Google Instant is basically a way to show you results as you type, sort of like your browser's ability to complete a URL as you type it in. Estimate: 2-5 seconds saved per Google Instant search and maybe even optimizing your search when you are not sure exactly what you want or how to spell it.
To allay concerns that results for improper words don't show up, like the first three letters of the word 'assign' showing you things you don't want your kids to see, filters are still in place and they say Google Instant is deactivated for slow connections.
Well, Google Instant is also deactivated for a lot of users because it is only available in Chrome (of course), Safari (which is what Chrome is built on), Firefox and Internet Explorer. Don't feel bad, European and Wii and mobile users - they are sure to add Google Instant into Opera some day. It's still new.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- A 3 TeV Dielectron Event By CMS !
- Germany Versus Science, Round Two
- The Dynamical Origin Of Quantum Mechanics (I)
- Mountain Doomed: CO2 Bubbles And Heart Attacks
- Bt Spray In The Organic Movement: Hypocrisy Or Scientific Illiteracy?
- Study Finds Atrazine Pesticide Doesn't Impact Aquatic Plant Life
- Copters, Drones - Location Data Is Changing The World
- "I was afraid I'd attract a math dude. Couldn't decide whether to threaten to have a temper tantrum..."
- "Simple correction r2-=0.09 means that only 9% of the variance of the incidence might be associated..."
- "A protein which cannot be expressed in humans is different than a toxic pesticide. The people who..."
- "The laws are indeed strong only on paper. ISIS commits war crimes for TV cameras, and is hardly..."
- "They're just examples kneemo, they probably took 3 TeV as a benchmark just because it's a bit beyond..."