Put mouthwash in your mouth? Some of the ingredients you don't even want to put down your drain.
Nothing tells you what you need to know about government wishful thinking than efforts to stick flouride in everything. Sure, it fights cavities but it is also linked to cancer and neurological diseases. You'd best stay away from it until the science is more clear.
Want a simple recipe for mouthwash that won't kill fish due to alcohol content or give you brain damage?
Baking soda or sea salt
A drop of peppermint
Really, that's it.
Earthtalk: Spit Out The Mouthwash by Roddy Scheer and Doug Moss, The Daily Mamaroneck
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Sexual Fantasies: Threesomes Are Normal, Golden Showers Not So Much
- Ghost Light From Dead Galaxies - A Hubble Halloween
- US Wildlife Bans On GMOs And Neonics Lack Transparency And Scientific Rationale
- Does Max Tegmark Kill A Daughter In A Parallel World ?
- The Way Architecture Imitates Life, Biology Meets Geometry
- Mediterranean Diet Linked To Better Kidney Health
- Greenpeace Says Its GMOs Are Better Than Science's GMOs, Still Hates Golden Rice
- "Verduyn is right on the money when he says it's not the emotion of sadness itself that's inherently..."
- "A very astute observation, given that they're both, in essence, electrical phenomena...."
- "A growing population is a huge problem because we take for granted the innovations that have..."
- " Well, perhaps, my inference and reply is faulty, but you do say Tolle basically claims his way..."
- "I'm flattered you think I wrote this. Jon will be less pleased...."
- Why support erodes for GMO labeling (Hint: It’s not because of spending by Big Ag)
- Genetic “hall of mirrors” with large palindromes, yet smaller: What’s mighty about the mouse
- Gut bacteria an easy scapegoat for disease, but connections hard to prove
- Vermont Rube Goldberg-like GMO labeling law exempts GMO filled natural supplements
- Downside to GMOs: Yields have become so good, they exceed processing capacity
- Anti-GMO bungle: Claim GM genes pass from food into blood collapses
- NASA sees remnants of Nilofar go to cyclone graveyard
- Proton therapy shown to be less costly than some alternative radiotherapy techniques
- Green spaces don't ensure biodiversity in urban areas
- Improved mouse model will accelerate research on potential Ebola vaccines, treatments
- Captive rhinos exposed to urban rumbles