Philosophy & Ethics
- Perspectivism, 5 Determinisms And Impossibility Of Defining Free Will, Zen
Often, we do not understand because we do not see the issue from the other side. For example, the person who believes in some sort of determinism, the "determinist", wonders why those others, people such as those who believe in ‘free will’, the “ ...
Article - Sascha Vongehr - Feb 21 2017 - 10:04am
- The Expression Of Scientific Certainty By Expert Witnesses In American Jurisprudence
An expert witness is a person authorized by a judge to share professional opinions in a court of law about subjects in which the expert was found to be sufficiently knowledgeable and competent. During criminal or civil litigation, the permission granted ...
Article - John M. Collins - Mar 17 2017 - 11:26am
- NYU Journalism Department Scandal Grows- Fraud, Conflicts Of Interest, Denial
A group called US Right To Know is embracing the rich history of the anti-science movement; a history filled with lots of revenue for smear campaigns against scientists, companies in the science business, and more overtly, political allies opposed to the ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Mar 31 2017 - 8:51am
- Does the “right to future liberty” justify infringing on youths’ liberty? Or is it just age discrimination? Parens Patriae vs. Age Egalitarianism
In an earlier article , I outline the case that, contrary to traditional legal presumption, most people are actually competent to make decisions on their own behalf as early as age 13. ...
Blog Post - Nightvid Cole - May 23 2017 - 12:58pm
- The Bizarre Relationship Between Environmental Lawyer Stephen Tillery And A Federal Judge Who Helped Him
Attorney Patrick Murphy is representing infamous sue-and-settle environmental lawyer Stephen Tillery, senior partner and founder of Korein Tillery, as plaintiff in the court of Senior U.S. District Judge Phil Gilbert in a lawsuit against Advanced Analytic ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Jun 16 2017 - 5:50pm
- California’s Very Expensive Free Healthcare
What will cost $400 billion, a giant leap over California’s total health care budget for 2018 of $179.5 billion, yet is not mentioned by California lawmakers? California's free "single-payer" healthcare proposal. ...
Article - News Staff - Jun 28 2017 - 8:26am
- Is Chris Portier The Andrew Wakefield Of Pesticides?
Christopher Portier, Ph.D., recently gave a deposition in liability litigation hearings related to cases filed by environmental lawyers against Monsanto’s Roundup. If you are not aware, Dr. Portier is external special adviser to the International Agency ...
Article - David Zaruk - Oct 17 2017 - 12:01pm
- Smart Levels And Many World/Mind Zen Ethics
Life is a gamble, every day, all day, in a most greedy casino with unwritten rules and players rewriting the rules, re-interpreting them if you accidentally won too much without having the right friends, putting you back in your place. How do people of di ...
Article - Sascha Vongehr - Jan 3 2018 - 1:58am
- Corporate Funding Is The Future Of Academic Science
With tax cuts in 2018, the federal government is going to either increase the deficit or cut spending. And conservatives argue spending should be cut. Will that impact science? It certainly will, but science was also not helped by the Obama administration, ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Dec 29 2017 - 1:21pm
- Phil/Evo Fundaments Of Our Deceiving In Denial, Justifying With Obvious Lies II: The Very Bottom
Any justification is fundamentally deception because there is no link from fundamental meaninglessness to why I should go on living. My a priori finding myself embodied in a world and the necessary physical causal creation myth involving emergence by algor ...
Article - Sascha Vongehr - Apr 14 2018 - 3:52am