Looking at suchlike:
Can somebody explain "Black Friday" in scientifically
satisfying ways (read: leave your party book out of it)? What is this
seemingly dramatic drop in prices that is
adjusted so to endanger public safety rather than to ensure a more "rational" adjustment over longer times that perhaps "naive capitalistic" models predict to be more lucrative for all (consumer,
seller, society that ensures the marketplace)?
Is this all
plainly exploitation and procreation of an irrational mass of consumers that otherwise may not buy what they would realize not
to need or is there something more subtle that could be justification for exporting such culture to as yet not infected human populations?
Is the core of it similar to apple/nike release dates, but without the brand specific aspects and other key differences, i.e. the irrational customer that needs to be manipulated to buy in impulsive ways?
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Suggestion: The EM Drive Is Getting The Appropriate Level Of Attention From The Science Community
- Animal Sex Is Spicier Than We Thought
- Multi-meter Sea Level Rise This Century? That's Not A Consensus
- Bang! Meet The Highest-Energy Hadron Collision Ever Imaged!
- Will Aspartame Critics Now Be Less Bitter?
- For Now We See Through A Brewing Class, Darkly
- Bees: Activists Remain Silent While This Pollinator Killer Decimates Millions
- "Thanks, that makes sense, are you in agreement with these that I just found?http://www.reddit.com/r/AskPhysics/comments/2f8hsh/does_reflection_necessarily_redshift_photons/http..."
- "Hello Josh Bloom, I am happy to respond to your specific challenges. People readily drink ethanol..."
- "Oregon has some interesting laws for instance though you may elect to kill yourself you can't pump..."
- "Hi ThorYou said:This explanation seems to say that the doppler shift would be the same for large..."
- "Uh, Hank is our president now. And we see eye to eye on just about everything. I was responding..."
- Genetic tug of war in the brain influences behavior
- New method to predict the amount of nicotine emitted from e-cigarettes
- How bees naturally vaccinate their babies
- Mild hypothermia in deceased organ donors improves organ function in kidney transplant
- Trying to quit smoking? First strengthen self-control