We have a cultural problem brewing. Business is evil, when you are selling something to voters, but class warfare may have worked too well and so a week after Hostess decided to give up and sell its brands to someone who could make them without having to deal with union labor, and just before airport workers and Wal-Mart workers go on strike to piss off the public who just got done voting for the same candidate unions donated all of their money to, Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) has introduced a bill to remove federal tax deductions for marketing if that marketing includes 'junk food' aimed at children.
Kelly Phillips Erb at Forbes grew up a lot like me. Never had a Twinkie as a kid, nor Wonder Bread. We saw the ads, they looked nice, but our parents did not have the money to buy name brand stuff that was on television commercials. In my case, we bought cereal in giant bags. No amount of advertising was going to get my parents to buy Twinkies. Kucinich believes in UFOs and is from Ohio and they made it clear they are going to vote for anyone who gives them government money, but his idea still lacks some common sense. If he kills more food companies, more union people are out of jobs.
As always predicted, Twinkies will survive the holocaust, including the destruction of the company behind them. They just won't be made by union labor again. If politicians continue with their anti-business agenda, this could be a continuing trend.
As Hostess Folds, Congress Thinks of New Ways To Kill Snack Food Industry by Kelly Phillips Erb, Forbes
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Higher Potency Cannabis Linked To Brain White Matter Damage
- Single Top Production At The LHC
- Our Ethical Responsibilities To Baby Terraformed Worlds - Like Parents
- Supersymmetry Is About To Be Discovered, Kane Says
- Cool, Dim Dwarf Star Is Magnetic Powerhouse
- New Gene Map Reveals Cancer's Achilles Heel
- Discovery Could Open Door To Frozen Preservation Of Tissues, Whole Organs
- "Great, :)...."
- "Thank you for your reassurance Mr. Walker :D My apologies for doubting you before :D I'm positive..."
- "Skunk-like cannabis, that's a real technical term right there. I'm going to take a questionnaire..."
- "It's just fiction. It's like asking me, do I think Harry Potter is a wizard? Yes of course because..."
- "some people are saying that nibiru is there and we cant see it others are saying it will be visible..."
- Earth's first ecosystems were more complex than previously thought, study finds
- Soil pulled from deep under Oregon's unglaciated Coast Range unveils frosty past climate
- Mystery of how snakes lost their legs solved by reptile fossil
- Seizure risk of anti-shivering agent meperidine greatly overstated
- Immune-disorder treatment in mice holds potential for multiple sclerosis patients