If you are an avid gamer who can't be bothered with cooking Christmas dinner, or a hipster who wants to cynically consume packaged food while watching bad movies, there is a good news.
The Christmas Tinner is 9 layers of processed food in a can, meals to cover the entire day - including breakfast, turkey and even Christmas pudding. There’s even a broccoli alternative if the sprouts are the worst thing you can find in this idea.
Kingston University third-year graphic designer Chris Godfrey processed the food and sealed it with gelatin, placing each layer in the tin one at a time. All the gamer has to do is open and eat.
Sorry, lads, girl not included. Credit: GAME. Link: Alphagalileo.org
“I tried to ensure when creating the menu that all the flavors complemented one another and it was designed so that gamers can tuck into one layer at a time, starting with breakfast and finishing off with Christmas pudding – the perfect festive meal without any of the fuss,” Godfrey said.
His concoction is being sold in the Basingstoke store of UK video game retailer GAME. It has also been featured on ITV’s This Morning, BBC Radio One, Saturday Night Live in the US as well as TV News channels on four continents.
The full menu:
Layer one – Scrambled egg and bacon
Layer two – Two mince pies
Layer three – Turkey and potatoes
Layer four – Gravy
Layer five – Bread sauce
Layer six – Cranberry sauce
Layer seven – Brussel sprouts with stuffing – or broccoli with stuffing
Layer eight – Roast carrots and parsnips
Layer nine – Christmas pudding
He came up with the concept for a 12-course feast in a can as a comment on mass consumerism (naturally) as part of his dissertation earlier this year. The original 12 course canned meal consisted of pickled kobe beef with charred strawberry and roast pork belly with celeriac to palate cleansing pear and ginger juice.
Now he is unironically counting on mass consumerism to make himself rich.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Phase-Change Materials Set New Speed Limit For Silicon
- Watching Neurons Learn: Learning New Ideas Is More Difficult
- Life After The 125 GeV Higgs: What Is Left Of Two-Higgs Doublet Models
- M60-UCD1: Tiny Galaxy, Supermassive Black Hole
- Muslim Hijab Linked To Less Negative Body Image Among Women
- Witness The Singularity AI Nanotech Co-Evolutionary Merger
- Tropical Fish Devastate Mediterranean Ecosystems
- " Quantum Mechanics (intellectual dishonesty) at its finest, a never ending logical fallacy of moving..."
- "Please re-read the first paragraph. It's missing an ending......"
- "If being very restrained brings you to write stuff as AFAIK he has never talked about the gaps..."
- "Hi Mephisto,we do have a similar problem to the one you mention in high-energy physics - when we..."
- "Concerning his political opinions, Lubos is a deluded annoying crank, but credit has to be given..."
- Gibbon genome sequence deepens understanding of primates rapid chromosomal rearrangements
- Combining antibodies, iron nanoparticles and magnets steers stem cells to injured organs
- Messier 54 lithium: This star cluster is not what it seems
- Sharks more abundant on healthy coral reefs
- Using plants to produce enzyme may provide treatment for high blood pressure in lungs