If you are an avid gamer who can't be bothered with cooking Christmas dinner, or a hipster who wants to cynically consume packaged food while watching bad movies, there is a good news.
The Christmas Tinner is 9 layers of processed food in a can, meals to cover the entire day - including breakfast, turkey and even Christmas pudding. There’s even a broccoli alternative if the sprouts are the worst thing you can find in this idea.
Kingston University third-year graphic designer Chris Godfrey processed the food and sealed it with gelatin, placing each layer in the tin one at a time. All the gamer has to do is open and eat.
Sorry, lads, girl not included. Credit: GAME. Link: Alphagalileo.org
“I tried to ensure when creating the menu that all the flavors complemented one another and it was designed so that gamers can tuck into one layer at a time, starting with breakfast and finishing off with Christmas pudding – the perfect festive meal without any of the fuss,” Godfrey said.
His concoction is being sold in the Basingstoke store of UK video game retailer GAME. It has also been featured on ITV’s This Morning, BBC Radio One, Saturday Night Live in the US as well as TV News channels on four continents.
The full menu:
Layer one – Scrambled egg and bacon
Layer two – Two mince pies
Layer three – Turkey and potatoes
Layer four – Gravy
Layer five – Bread sauce
Layer six – Cranberry sauce
Layer seven – Brussel sprouts with stuffing – or broccoli with stuffing
Layer eight – Roast carrots and parsnips
Layer nine – Christmas pudding
He came up with the concept for a 12-course feast in a can as a comment on mass consumerism (naturally) as part of his dissertation earlier this year. The original 12 course canned meal consisted of pickled kobe beef with charred strawberry and roast pork belly with celeriac to palate cleansing pear and ginger juice.
Now he is unironically counting on mass consumerism to make himself rich.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Cool, Dim Dwarf Star Is Magnetic Powerhouse
- Our Ethical Responsibilities To Baby Terraformed Worlds - Like Parents
- Patient Deaths Do Not Increase During Doctor Strikes
- Discovery Could Open Door To Frozen Preservation Of Tissues, Whole Organs
- New Gene Map Reveals Cancer's Achilles Heel
- Pigeons Must Feel The Need For Speed If They Want To Lead
- Smoking In China: Lacking In Effective Cigarette Cessation
- "And if you watch the video, that turkey is 225 lbs!..."
- "Oh not at all, thanks for asking. Ask away, if you have any other questions, delighted to help..."
- "thank u mr walker its nice to talk to someone with some knowledge hope I'm not getting on your..."
- "Yes it's amazing how bright it gets, especially Venus. It is about at its brightest around now..."
- "no ive got no binoculars wish I had now I was amazed wen I seen it this morning it was just so..."
- Study shows white matter damage caused by 'skunk-like' cannabis
- Cognitive behavior therapy can help overcome fear of the dentist
- Don't forget plankton in climate change models, says study
- Graphene microphone outperforms traditional nickel and offers ultrasonic reach
- New metric mapping top 10 European heat waves predicts strong increase in next 2 decades