Looking at suchlike:
Can somebody explain "Black Friday" in scientifically
satisfying ways (read: leave your party book out of it)? What is this
seemingly dramatic drop in prices that is
adjusted so to endanger public safety rather than to ensure a more "rational" adjustment over longer times that perhaps "naive capitalistic" models predict to be more lucrative for all (consumer,
seller, society that ensures the marketplace)?
Is this all
plainly exploitation and procreation of an irrational mass of consumers that otherwise may not buy what they would realize not
to need or is there something more subtle that could be justification for exporting such culture to as yet not infected human populations?
Is the core of it similar to apple/nike release dates, but without the brand specific aspects and other key differences, i.e. the irrational customer that needs to be manipulated to buy in impulsive ways?
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Vitriolic Abuse Of Anita Sarkeesian: Why The Games Industry Needs Her
- Sam Ting On AMS Results: Dark Matter Might Be One Seminar Away
- Why Natural Gas, Including Fracking, Is Better For The Environment Than Wind And Solar
- Mysterious 1808 Eruption - The Real Cause Of The Coldest Decade Of The Last 500 Years
- BICEP2's vision wasn't that strong, Planck says their window was too dusty.
- Factor In Space Bubbles Or The Terrorists Win
- Triclosan In Utero May Disrupt Growth Of Boys, But BPA Doesn't
- "The potential for a discovery is there Anon. It's in the high-energy data and the antiproton data..."
- "It's amazing to see the PR machine that Ting has put together at work. Not only do we have to wait..."
- ":) Actually amphetamine salts were not sustainable as an ADHD solution for me. They actually did..."
- "Hi Hontas. This caught my eye: That said, it may be that there simply is no strong signal of inflation..."
- "1.) Fundamentally one can never prove any theory. That's what makes a theory different from..."
- Patients accept false-positives to achieve diagnostic sensitivity
- Mefloquine fails to replace SP for malaria prevention during pregnancy
- The mechanics of tissue growth
- Microplastic pollution discovered in St. Lawrence River sediments
- Insects' fear limits boost from climate change, Dartmouth study shows