We have a cultural problem brewing. Business is evil, when you are selling something to voters, but class warfare may have worked too well and so a week after Hostess decided to give up and sell its brands to someone who could make them without having to deal with union labor, and just before airport workers and Wal-Mart workers go on strike to piss off the public who just got done voting for the same candidate unions donated all of their money to, Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) has introduced a bill to remove federal tax deductions for marketing if that marketing includes 'junk food' aimed at children.
Kelly Phillips Erb at Forbes grew up a lot like me. Never had a Twinkie as a kid, nor Wonder Bread. We saw the ads, they looked nice, but our parents did not have the money to buy name brand stuff that was on television commercials. In my case, we bought cereal in giant bags. No amount of advertising was going to get my parents to buy Twinkies. Kucinich believes in UFOs and is from Ohio and they made it clear they are going to vote for anyone who gives them government money, but his idea still lacks some common sense. If he kills more food companies, more union people are out of jobs.
As always predicted, Twinkies will survive the holocaust, including the destruction of the company behind them. They just won't be made by union labor again. If politicians continue with their anti-business agenda, this could be a continuing trend.
As Hostess Folds, Congress Thinks of New Ways To Kill Snack Food Industry by Kelly Phillips Erb, Forbes
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Kenya Example: How Re-Analyzing Scientific Research Data Can Change The Findings
- Epigenetics: Quackery Or Phenomenon?
- New Results From The LHC At 13 TeV!
- Kepler 452b - Things That Could Go Wrong With Habitability & If It Is - Could We Detect Intelligent Life There?
- High Z: Metal Foams Shield X-rays, Gamma Rays And Neutron Radiation
- Are All Weight Loss Doctors Quacks?
- "Well, thanks - indeed I have the same impression :) And I do share your feelings about the recruitment..."
- "Exactly - the newest generation of hep C drugs have also drawn a lot of fire, but direct comparisons..."
- "The fervor surrounding the high costs of newcancer medications has many calling for government..."
- "I didn't really misunderstand, but I think what I was pointing out, fits into your system discussion..."
- "I’m not at all surprised by this. The idea that the Greeks used the golden ratio in everything..."
- Very early birth correlated to introversion, neuroticism, and risk aversion in adulthood
- Personality disorders drive psychiatric patients to euthanasia
- Schizophrenia's 'Rosetta Stone' gene identified
- Plasmonic superfast fluorescence sets new speed record
- Residential tourism increased earthquake risk, says sociologist