If you are an avid gamer who can't be bothered with cooking Christmas dinner, or a hipster who wants to cynically consume packaged food while watching bad movies, there is a good news.
The Christmas Tinner is 9 layers of processed food in a can, meals to cover the entire day - including breakfast, turkey and even Christmas pudding. There’s even a broccoli alternative if the sprouts are the worst thing you can find in this idea.
Kingston University third-year graphic designer Chris Godfrey processed the food and sealed it with gelatin, placing each layer in the tin one at a time. All the gamer has to do is open and eat.
Sorry, lads, girl not included. Credit: GAME. Link: Alphagalileo.org
“I tried to ensure when creating the menu that all the flavors complemented one another and it was designed so that gamers can tuck into one layer at a time, starting with breakfast and finishing off with Christmas pudding – the perfect festive meal without any of the fuss,” Godfrey said.
His concoction is being sold in the Basingstoke store of UK video game retailer GAME. It has also been featured on ITV’s This Morning, BBC Radio One, Saturday Night Live in the US as well as TV News channels on four continents.
The full menu:
Layer one – Scrambled egg and bacon
Layer two – Two mince pies
Layer three – Turkey and potatoes
Layer four – Gravy
Layer five – Bread sauce
Layer six – Cranberry sauce
Layer seven – Brussel sprouts with stuffing – or broccoli with stuffing
Layer eight – Roast carrots and parsnips
Layer nine – Christmas pudding
He came up with the concept for a 12-course feast in a can as a comment on mass consumerism (naturally) as part of his dissertation earlier this year. The original 12 course canned meal consisted of pickled kobe beef with charred strawberry and roast pork belly with celeriac to palate cleansing pear and ginger juice.
Now he is unironically counting on mass consumerism to make himself rich.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Muslim Hijab Linked To Less Negative Body Image Among Women
- Bariatric Surgery Is Booming - Is It Needed?
- Does Dr. Oz Think I'm An Idiot?
- Mutating Ebola Viruses Not As Scary As Evolving Ones
- All Living Creatures Need Vitamin Thiamine To Live - Except This One
- Neil Tyson On The Politics Of Science Denial
- Medical Marijuana Linked To Fewer Opioid Overdose Deaths
- "Not sure what the point of this study was. A parallel to this study would be one that states that..."
- "The supplements industry is mostly harmless. We can't say the same about our imperfect medical..."
- "Actually there is harm from the supplement industry. It comes from people not seeking medical help..."
- "Alex-i could argue that Oz, Povich, Springer and the idiots on The View all belong in the same..."
- "I have no obsession with Oz. What I do have is an absolute disdain for the supplements industry..."
- Protein in plasma may one day change transfusions
- Maternal low protein diet promotes diabetic phenotypes in offspring
- Study indicates that the hippocampus mediates cognitive decline in Huntington's disease
- Discharged patients return to the ER because 'better safe than sorry'
- NASA satellites calling here you come again, Tropical Storm Dolly