Shaving facial hair, bikini line, legs and armpits can cause wounds, which are an ideal setting for Staphylococcus aureus bacteria to cause infections. This 'shaving irritation' is characterized by redness, pimples, shaving bumps and an itching and burning sensation.
Antibiotics and traditional anti-bacterial products do not distinguish between good and bad bacteria but a healthy bacterial population is important. Dutch market research panel 'hettestpanel.nl' tested Gladskin Skin Irritation on a large group of men and women suffering from skin irritation after shaving and it received an 80% score on efficacy and 91% on user satisfaction.
Gladskin Skin Irritation targets only Staphylococcus aureus because shaving irritation is almost always caused by this bacterial species, the study authors say. It is also practically unavoidable. Dutch biotechnology company firm Micreos says Gladskin kills only Staphylococcus aureus yet leaves good bacteria intact. Gladskin is a Micreos Human Health brand focusing on the development of hypoallergenic products for skin problems with an infectious component and Micreos is a Dutch biotechnology company with research and production centres in Wageningen and Bilthoven, and headquarters in The Hague. The company collaborates with numerous institutes and universities, including the Swiss Federal Technology Institute in Zurich, Erasmus Medical Centre in Rotterdam, the University Medical Centre Utrecht and TNO.
Presented at the recent European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases in Barcelona.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Part I: Bee Deaths Mystery Solved? Neonicotinoids (Neonics) May Actually Help Bee Health
- Smoking, Drinking And Eating: It's Not About Your Freedom
- Big Data Engineering - Now With More Neuroscience
- Part II: Bee Deaths And CCD - Flawed Chensheng Lu Harvard Studies Endanger Bees
- Coffee Lowers Risk Of Alzheimer's Up To 20 Percent
- Like Collaboration And Intelligence In Humans? Thank War
- Diversity Fatigue: Why Businesses Struggle To Close The Gender Gap
- "Steve, just to respond to your last point. There are two resources that do just what you suggest..."
- "many will say - oh g-o-d, not that again - does not change the fact that social engineering via..."
- "No intelligent person believes tobacco controls' santimonious twaddle anymore. This is the purvey..."
- "A note from THE SIN OF PROHIBITION by G.K.Chesterton:So if you wish to change corporate behaviour..."
- "How can diseases linked to smoking tobacco be on the rise when the smoking rate has been consistently..."
- A billion holes can make a battery
- Behavioral interventions to prevent progression to diabetes equally effective in men and women
- Gender differences in adaptation to space flight
- Long-term complication rate low in nose job using patient's own rib cartilage
- Survival differences seen for advanced-stage laryngeal cancer