It may seem silly to have to say this, but in a culture where science and politics are often mish-mashed, climatologists and meteorologists are noting that the recent devastating tornadoes were not caused or aggravated by global warming.
Hey, if you saw an "Inconvenient Truth" and images of Hurricane Katrina, making it look like global warming was to blame for the destruction, you can understand why scientists are in the uncomfortable position of having to deny things no one has yet asked about.
The tornadoes killed 250 people, the worst weather disaster in years, so it's getting a lot of attention. But "Tornado Alley" alley is not new and it's nothing to do with CO2 increases since 1990, despite what environmental group marketing campaigns may soon allege. Experts had predicted there would be more tornadoes this year as part of the natural cycle.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Erupting Bardarbunga Volcano In Iceland Sits On A Massive Magma Hot Spot
- New Tractor Beam Can Repel And Attract
- Home, Workplace, Tomb – Fury And The Reality Of The World War II Tank
- No Light Dark Matter In ATLAS Search
- Climate Change Caused By The Ocean
- In Overweight Kids, There Are Mistaken Asthma Symptoms - And Overuse Of Medication
- The Optimism Of Depressed People
- "Well stated dersu. I add that the big problem is we still don't have a working model of the brain..."
- "Underage drinking is declining in the US - has been for about a decade. Don't easily available..."
- "A lower range of likely values for climate sensitivity, a larger role from the oceans, if..."
- "But do you understand that these futuristic machines may also be used to study the property of..."
- "Both in this article and the press release from ASU Biodesign are carefully worded allusion to..."
- How to sell a toxic pesticide the smart way–call it organic
- Leftist dystopia? Anti-technology fever animates opposition to GMOs and other ‘disruptive’ technologies
- CDC faced a nearly impossible balancing act with Ebola, and failed
- Why Chobani reversed course, making yoghurt only from milk from cows not fed GMO grain
- Monterey, California, hotbed of anti-GMO activism, home to new GMO corn farm
- Evolution is sometimes messy or even outright ridiculous