We have a cultural problem brewing. Business is evil, when you are selling something to voters, but class warfare may have worked too well and so a week after Hostess decided to give up and sell its brands to someone who could make them without having to deal with union labor, and just before airport workers and Wal-Mart workers go on strike to piss off the public who just got done voting for the same candidate unions donated all of their money to, Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) has introduced a bill to remove federal tax deductions for marketing if that marketing includes 'junk food' aimed at children.
Kelly Phillips Erb at Forbes grew up a lot like me. Never had a Twinkie as a kid, nor Wonder Bread. We saw the ads, they looked nice, but our parents did not have the money to buy name brand stuff that was on television commercials. In my case, we bought cereal in giant bags. No amount of advertising was going to get my parents to buy Twinkies. Kucinich believes in UFOs and is from Ohio and they made it clear they are going to vote for anyone who gives them government money, but his idea still lacks some common sense. If he kills more food companies, more union people are out of jobs.
As always predicted, Twinkies will survive the holocaust, including the destruction of the company behind them. They just won't be made by union labor again. If politicians continue with their anti-business agenda, this could be a continuing trend.
As Hostess Folds, Congress Thinks of New Ways To Kill Snack Food Industry by Kelly Phillips Erb, Forbes
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Part I: Bee Deaths Mystery Solved? Neonicotinoids (Neonics) May Actually Help Bee Health
- Microwave Electron Guns: A Field-Emission Plug-And-Play Solution
- Interstellar Is A Dangerous Fantasy Of US Colonialism
- Extraordinary Claims: Review My Paper For $10
- In A Snowstorm, Do You Want Salt Or Vegetable Juice On Your Road?
- The BPA Paradox – Too Many Studies?
- For Women, Being In Charge Is Depressing
- "Seriously? You reveal the final scene of a movie and yet do not provide a spoiler alert in advance..."
- "Well, that is not a great example. If you prefer basketball, you don't watch the NBA at all. ..."
- "Men are better athletes than women. If someone had a choice between watching the NBA and the WNBA..."
- "Why did you find it interesting? It's a rather bland political statement by someone not even in..."
- "You may find the statement by the AAS interesting: http://aas.org/posts/news/2014/11/aas-issues..."
- Digoxin associated with higher risk of death and hospitalization
- In landmark study of cell therapy for heart attack, more cells make a difference
- Immune checkpoint inhibitors may work in brain cancers
- Life's extremists may be an untapped source of antibacterial drugs
- Not all baseball stars treated equally in TV steroid coverage, says study of network news