It may seem silly to have to say this, but in a culture where science and politics are often mish-mashed, climatologists and meteorologists are noting that the recent devastating tornadoes were not caused or aggravated by global warming.
Hey, if you saw an "Inconvenient Truth" and images of Hurricane Katrina, making it look like global warming was to blame for the destruction, you can understand why scientists are in the uncomfortable position of having to deny things no one has yet asked about.
The tornadoes killed 250 people, the worst weather disaster in years, so it's getting a lot of attention. But "Tornado Alley" alley is not new and it's nothing to do with CO2 increases since 1990, despite what environmental group marketing campaigns may soon allege. Experts had predicted there would be more tornadoes this year as part of the natural cycle.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Life After The 125 GeV Higgs: What Is Left Of Two-Higgs Doublet Models
- Keytruda: FDA Approves Melanoma Drug That Uses Immune System To Fight Cancer
- This Type Of Baldness By Age 45 Linked To More Aggressive Prostate Cancer
- Meet Graphene's Sexy New Cousin Germanene
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells Reset To Pristine State
- No books for you! City Colleges of Chicago Students.
- It's Almost 2015 - So Where Is My Hoverboard?
- "It' gets better. I am on a break from a math course at College of DuPage. All my students..."
- "dog is man's best friend and if you are looking for pet medication there are many websites on the..."
- "You lot here on sciency 2.0 have published a piece that ultimately cites the same sources as does..."
- "While With an online books store one would think it's just a matter of telling the publisher hey..."
- "Hontas:As a side (forked) issue:* You don't actually think that the Hilbert space of QED..."
- Study shows consumption of high-fat dairy products is associated with a lower risk of developing diabetes
- Study adds to cancer-fighting promise of combined immunotherapy-radiation treatment
- EEG study findings reveal how fear is processed in the brain
- Smithsonian scientists discover tropical tree microbiome in Panama
- Scientists discover RNA modifications in some unexpected places