Google Instant is basically a way to show you results as you type, sort of like your browser's ability to complete a URL as you type it in. Estimate: 2-5 seconds saved per Google Instant search and maybe even optimizing your search when you are not sure exactly what you want or how to spell it.
To allay concerns that results for improper words don't show up, like the first three letters of the word 'assign' showing you things you don't want your kids to see, filters are still in place and they say Google Instant is deactivated for slow connections.
Well, Google Instant is also deactivated for a lot of users because it is only available in Chrome (of course), Safari (which is what Chrome is built on), Firefox and Internet Explorer. Don't feel bad, European and Wii and mobile users - they are sure to add Google Instant into Opera some day. It's still new.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Why An Extra Planet Can't Be Hidden Behind The Sun Or Above The South Pole
- The Daily Physics Problem - 2
- The Daily Physics Problem - 1
- Lichen: Apparently Happy Couple Really A Threesome
- The Daily Physics Problem - 3
- US Could Feed Twice As Many People - If Only Elites Eat Meat
- Hugh Hefner's Wife Was Not Poisoned By Breast Implants
- "No, you're a towel..."
- "Hilariously enough --- and I literally laughed out loud --- the title of LM's long boring post..."
- "I wouldn't believe that there would be an ECAL overshoot however which would lead to two 50 GeV..."
- "I was almost sure that the gamma-gamma could come from a Higgs decay. However, all the possible..."
- " Tommaso, thank you for the explanation. Recently, a very good physicist told me that he abandoned..."