Google Instant is basically a way to show you results as you type, sort of like your browser's ability to complete a URL as you type it in. Estimate: 2-5 seconds saved per Google Instant search and maybe even optimizing your search when you are not sure exactly what you want or how to spell it.
To allay concerns that results for improper words don't show up, like the first three letters of the word 'assign' showing you things you don't want your kids to see, filters are still in place and they say Google Instant is deactivated for slow connections.
Well, Google Instant is also deactivated for a lot of users because it is only available in Chrome (of course), Safari (which is what Chrome is built on), Firefox and Internet Explorer. Don't feel bad, European and Wii and mobile users - they are sure to add Google Instant into Opera some day. It's still new.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- True Weight Loss Is Rare
- What May Be Missing From Quantum Computing - A Quantum Middle Man
- AMVA4NewPhysics Logo
- Glacial Quakes As Indicators Of Glacier Disruption
- Radiation Detectors Click By Design
- Patients With Recurrent Depression Have Smaller Hippocampi
- Phase IIb Pivotal Clinical Study Of P2B001 For The Treatment Of Early Stage Parkinson's Disease
- "james first you list homicide and suicide by (your cite was that) and then you say we are not talking..."
- "US gun homicide rate is now down 62% since the mid 1990's peak. Hemingway's research indicated..."
- "With doctors like this, obesity will continue. To suggest that being overweight is as inherent..."
- "Not close-minded when it is fact. You can draw a circle around a Whole Foods and find anti..."
- "Right, that works out to be 11,000, like I said. Of course the UK will have fewer gun homicides..."