If you are an avid gamer who can't be bothered with cooking Christmas dinner, or a hipster who wants to cynically consume packaged food while watching bad movies, there is a good news.
The Christmas Tinner is 9 layers of processed food in a can, meals to cover the entire day - including breakfast, turkey and even Christmas pudding. There’s even a broccoli alternative if the sprouts are the worst thing you can find in this idea.
Kingston University third-year graphic designer Chris Godfrey processed the food and sealed it with gelatin, placing each layer in the tin one at a time. All the gamer has to do is open and eat.
Sorry, lads, girl not included. Credit: GAME. Link: Alphagalileo.org
“I tried to ensure when creating the menu that all the flavors complemented one another and it was designed so that gamers can tuck into one layer at a time, starting with breakfast and finishing off with Christmas pudding – the perfect festive meal without any of the fuss,” Godfrey said.
His concoction is being sold in the Basingstoke store of UK video game retailer GAME. It has also been featured on ITV’s This Morning, BBC Radio One, Saturday Night Live in the US as well as TV News channels on four continents.
The full menu:
Layer one – Scrambled egg and bacon
Layer two – Two mince pies
Layer three – Turkey and potatoes
Layer four – Gravy
Layer five – Bread sauce
Layer six – Cranberry sauce
Layer seven – Brussel sprouts with stuffing – or broccoli with stuffing
Layer eight – Roast carrots and parsnips
Layer nine – Christmas pudding
He came up with the concept for a 12-course feast in a can as a comment on mass consumerism (naturally) as part of his dissertation earlier this year. The original 12 course canned meal consisted of pickled kobe beef with charred strawberry and roast pork belly with celeriac to palate cleansing pear and ginger juice.
Now he is unironically counting on mass consumerism to make himself rich.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Is That A Real Patient Or A Junkie? Now There's An App For That
- How Wild Rabbits Genetically Became Tame Ones
- Coastal Regions Need To Worry About Non-Climate Change Sea Level Rise Now
- Junk Food Rats Ditch Balanced Diet To Eat Just Like Obese People
- Will We Meet ET Microbes On Mars? Why We Should Care Deeply About Them - Like Tigers
- Anger Face Is Universal, And It Evolved Because Of Psychology
- Meet BPA-Free, The New BPA
- "from TOLSTOY AND THE CULT OF SIMPLICITY..."
- "If we don't have animal studies, we are left with anecdotes as evidence. I agree organic foods..."
- "Am I the only one who is concerned about the usage of the animals for such experiments? I'm really..."
- "No Hank, You put words in my mouth. The environment of domestication that the rabbit was thrust..."
- Medication shows mixed results in reducing complications from cardiac surgery
- Transvenous lead extraction clinically successful in 98 percent of cases
- First multidisciplinary recommendations on management of arrhythmias in ACS patients
- First expert consensus on ventricular arrhythmias published
- First comprehensive ESC Guidelines on aortic diseases published