Hypocrisy or irony? Attorneys for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange have argued his address should not be disclosed because of privacy concern, an odd sentiment from a fellow who argues that 'there is no proof' anyone has been or could be killed because he disclosed their names in sensitive military documents regarding Iraq and Afghanistan.
It's often the case that when the situation is personal, feelings change.
District Judge Howard Riddle of the City of Westminster Magistrates' Court was having none of it, though, and Assange's mansion whereabouts were disclosed to the court.
Here is the pic from the Daily Mail:
He doesn't deserve special treatment but I doubt it would have mattered had he gotten it; I bet OpenLeaks would have disclosed his address in the interests of that open society Assange claims to want when it's not about him.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- How A Former Naturopath Can Help Unravel The Trickery of Alternative Medicine
- Swarm Bots Kill Mass Shooter
- Can A New Rule Trigger A Second EU Referendum? Petition 4 Millon Signatures, Nearly 12% Of Total Votes Cast
- Nanotech: The Most Dangerous Science Least Carefully Done
- A Billion Years Ago, What Did Earth's Ancient Magnetic Field Look Like?
- Finding All-Hadronic Top - Again
- How A Woman With Amnesia Defies Conventional Wisdom About Memory
- "Lets make something clear- most of you are arguing past each other on topics that are too broad..."
- "Hi Anlain, it explains on the page itself. It's a post vote survey - not a poll, so more accurate..."
- "If british elections and referenda are supposed to be secret ballots,how can statistics like those..."
- "If you really wanted to know the truth you could find many researched and peer reviewed articles..."
- "So how many people with HIV, HCV, Parkinson's, MS, Hansen's disease, etc etc etc are being cured..."
- DIY Biohacking: Unethical, Fringe, and Probably Necessary To Advance Science
- Summer Camp Means Fun for Kids, But Panic for Some Parents
- Swayed By Lunch Money: A Grotesque Insult to Doctors
- Sensing Too Much Zika Exposure, Golfers Continue Olympic Exodus
- Cannabis Beverages: A New Way to Get High
- Got Zika? Thank an Environmentalist
- Antidepressant does not reduce hospitalization, death for HF patients with depression
- Rehab therapy while in ICU for respiratory failure does not reduce hospital length of stay
- Lack of voluntary data sharing from industry-funded clinical trials
- New technology could deliver drugs to brain injuries
- Monkey study shows Zika infection prolonged in pregnancy