Philosophy & Ethics
- Gender Ideology In Science: The New Dogma And The New Witch Hunt
Because its spirit seeks truth objectively rather than by imposition, science must enjoy academic freedom to be useful. The spirit of science is dialectic, in perpetual open discussion and debate about the nature of things. It is the opposite of religion, ...
Article - Martín López Corr... - Dec 14 2018 - 6:19am
- Jennifer Doudna, Co-Inventor Of CRISPR, Tells People To Calm Down About Gene Edited Babies
Though vitriol and outrage are common in western culture in 2018, when it comes to claims that a researcher in China used CRISPR technology to edit a human embryo, bloggers, journalists and scientists on social media have taken it to another level. Without ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Nov 29 2018 - 10:32am
- Women Can't Vote Republican, Trump Is Hitler, And Three More Myths You Shouldn't Carry Into 2019
Our job at The Conversation is to work with scholars to publish analysis that helps readers make sense of the world. And if we demolish a few popularly held – but erroneous or misplaced – ideas and assumptions in the process, that makes me especially happ ...
Article - The Conversation - Dec 26 2018 - 10:10am
- Greenpeace: Spewing Environmental Toxins, Too Cheap To Clean Up Their Mess, And More Tales Of Hypocrisy
Which corporation lets executives commute to work on emissions-belching airplanes, damages native landmarks while putting up advertising, speculates on international bank trade while saddling consumers with their losses, and writes policies for its custome ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Jan 5 2019 - 12:13pm
- FTC Cracks Down On Osteopath Bryn Jarald Henderson And Shady Stem Cell Therapies
Bryn Jarald Henderson, D.O. (osteopath), claimed his stem cell treatments at Regenerative Medical Group and Telehealth Medical Group using amniotic fluid from women who have given birth via C-section could cause the lame to walk and cure kidney disease and ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Jan 9 2019 - 6:00am
- Friends Of The Earth Presents Yogic Flying Instructor John Fagan In 'How To Do Science'
Friends of the Earth, social justice warriors, 1960s-era anti-science activists, occasional lobbyists, and current Political Action Committee (PAC) for Democrats (including Green New Deal darling Rep. ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Feb 11 2019 - 10:22am
- Walgreens Is Top Among 15 Retailers Targeted by FDA For Selling Tobacco Products To Kids
FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, M.D., has requested a meeting with the management of Walgreens, the top violator among pharmacies that sell tobacco products to kids. But they are not alone, 15 others were also called out, including Walmart, Kroger, 7-Elev ...
Blog Post - Hank Campbell - Mar 4 2019 - 10:27pm
- Gun Shootings Lead To More Gun Purchases
For a recent paper, researchers examined monthly data on U.S. background checks for gun purchases and permits from November 1998 through April 2016, looking for purchasing trends after shootings during that time. When media coverage highlighted shootings, ...
Article - News Staff - Apr 5 2019 - 10:00am
- Another California Jury Says Glyphosate Might Have Caused Cancer, And That's Worth $2 Billion
Glyphosate, a common weedkiller, doesn't have a mechanism that acts on the biology of humans, at least without falling into a tub full of it and drowning, but trial lawyers know science does not matter to a jury, emotion does. And emotionally an agric ...
Article - Hank Campbell - May 13 2019 - 6:12pm
- Conflicts Of Interest Bordering On Fraud: Paul Mills JAMA Article Should Be Retracted
A few months ago JAMA, the Journal of the American Medical Association, published a "Letter" noting that glyphosate was detected in urine. Nothing odd about that, in modern times we can detect anything in anything, but their media bait worked. ...
Article - Hank Campbell - May 15 2019 - 11:40am