Put mouthwash in your mouth? Some of the ingredients you don't even want to put down your drain.
Nothing tells you what you need to know about government wishful thinking than efforts to stick flouride in everything. Sure, it fights cavities but it is also linked to cancer and neurological diseases. You'd best stay away from it until the science is more clear.
Want a simple recipe for mouthwash that won't kill fish due to alcohol content or give you brain damage?
Baking soda or sea salt
A drop of peppermint
Really, that's it.
Earthtalk: Spit Out The Mouthwash by Roddy Scheer and Doug Moss, The Daily Mamaroneck
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Kudos To "The Independent" Newspaper For Debunking Nibiru "Blood Moon" Hoax
- USDA Microbiologist Warns Bacteria In Vaping Products May Be A Health Concern
- Your Microbiome Did Not Cause Your Weight Problem
- Control Cancer By Making The Tumor Cell Environment Hostile
- A Great Blitz Game
- Gödel,Frenkel, Kurzweil, and Hawkins on AI
- Beekeeping Fad And The Stress Of Traveling Is Harmful To Bees
- "I dont know much about this topic, however, I am certain of what I saw yesterday at sunset and..."
- "Maybe when it actually IS a fact? Because as it stands, all I see is the same nonsense you crackpots..."
- "yeah people would love wood windows rather then glass window...."
- "Airlines are shit nowadays...."
- ":). No need to hope. You can check for yourself. Try the first thing I suggested, which is dead..."
- Breast Cancer: Genomics May Show Where Chemo Might Not Be Needed
- Gallup Poll: Great Example of How to Bias a Social Science Study
- Another Kardashian Craze Debunked
- Fad Friday: Ditch The Body Wrap!
- Commonly Cited Stat of 10 Bacteria for Every 1 Human Cell Is Wrong
- Why The EpiPen And Other Generic Drugs Are So Expensive
- Activity tracker uses heart rate to personalize amount of exercise needed to prevent death
- Moderate physical activity linked with 50 percent reduction in cardiovascular death in over-65s
- 20 cent school intervention stops unhealthy weight gain in children
- Low socioeconomic status associated with higher risk of second heart attack or stroke
- Smartphone detects atrial fibrillation with existing hardware