Google Instant is basically a way to show you results as you type, sort of like your browser's ability to complete a URL as you type it in. Estimate: 2-5 seconds saved per Google Instant search and maybe even optimizing your search when you are not sure exactly what you want or how to spell it.
To allay concerns that results for improper words don't show up, like the first three letters of the word 'assign' showing you things you don't want your kids to see, filters are still in place and they say Google Instant is deactivated for slow connections.
Well, Google Instant is also deactivated for a lot of users because it is only available in Chrome (of course), Safari (which is what Chrome is built on), Firefox and Internet Explorer. Don't feel bad, European and Wii and mobile users - they are sure to add Google Instant into Opera some day. It's still new.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Top Mass: CMS Again On Top!
- The Enemy Of Archaeology Is Not People, It's Salt
- Science Graduates Are Not Good At Math – But Why?
- Why Ice Sheets Will Keep Melting For Centuries To Come
- Depression Surveys Linked To Unnecessary Antidepressant Prescriptions
- The Glaciers Of Mars
- The Origin Of Neptune And Uranus
- "Regarding Vlad III. Drăculea, the Romanians still regard him as something of a hero. ..."
- "I just can't enthuse about the top quark because its existence has been inferred. It's ephemeral..."
- "Eventually, by analyzing LHC Run 2 data and combining all inputs, we will nail down the top quark..."
- "I've long pictured a brain as a bunch of rail yards, and signals are trains.When you're learning..."
- "I'm suggesting you can design a synthetic silicon neuron, and be able to export and import the..."
- How career dreams are born
- Chemical interactions between silver nanoparticles and thiols: A comparison of mercaptohexanol again
- Gender equality leads to more Olympic medals for men and women
- New learning mechanism for individual nerve cells
- Erectile dysfunction drugs could affect vision of genetically susceptible users