It may seem silly to have to say this, but in a culture where science and politics are often mish-mashed, climatologists and meteorologists are noting that the recent devastating tornadoes were not caused or aggravated by global warming.
Hey, if you saw an "Inconvenient Truth" and images of Hurricane Katrina, making it look like global warming was to blame for the destruction, you can understand why scientists are in the uncomfortable position of having to deny things no one has yet asked about.
The tornadoes killed 250 people, the worst weather disaster in years, so it's getting a lot of attention. But "Tornado Alley" alley is not new and it's nothing to do with CO2 increases since 1990, despite what environmental group marketing campaigns may soon allege. Experts had predicted there would be more tornadoes this year as part of the natural cycle.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Supersonic Laser-Propelled Aircraft Get A Step Closer
- Reduce Prostate Cancer Risk By Sleeping With Lots Of Women - But Not Men
- Homo Floresiensis: Hobbit Species Continues To Provoke Questions About Human Evolution
- Greenpeace Says Its GMOs Are Better Than Science's GMOs, Still Hates Golden Rice
- Okay With Disgusting Images? You Vote This Way 95 Percent Of The Time
- This Mid-Term Election Can Have Evolutionary Consequences
- 4 Things Needed To Make The Perfect Cup Of Coffee
- "Save Lives With Golden Rice..."
- "From Der_Wanderer The common ground of theist and atheist is that both are believers . That is..."
- "The common ground of theist and atheist is that both are believers . That is both from a high level..."
- "I ought to say just that its marvelous! how to buy twitter retweets..."
- "Anybody who is familiar with the worlds most famous abduction case, the Barney and Betty Hill abduction..."
- What’s so “natural” about “natural crop breeding”?
- Think you’ve got cancer? Google it!
- Mars bars for brain health? Not so fast
- Scientists rebuff Center for Food Safety report alleging chemicals in infant soy milk
- When you take your drugs might matter as much as what you’re taking
- Two Oregon papers join most others in urging “no” on mandatory GMO label vote
- Air quality and unconventional oil and gas sites
- Frailty increases kidney transplant recipients' risk of dying prematurely
- Cochrane news: Expectant mothers with epilepsy face tough choices over their medication
- Report: 93 percent of mining, oil & gas, logging, agriculture developments involve inhabited land
- Breast and colorectal cancers remain more aggressive in children
Books By Writers Here