Programmers may not be the guys with the best sense of humor around, but I found it quite entertaining to read a web page with a collection of source code comments arising a smile.
The one I liked the most is the following - not even a comment, but the way the guy called the object he instantiates:
I am sorry if you do not get it - let me try to explain. A program may "throw an exception" if something goes wrong - say it finds itself in the need of dividing by zero, or taking the square root of a negative number, or accessing a non-existing memory address. The language has a command that "throws" the exception, and the exception may have a text attached or other characteristics, which are specified by its constructor command. The code above "throws" the exception called "up", so the code does contain the command "throw up"....
Others might like more the other code segments in the page linked - worth a visit.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Prevent Alzheimer's Disease By Drinking Beer?
- Acceptance Of Evolution Is Far Higher Than Acceptance Of Other Biology
- Planck on BICEP2 "It turns out that the part of the dust had been significantly underestimated."
- Hardwired For Miscommunication? Why Women Think Sex When Men Just Want To Be Friends
- Optically Getting To The Same Side: How To Generating Möbius Strips Of Light
- Extended Telomeres Slow Cell Aging
- "Perhaps it is not a 'type of person' to you but that is in defiance of social psychology - which..."
- " . . . and everyone thought you guys just didn't want to help women!..."
- "David:While Bok globules are dark, in the conventional sense of absorbing visible light, they have..."
- "I really dislike Hank's continuous forcing of republican and democrat into his articles. It's a..."
- "It's a popular graphic, the most famous in evolution - and it is incorrect. We can't attribute..."