Google Instant is basically a way to show you results as you type, sort of like your browser's ability to complete a URL as you type it in. Estimate: 2-5 seconds saved per Google Instant search and maybe even optimizing your search when you are not sure exactly what you want or how to spell it.
To allay concerns that results for improper words don't show up, like the first three letters of the word 'assign' showing you things you don't want your kids to see, filters are still in place and they say Google Instant is deactivated for slow connections.
Well, Google Instant is also deactivated for a lot of users because it is only available in Chrome (of course), Safari (which is what Chrome is built on), Firefox and Internet Explorer. Don't feel bad, European and Wii and mobile users - they are sure to add Google Instant into Opera some day. It's still new.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- B0 Meson Lifetime Difference Measured By ATLAS
- Case For Moon: Humanity's Gateway To The Solar System - Open Ended Exploration With Planetary Protection At Its Heart
- Energy Consumption Will Increase 48% By 2040, Led By Countries Exempt From Climate Treaties
- The Politics Of Antibiotic Resistance Factor MCR
- Italian Food Scientists Are Tired Of Phony Cheese
- Sweet Irony: The Environmental Impacts Of GMO Sugar Science Denial
- Ancient DNA Study Finds Phoenician From Carthage Had European Ancestry
- "Both the Pacific Salmon Forum and the Cohen Commission agree there is scant evidence farming salmon..."
- "If interested in an electromagnetic model of the photon structure and its absorption process, as..."
- "I agree with you in theory, but in the case of this particular salmon, I do not think it will turn..."
- "Homeopathy is based on the ‘like cures like’ principle: if a substance causes a set of symptoms..."
- "scuentific ?????????..."
- Refusing access to surgery recovery area at a UK hospital unless WHO Safe Surgery Checklist is fully complete
- Investment in energy storage vital if renewables to achieve full potential
- The Lancet Oncology: Teenagers and young adults still fare worse than children for many common cancers, according to Europe-wide
- Coping with active surveillance anxiety in prostate cancer
- Beating the limits of the light microscope, one photon at a time