The weak force is the most mysterious force in the standard model, it is the only force thatisn't long range, thanks to the Higgs mechanism, the weak forces carriers gain a mass can only travel a very short distance before there borrowed energy runs out. The weak force also acts only upon particles with left handed spin, ignoring those with right handed spin. It is entirely mysterious why the weak force is left handed. I find that I can help explain the handedness of the weak force only we if introduce a new fifth force to nature.
Let us introduce a force that has opposite charges on left and right handed particles, due to quantum anomalies electrons cannot feel such a force. But neutrinos on the other hand seem to need such a force. The equations of motion of particles allow for forces that act either equally between opposite spins, Vector forces, and ones that act oppositely between opposite spins, Axial forces. So we may introduce a axial force between neutrinos. Noticing that beta decay produces both an electron and an anti-neutrino, we may see, that a W particle would hold both charges of
both the vector electric force and neutrino axial forces. The W particles (V-A) vector-axial nature first noted by Enrico Fermi, is then derived from the combination of forces on electron and neutrinos. That the Weak force has a (V-A) nature was completely unexpected and was discovered after experimenters noticed that electrons emitted by decaying cobalt-60 held in an magnetic field only spun in the left handed direction. The weak force was from then on described as left handed (V-A) force, but no clear mechanism for arrived at for explaining why the weak force left handed.
In fact under the symmetry of special relativity, left handedness doesn't remain left handed, you may over take a particle spinning in a left handed manner compared with its direction of motion, looking backwards you would see a right handed spinning particle. Thus relativity needs a right handed force as well a left handed force, and right handed as well as left handed neutrinos. In addition, it has been proved by L.M. Slad, that a axial force is need in addition to a left and right handed weak force, in order to give a definite handedness to the fields, that survives relativistic transformations. Having an axial force allows a neutrino to reverse its direction without reversing its handedness, it merely emitted a spin-1 axi-photon after the reversal. It is this axi-photon that carries the fifth force. The symmetry of the axial force allows left and right handed neutrino andleft and right handed W particles the carriers of the weak force to have different masses. This is possible because an axial force is created by gauge invariance (Adams1, Section 2), whenever a particle has its mass described by as a Majorana mass, with different masses for left and right handed particles. The asymmetry noticed at low energy, that neutrinos are light and left handed and that the weak force has a mass and is left handed, then required another symmetry that of the axial force. We thus have 3 reasons for believing in an axial force.
1. That gauge invariance is possible for neutrinos with Majorana mass. Implies an axial force.
2. That the weak force handedness is compatible with relativity. Implies an axial force.
3. That the weak force is V-A, may be retrodicted from an axial force between neutrinos.
I have been investigated the axial force for some five years now, and have blogged about it frequently at my previous blog site and written several papers for it. I managed to use the axial force to defend causality if neutrinos happened to travel faster than light. This I now regret as the OPERA experiment that saw faster than light neutrinos, turned out to be incorrect. The Axial force works whatever the speed of neutrinos are, both normal masses or tachyonic masses is fine to the axial force.
I have found that the axial force could be quite strong maybe as strong as a sixtieth of the strength of the electromagnetic force and still not be noticed. The reason is that neutrinos so very light, that the slightest forces on them causes them to move very quickly, as large measurement distances, bigger than 5 nanometers in air, and much less in solids the axial force is completely screened by the motions of background neutrinos. This makes the axial force a chameleon force, hidden from normal experiments, and explains why it has not be detected by other experiments. For my next article I will write of a experiment that might detect an axial force, and hope I can get experimentalists to try performing it.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Kudos To "The Independent" Newspaper For Debunking Nibiru "Blood Moon" Hoax
- USDA Microbiologist Warns Bacteria In Vaping Products May Be A Health Concern
- Your Microbiome Did Not Cause Your Weight Problem
- Control Cancer By Making The Tumor Cell Environment Hostile
- 20 Cent School Intervention Stops Unhealthy Weight Gain In Children
- A Great Blitz Game
- Sudden Death In Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy - The Exercise Didn't Do It
- "Hi Robert. Thank you for responding to my comment and the information you kindly provided. I consider..."
- "lol everybiody is lying but the nutcase that calls himself scientist and havent seen jack shit..."
- "Yes, it's just totally silly and no-one with a decent background in astronomy would give it any..."
- "So your absolutely certain and can absolutely guarantee that its not real mr walker. Charles ..."
- "Great, glad to have helped Michael, thanks :)...."
- Breast Cancer: Genomics May Show Where Chemo Might Not Be Needed
- Gallup Poll: Great Example of How to Bias a Social Science Study
- Another Kardashian Craze Debunked
- Fad Friday: Ditch The Body Wrap!
- Commonly Cited Stat of 10 Bacteria for Every 1 Human Cell Is Wrong
- Why The EpiPen And Other Generic Drugs Are So Expensive
- Heart failure in the elderly set to triple by 2060
- Up to 80 percent of heart failure patients denied therapy to reduce hospitalization and death
- Increased risk of death for heart failure patients with each NHS hospital admission
- Nebivolol prevents anthracycline-induced cardiotoxicity
- Traffic accidents increased by 50 percent in patients with implantable cardioverter defibrillator