Google Instant is basically a way to show you results as you type, sort of like your browser's ability to complete a URL as you type it in. Estimate: 2-5 seconds saved per Google Instant search and maybe even optimizing your search when you are not sure exactly what you want or how to spell it.
To allay concerns that results for improper words don't show up, like the first three letters of the word 'assign' showing you things you don't want your kids to see, filters are still in place and they say Google Instant is deactivated for slow connections.
Well, Google Instant is also deactivated for a lot of users because it is only available in Chrome (of course), Safari (which is what Chrome is built on), Firefox and Internet Explorer. Don't feel bad, European and Wii and mobile users - they are sure to add Google Instant into Opera some day. It's still new.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- How Gut Bacteria Ensure A Healthy Brain – and Could Play A Role In Treating Depression
- Researchers Created A Laser Bullet To See What It Would Look Like - And Here It Is
- The Strange Organic Molecules In Titan's Atmosphere
- We're Too Late To Prevent 137,000 More Ebola Cases, Says Epidemiology Paper
- The Quote Of The Week - Shocked And Disappointed
- As Seen on TV: Advertising’s Influence on Alcohol Abuse
- Type 1 Diabetes Surges In White Kids
- "For background, look at Paul Bloom’s 2004 book Descartes’ Baby. This has interesting material..."
- " It is possible that survival of Ebola virus victims would be much improved if an artificial fever..."
- "Priceless! I really needed a kick in the pants to get me to laugh at myself and this post did it..."
- "You have done an immense amount of work. It would help if you added some boxes to explain how you..."
- "2) All that is possible is possible; none of the impossible will be made possible. 3) None of the..."
- US Ebola hysteria and money pit highlight lack of resources to confront diseases that kill far more people
- Addiction can be measured by epigenetics
- Coffee grounds turned biofuel can heat your home
- Bill and Melinda Gates on GMOs: ‘Poor farmers should not be denied choice of life-saving tools’
- Why do foodies love organics? Because they taste like McDonald’s!
- GMO milk? An enviros dream innovation that most enviros oppose
- Global boom in hydropower expected this decade
- For brain hemorrhage, risk of death is lower at high-volume hospitals
- Roman-Britons had less gum disease than modern Britons
- 'Swingers' multiple drug use heightens risk of sexually transmitted diseases
- Were clinical trial practices in East Germany questionable?