Looking at suchlike:
Can somebody explain "Black Friday" in scientifically
satisfying ways (read: leave your party book out of it)? What is this
seemingly dramatic drop in prices that is
adjusted so to endanger public safety rather than to ensure a more "rational" adjustment over longer times that perhaps "naive capitalistic" models predict to be more lucrative for all (consumer,
seller, society that ensures the marketplace)?
Is this all
plainly exploitation and procreation of an irrational mass of consumers that otherwise may not buy what they would realize not
to need or is there something more subtle that could be justification for exporting such culture to as yet not infected human populations?
Is the core of it similar to apple/nike release dates, but without the brand specific aspects and other key differences, i.e. the irrational customer that needs to be manipulated to buy in impulsive ways?
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Planck on BICEP2 "It turns out that the part of the dust had been significantly underestimated." UPDATED
- Prevent Alzheimer's Disease By Drinking Beer?
- Acceptance Of Evolution Is Far Higher Than Acceptance Of Other Biology
- BICEP2 Found Interstellar Dust, Not Primordial Gravitational Waves
- The ATLAS Top Production Asymmetry And One Thing I Do Not Like Of It
- Hardwired For Miscommunication? Why Women Think Sex When Men Just Want To Be Friends
- "I have dealt with that paper multiple times, I know you haven't read them all, but he keeps being..."
- "In a discussion with my father an MD, people who are dark skin as in Africa in the sun is..."
- "A point is based on the electron energy for speed of light 8.18E-20 for hnu or kinetic energy 3..."
- "Well, in principle yes, you can decide that a priori, and then live with whatever result it gives..."
- Better forecasting of the flu better, using Big and Traditional Data
- New instrument can detect atmospheric mercury
- The enigma of crustal zircons in upper-mantle rocks
- Why does shoveling snow increase risk of heart attacks?
- Stress balls, watching movies and talking ease pain and anxiety during surgery