Looking at suchlike:
Can somebody explain "Black Friday" in scientifically
satisfying ways (read: leave your party book out of it)? What is this
seemingly dramatic drop in prices that is
adjusted so to endanger public safety rather than to ensure a more "rational" adjustment over longer times that perhaps "naive capitalistic" models predict to be more lucrative for all (consumer,
seller, society that ensures the marketplace)?
Is this all
plainly exploitation and procreation of an irrational mass of consumers that otherwise may not buy what they would realize not
to need or is there something more subtle that could be justification for exporting such culture to as yet not infected human populations?
Is the core of it similar to apple/nike release dates, but without the brand specific aspects and other key differences, i.e. the irrational customer that needs to be manipulated to buy in impulsive ways?
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Kudos To "The Independent" Newspaper For Debunking Nibiru "Blood Moon" Hoax
- Friendships And Vaccines
- Your Microbiome Did Not Cause Your Weight Problem
- Researchers Discover Machines Can Learn By Simply Observing
- Fungi Recycle Rechargeable Lithium-ion Batteries
- More Evidence That 'healthy Obesity' May Be A Myth
- Swing Voters Win Elections, So Why Do Presidential Candidates Ignore Them?
- "The question about pions and iron goes back to Mesonic Atoms (See: SciAm, Sergio De Bennedetti..."
- "Yes it is interesting. Actually planet 9 would be as big as Neptune if it exists, several times..."
- "Apparently planet 9 exists. Not Nobiru but another dwarf planet. This planet could destroy a couple..."
- "Thank you. You know, I am of the firm belief that if a blog has a title that includes Science in..."
- "Firstly, I want to inform everyone apart from Kaylee that the following doesn't apply to the topic..."
- <a href="/news/2016/08/30/how-do-herpes-drugs-work-9941">How Do Herpes Drugs Work? <i class="fa fa-angle-double-right"></i></a>
- <a href="/news/2016/08/30/school-meals-eat-tu-principals-9938">School meals - Eat tu Principals? <i class="fa fa-angle-double-right"></i></a>
- <a href="/annual-reports">Annual Reports <i class="fa fa-angle-double-right"></i></a>
- <a href="/news/2016/08/30/breastmilk-sugar-helps-prevent-group-b-strep-infection-babies-9934">Breastmilk Sugar Helps Prevent Group B Strep Infection in Babies <i class="fa fa-angle-double-right"></i></a>
- <a href="/news/2016/08/30/concussion-recovery-time-cut-half-when-athletes-immediately-sit-9933">Concussion Recovery Time Cut in Half When Athletes Immediately Sit <i class="fa fa-angle-double-right"></i></a>
- <a href="/news/2016/08/29/icymi-acshs-most-popular-articles-summer-9931">ICYMI: ACSH's Most Popular Articles of the Summer <i class="fa fa-angle-double-right"></i></a>
- Progress in refining the genetic causes of schizophrenia
- Researchers discover machines can learn by simply observing
- Technique could assess historic changes to Antarctic sea ice and glaciers
- Factors associated with improvement in survival following heart attack
- System may help treat rare genetic disorder, reduce severe side effects