Looking at suchlike:
Can somebody explain "Black Friday" in scientifically
satisfying ways (read: leave your party book out of it)? What is this
seemingly dramatic drop in prices that is
adjusted so to endanger public safety rather than to ensure a more "rational" adjustment over longer times that perhaps "naive capitalistic" models predict to be more lucrative for all (consumer,
seller, society that ensures the marketplace)?
Is this all
plainly exploitation and procreation of an irrational mass of consumers that otherwise may not buy what they would realize not
to need or is there something more subtle that could be justification for exporting such culture to as yet not infected human populations?
Is the core of it similar to apple/nike release dates, but without the brand specific aspects and other key differences, i.e. the irrational customer that needs to be manipulated to buy in impulsive ways?
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Giddings: The 750 GeV Diphoton Resonance Is A Graviton
- Why Your Muscles Get Less Sore As You Stick With Your Gym Routine
- Inconvenient Truth: There Are Synthetic Pesticide Residues On Organic
- No Higgs Needed: 5 Ways Particle Accelerators Have Changed The World
- Starting Age Of Marijuana Use May Have Long-term Effects On Brain Development
- A.I. May Tell Us What's Going To Be Big In Science This Year
- Future Transatlantic Flight Delays Blamed On Global Warming
- "It may... Or it may not! THAT'S SCIENCE!!! ..."
- "(sarc on) Nice try! (sarc off) Typical reply from an uninformed ditto-head alarmist, that is, to..."
- " Not sure what point you are trying to make, but... No, most of the energy emitted from the Earth..."
- "Wow, a blog by a weatherman, that’s convincing. A total Gish gallop of inaccurate observations..."
- "Where can I buy a mug like the one above??..."
- National Academy of Medicine Supports Replacing Faulty Mitochondrial DNA
- Pregnant & Still Smoking: Better Way Needed To Quit
- ‘Healthy Obesity’ May Be an Oxymoron, Study Says
- Keeping the PBJ, While Chasing NBA Immortality
- The Public Toilet Seat’s Place on the ‘Ick Scale’
- Moms-to-Be: Take Chocolate Benefits With Grain of Salt
- Lower oxygen saturation levels increase risk of death in extremely preterm infants -- NEJM
- New study reveals incidence of dementia may be declining
- Landmark study finds dementia risk varies significantly among racial and ethnic groups
- Sneezing produces complex fluid cascade, not a simple spray
- The scaled king and his knight: 2 new giant bent-toed gecko species from New Guinea