Google Instant is basically a way to show you results as you type, sort of like your browser's ability to complete a URL as you type it in. Estimate: 2-5 seconds saved per Google Instant search and maybe even optimizing your search when you are not sure exactly what you want or how to spell it.
To allay concerns that results for improper words don't show up, like the first three letters of the word 'assign' showing you things you don't want your kids to see, filters are still in place and they say Google Instant is deactivated for slow connections.
Well, Google Instant is also deactivated for a lot of users because it is only available in Chrome (of course), Safari (which is what Chrome is built on), Firefox and Internet Explorer. Don't feel bad, European and Wii and mobile users - they are sure to add Google Instant into Opera some day. It's still new.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Can A New Rule Trigger A Second EU Referendum? Petition Signatures Over 9.7% Of Total Votes Cast
- How A Former Naturopath Can Help Unravel The Trickery of Alternative Medicine
- Better Brains With Beer
- Beneficial Bacteria May Protect Breasts From Cancer
- Some Celiac Disease May Be Due To Viruses
- Finding All-Hadronic Top - Again
- Cross Talk Between Hormone Receptors Has Unexpected Effects
- "I know the UK will never do this. Why not adopt, for the future, something like the electoral..."
- "Hi Richard, thanks yes I agree it goes both ways. I've just answered to the anonymous comment saying..."
- "Yes for sure, say so at the end. The rule is of course neutral both ways, and if we had this in..."
- "Good read, however as stated by the anonymous comment above it goes both ways. I myself am not..."
- "Hello Tripitaka! Nice to read you here, and thanks for your comment.I did not participate in the..."
- Chemistry Can Help Roast the Perfect Coffee Bean
- What Happens To A Soccer Player’s Brain After Missing A Penalty Kick
- It’s Back to Shots for Flu Prevention
- ACSH Applauds Media Awareness of the Fentanyl Crisis
- Counting Bites Examined, to Help Decrease Food Intake
- The Safe And Unsafe Nutty Treats For Your Pup