Looking at suchlike:
Can somebody explain "Black Friday" in scientifically
satisfying ways (read: leave your party book out of it)? What is this
seemingly dramatic drop in prices that is
adjusted so to endanger public safety rather than to ensure a more "rational" adjustment over longer times that perhaps "naive capitalistic" models predict to be more lucrative for all (consumer,
seller, society that ensures the marketplace)?
Is this all
plainly exploitation and procreation of an irrational mass of consumers that otherwise may not buy what they would realize not
to need or is there something more subtle that could be justification for exporting such culture to as yet not infected human populations?
Is the core of it similar to apple/nike release dates, but without the brand specific aspects and other key differences, i.e. the irrational customer that needs to be manipulated to buy in impulsive ways?
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- The Five Stages Of A Dying Theory
- Something is wrong in the Arctic
- Is The X(5568) A True Resonance ?
- Order Patterned With Chaos - How Climate Is Predicted For Decades - With Exact Forecasts Only For Days
- Neanderthals: Not So Dumb
- Anomaly! Book Presentation At CERN On November 29
- Should Pregnant Women Be Concerned About BPA?
- "Oh okay maybe they got upset in the same way you did. You could try pointing them towards my Nibiru..."
- "So you can guarantee to me that this is not real yeah thats all i want for this not to be real..."
- "No you don't. It's not real, it's a hoax, any astronomer would just LOL at the idea. These are..."
- "Do I need to do any of that then Mr walker just want the truth are me and my children in any danger..."
- "Oh, don't do any of that. Who has told you to do that? Are they people you would trust with your..."
- Public Citizen Wants You Dead- Not Bacteria
- Pfizer's Centrum Silver Multivitamins Contain Pesticide, Paint, and Glass
- Fly me to the Moon, but hold the altitude sickness
- What's in an Egg? Demystifying the Labels
- Paper Scandal at Science? Microbeads Lying In the Weeds. With A Stolen Computer.
- Honey, Please Pass The High Fructose Corn Syrup