Philosophy & Ethics
- Virtual Reality "Laws Of Robotics"-Type Code Of Conduct Created
The technological capacity for generating virtual worlds from home computers will soon be widely available to the general public, as special head-mounted displays are brought to market that create the illusion of being immersed in virtual three-dimensional ...
Article - News Staff - Mar 6 2016 - 9:00am
- Galactic Random-Genocide From Quantum-Relativistic Ethics With Diversity-Doctrine Or Donald Trump
Long Title: "Galactic Random-Genocide from Quantum-Relativistic Plenitude Principled Multiversial Many-Minds Ethics under the Doctrine of Diversity or Donald Trump" Alternative Title: The 1 CC = 50 FF or FFF Theorem or One Concealed Carry saves ...
Article - Sascha Vongehr - Jul 1 2016 - 2:33am
- 60 Minutes: No Broadcasting Standards, No Investigation
Last week, a small group of people held a protest outside Channel Nine in Sydney. They were objecting to the network’s treatment of Adam Whittington, the Australian man whose company “recovered” Sally Faulkner’s children on the streets of Beirut. It’s cle ...
Article - The Conversation - Jul 25 2016 - 8:12am
- Affordable Care Act And Health Care- The Same Racial And Economic Disparities Persist
Though the Affordable Health Care was passed and signed without really knowing what it was, a few things were certain; you could keep your doctor, it would be cheaper due to competition for new customers, and socio-economic disparities would be eliminated ...
Article - News Staff - Aug 31 2016 - 9:44am
- There is no Morality and no Such Thing as Ethics
Today’s affirmative action professoriate like to talk as though they own the moral high ground because they are not white men. It’s a big act. Even before the affirmative action professoriate came into being, the academic study of ethics and morality was ...
Blog Post - Alex Durig - Jan 2 2017 - 4:46pm
- Perspectivism, 5 Determinisms And Impossibility Of Defining Free Will, Zen
Often, we do not understand because we do not see the issue from the other side. For example, the person who believes in some sort of determinism, the "determinist", wonders why those others, people such as those who believe in ‘free will’, the “ ...
Article - Sascha Vongehr - Feb 21 2017 - 10:04am
- The Expression Of Scientific Certainty By Expert Witnesses In American Jurisprudence
An expert witness is a person authorized by a judge to share professional opinions in a court of law about subjects in which the expert was found to be sufficiently knowledgeable and competent. During criminal or civil litigation, the permission granted ...
Article - John Collins - Mar 17 2017 - 11:26am
- NYU Journalism Department Scandal Grows- Fraud, Conflicts Of Interest, Denial
A group called US Right To Know is embracing the rich history of the anti-science movement; a history filled with lots of revenue for smear campaigns against scientists, companies in the science business, and more overtly, political allies opposed to the ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Mar 31 2017 - 8:51am
- Does the “right to future liberty” justify infringing on youths’ liberty? Or is it just age discrimination? Parens Patriae vs. Age Egalitarianism
In an earlier article , I outline the case that, contrary to traditional legal presumption, most people are actually competent to make decisions on their own behalf as early as age 13. ...
Blog Post - Nightvid Cole - May 23 2017 - 12:58pm
- The Bizarre Relationship Between Environmental Lawyer Stephen Tillery And A Federal Judge Who Helped Him
Attorney Patrick Murphy is representing infamous sue-and-settle environmental lawyer Stephen Tillery, senior partner and founder of Korein Tillery, as plaintiff in the court of Senior U.S. District Judge Phil Gilbert in a lawsuit against Advanced Analytic ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Jun 16 2017 - 5:50pm