If you haven't seen the movie "Up", you should. It's a cartoon but it tells a more authentic love story in a three-minute montage than every Katherine Heigl movie combined.
And it has inspired a 2,500 mile trip for Jonathan Trappe. The only thing keeping him up? 365 helium balloons.
Balloonists have wanted to cross the Atlantic for decades but there is a 'demon in the air' and five have died while no one succeeded. Trappe got attention flying across the English Channel so he is crowd-sourcing the funding for this new, much more expensive endeavor. He also expects to set an altitude record in the process - 25,000 feet up.
'Up' adventurer plans flight across Atlantic with 365 balloons - Telegraph
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- On Sexuality, You Weren't Born That Way, Says Paper
- Bubble-wrapped Sponge Creates Steam Using Sunlight
- Anomaly!: Book News And A Clip
- Reframing Body Weight As Baby Weight May Help Women Handle Pregnancy
- Petition: Let's End Dramatized Reporting Of "Doomsday" Stories - The Vulnerable Get Suicidal
- Post-Doctoral Positions In Experimental Physics For Foreigners
- Stem Cell Therapy Heals Injured Mouse Brain
- "i've often wondered https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_sink ..."
- "Dylan, yes back online now. The Sun, and Moon are visible in all those places, of course, so if..."
- "Tina, I think it's best to try to understand the constellation argument because then you can just..."
- "People worry about a system entering ours and spelling doomsday for us all, however I believe if..."
- " I appreciate your hard work and look forward to any future publications with great interest, thank..."
- If Facebook Is Guessing Your Politics, You’re Probably Safe From Being Pigeon-Holed
- Pregnancy-Related Deaths Rising, But Why?
- Fauci: Don’t Make Policy Based on Animal Studies
- Exercise Could Save Your Liver
- Precision Medicine Stands On Imprecise Infrastructure
- Standing with Giants: A Collection of Public Health Essays in Memoriam to Dr. Elizabeth M. Whelan
- New small molecule compounds could treat Ebola virus infection
- Heroic firefighter who underwent most extensive face transplant is thriving
- Progress in vaccination against vespid venom
- Molecular signature shows plants are adapting to increasing atmospheric CO2
- Modelling water uptake in wood opens up new design framework