Put mouthwash in your mouth? Some of the ingredients you don't even want to put down your drain.
Nothing tells you what you need to know about government wishful thinking than efforts to stick flouride in everything. Sure, it fights cavities but it is also linked to cancer and neurological diseases. You'd best stay away from it until the science is more clear.
Want a simple recipe for mouthwash that won't kill fish due to alcohol content or give you brain damage?
Baking soda or sea salt
A drop of peppermint
Really, that's it.
Earthtalk: Spit Out The Mouthwash by Roddy Scheer and Doug Moss, The Daily Mamaroneck
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Case For Moon: Humanity's Gateway To Solar System Exploration, Open Ended, Planetary Protection At Its Heart
- Anti-Science Beliefs On GMOs May Be Due To Knowledge Gap
- Prohibition 2016: Assessing The UK's Psychoactive Substances Act
- Mindfulness Is Not A Waste Of Time
- Silencing Cholera's Social Media
- 3 Reasons EPA Sided With Environmentalists Over Science On Methane
- Low Hormone Levels Linked To Obesity In Teens
- "You might be worrying about the wrong problem. Do you know any smart, highly educated people who..."
- "What could be more unscientific than denying people the right to know which ingredients in their..."
- "The good that Trump already does that is good for science is that he widens the PC-strangled overtone..."
- "Kites ad planes Balloons aren't the only way to stay aloft on Venus. Given the constant high wins..."
- "Correction, I say that 20 kg of algae solution was needed per person to provide all the oxygen..."
- Our Audience Is Up 700% – And Anti-Science Groups Are Going Nuts
- Tiny Vampires of the Ancient Seas
- Incentivizing Antibiotic Research
- Party Drug for Post-Surgical Pain Prevention
- Hey De Blasio-Get Off Your Sodium Podium!
- The Name Game: How Unethical Environmental Groups and Toxic Fanatics Scare You With Words
- Wind turbines on Galapagos replace millions of liters of diesel since 2007, meet 30 percent of energy needs
- Study shows patients require less painkilling medication after breast-cancer surgery if they have opiate-free anesthesia
- Quiet please in the intensive care unit!
- Premature babies may grow up to have weaker bones
- 90-90-90 HIV initiative would yield 'extraordinary returns' in South Africa