If you are an avid gamer who can't be bothered with cooking Christmas dinner, or a hipster who wants to cynically consume packaged food while watching bad movies, there is a good news.
The Christmas Tinner is 9 layers of processed food in a can, meals to cover the entire day - including breakfast, turkey and even Christmas pudding. There’s even a broccoli alternative if the sprouts are the worst thing you can find in this idea.
Kingston University third-year graphic designer Chris Godfrey processed the food and sealed it with gelatin, placing each layer in the tin one at a time. All the gamer has to do is open and eat.
Sorry, lads, girl not included. Credit: GAME. Link: Alphagalileo.org
“I tried to ensure when creating the menu that all the flavors complemented one another and it was designed so that gamers can tuck into one layer at a time, starting with breakfast and finishing off with Christmas pudding – the perfect festive meal without any of the fuss,” Godfrey said.
His concoction is being sold in the Basingstoke store of UK video game retailer GAME. It has also been featured on ITV’s This Morning, BBC Radio One, Saturday Night Live in the US as well as TV News channels on four continents.
The full menu:
Layer one – Scrambled egg and bacon
Layer two – Two mince pies
Layer three – Turkey and potatoes
Layer four – Gravy
Layer five – Bread sauce
Layer six – Cranberry sauce
Layer seven – Brussel sprouts with stuffing – or broccoli with stuffing
Layer eight – Roast carrots and parsnips
Layer nine – Christmas pudding
He came up with the concept for a 12-course feast in a can as a comment on mass consumerism (naturally) as part of his dissertation earlier this year. The original 12 course canned meal consisted of pickled kobe beef with charred strawberry and roast pork belly with celeriac to palate cleansing pear and ginger juice.
Now he is unironically counting on mass consumerism to make himself rich.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- BPA-Free, With Regrets
- Why Do Spacecraft Like ESA's Schiaperelli Crash On Mars So Easily?
- A Dimuon Particle At 30 GeV In ALEPH ??
- New President - Pivot To Moon On Way To Mars? Lunar Spelunking & Science Surprises
- Biofuels Are A Climate Mistake
- President Obama, Why Humans On Mars Right Now Are Bad For Science
- Who Is Trying To Destroy The Internet?
- "Thats not one to worry about alejandro nibiru is the one to be worried about very very worried about..."
- "Found another dumb news: http://www.inquisitr.com/3653136/end-of-the-world-coming-on-halloween..."
- "For years I've been telling a friend of mine who is diabetic to stop drinking diet soda. He starts..."
- "Instead of the original article - the comments of Chandra Kant Raju are here..."
- "Good points indeed. But I think what the ESA did this time is unusual, so unusual, I don't think..."
- Pollution Is Many Things - Expensive Is Not One Of Them
- Necrotizing Fasciitis: A Profound Mystery in Medical Microbiology
- Early Math Classes Biased Against Girls, Affecting Career Choices, Study Finds
- Sucralose Study Ripe for Scare-Mongering
- Is Modern Feminism Incompatible with Science?
- When All Else Fails, Bribing Kids to Eat Better