Looking at suchlike:
Can somebody explain "Black Friday" in scientifically
satisfying ways (read: leave your party book out of it)? What is this
seemingly dramatic drop in prices that is
adjusted so to endanger public safety rather than to ensure a more "rational" adjustment over longer times that perhaps "naive capitalistic" models predict to be more lucrative for all (consumer,
seller, society that ensures the marketplace)?
Is this all
plainly exploitation and procreation of an irrational mass of consumers that otherwise may not buy what they would realize not
to need or is there something more subtle that could be justification for exporting such culture to as yet not infected human populations?
Is the core of it similar to apple/nike release dates, but without the brand specific aspects and other key differences, i.e. the irrational customer that needs to be manipulated to buy in impulsive ways?
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- More Electricity In Developing Nations Had Little Impact On Climate Change
- Amenhotep III: Ancient Egyptian Mummies Didn't Have Spinal Arthritis
- Ebola Transmission Via Public Transport
- From Mindless Physics To Physics Of Mind
- #GAMERGATE Style Harassment Does Not Happen in the Male Dominated Sciences
- 24 hours with Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 3
- The Resource Curse: Science Cities Suffer
- "Robert H. Olley, Let's have a big party, maybe Thomas Dunkan's relatives being declared Ebola free..."
- "Nice bit of news for us all:Ebola crisis: Nigeria set to be declared free of virusRead about the..."
- "But it never stands still, how is that boring. To stagnate within a belief like religion that does..."
- "I was hard wired as in raised JW. We switched at the death of 2 of my sisters, when flowers were..."
- "“All I've ever done is defend a fellow scientist who wrote a book and was harassed for it, which..."
- Could GM plants replace airport security scanners?
- Natural Resources Defense Council sues EPA to block rollout of Dow Enlist Duo GMO system
- Enviros file suit to block new Dow AgroSciences GMO herbicide and seeds
- Couples can protect children from devastating mutations with new IVF methods
- Food 2.0: Will farmers be able to meet the ecological challenges ahead?
- General Mills’ Cascadian Farm launches ‘bee-friendly’ campaign, GMO critics unimpressed
- Genetic variant protects some Latina women from breast cancer
- Blind cave fish may provide insight on eye disease and other human health issues
- Head Start program benefits parents
- Heart rate may predict survival and brain function in comatose cardiac arrest survivors
- Study shows medication is frequently, unintentionally given incorrectly to young children