If you haven't seen the movie "Up", you should. It's a cartoon but it tells a more authentic love story in a three-minute montage than every Katherine Heigl movie combined.
And it has inspired a 2,500 mile trip for Jonathan Trappe. The only thing keeping him up? 365 helium balloons.
Balloonists have wanted to cross the Atlantic for decades but there is a 'demon in the air' and five have died while no one succeeded. Trappe got attention flying across the English Channel so he is crowd-sourcing the funding for this new, much more expensive endeavor. He also expects to set an altitude record in the process - 25,000 feet up.
'Up' adventurer plans flight across Atlantic with 365 balloons - Telegraph
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Mystery Of Morgellons - Disease Or Delusion - Scientific Hypothesis Of Connection With Lyme Disease
- Highest Energy Collisions ? Not In My Book
- Environmentalism Win: DuPont Pioneer Creates Unemployed People In Kaua'i
- Include Men In Osteoporosis Screening Guidelines
- Bang !! 13 TeV - The Highest Energy Ever Achieved By Mankind ?!
- Risk Management Turned Upside Down
- EU Grants Submitted And Won: Some Statistics
- "Your understanding overwhelms me. Yes, I would like anyone and everyone to truly feel the horror..."
- "Thanks for sharing Marcelle. It sounds awful, and while researching this I found many stories of..."
- "Yes, obviously BDD is not Morgellons, apart from anything else it is a disease of feet, mainly..."
- "Thankyou also. Yes I feel that I just reviewed the facts, from an uninvolved scientific background..."
- "I have been suffering for four years. It has been an agonizing, moment by moment of horrors. I..."
- Vaccines developed for H5N1, H7N9 avian influenza strains
- European Medicines Agency recommends full approval of ibrutinib to treat Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia
- In Northern Ireland, sectarianism has become sextarianism
- RegeneRx Phase II Dry Eye Trial results
- How schizophrenia risk gene DISC1 affects the brain