditions such as type 2 diabetes. Fads always start with a kernel of scientific truth, as happened with acai berries, choc ...
Article - News Staff - Aug 23 2019 - 7:00am