Put mouthwash in your mouth? Some of the ingredients you don't even want to put down your drain.
Nothing tells you what you need to know about government wishful thinking than efforts to stick flouride in everything. Sure, it fights cavities but it is also linked to cancer and neurological diseases. You'd best stay away from it until the science is more clear.
Want a simple recipe for mouthwash that won't kill fish due to alcohol content or give you brain damage?
Baking soda or sea salt
A drop of peppermint
Really, that's it.
Earthtalk: Spit Out The Mouthwash by Roddy Scheer and Doug Moss, The Daily Mamaroneck
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Part I: Bee Deaths Mystery Solved? Neonicotinoids (Neonics) May Actually Help Bee Health
- Bitcoin And Anonymity: User's Identity Can Be Revealed Much Easier Than Thought
- Part II: Bee Deaths And CCD - Flawed Chensheng Lu Harvard Studies Endanger Bees
- Volunteer-Based Peer Review: A Success
- Violence, Sex And Taboo: The Original Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales Back In Print
- Not Neonics: Parasites Are Bad For Honey Bees
- Diversity Fatigue: Why Businesses Struggle To Close The Gender Gap
- "French and American studies indicate that traces of neonicotinoids make bees more susceptible to..."
- "Hi Vladimir,thanks - I was unaware of that. Looks like a very good idea!Cheers,T...."
- "Answer: yes. Read the papers...."
- "Tommaso, there is a Review section here http://www.physicsoverflow.org/activity/refereeingI do..."
- "im sorry but this article is junk. i have worked in land care and environment for over 20 years..."