Shaving facial hair, bikini line, legs and armpits can cause wounds, which are an ideal setting for Staphylococcus aureus bacteria to cause infections. This 'shaving irritation' is characterized by redness, pimples, shaving bumps and an itching and burning sensation.
Antibiotics and traditional anti-bacterial products do not distinguish between good and bad bacteria but a healthy bacterial population is important. Dutch market research panel 'hettestpanel.nl' tested Gladskin Skin Irritation on a large group of men and women suffering from skin irritation after shaving and it received an 80% score on efficacy and 91% on user satisfaction.
Gladskin Skin Irritation targets only Staphylococcus aureus because shaving irritation is almost always caused by this bacterial species, the study authors say. It is also practically unavoidable. Dutch biotechnology company firm Micreos says Gladskin kills only Staphylococcus aureus yet leaves good bacteria intact. Gladskin is a Micreos Human Health brand focusing on the development of hypoallergenic products for skin problems with an infectious component and Micreos is a Dutch biotechnology company with research and production centres in Wageningen and Bilthoven, and headquarters in The Hague. The company collaborates with numerous institutes and universities, including the Swiss Federal Technology Institute in Zurich, Erasmus Medical Centre in Rotterdam, the University Medical Centre Utrecht and TNO.
Presented at the recent European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases in Barcelona.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- The Serious Physics Of Super Balls
- Mystery Of Morgellons - Disease Or Delusion - Scientific Hypothesis Of Connection With Lyme Disease
- Numenta And IBM To Build Biologically Inspired Intelligent Machines.
- Traditional Medicine: Thunder God Vine As Potential Obesity Treatment
- Grading The President's Strategy To Promote Bee Health
- "Boys With Toys" - Was It Sexist?
- Enjoy Sugar Again: High Carb Diet On Par With Caloric Restriction In Boosting Health
- "Yes for sure. I'm at firstname.lastname@example.org. It's on loads of websites as that's my support..."
- "Good points, yes I think that's the way of it. I know it's rather long, some of the wikipedia articles..."
- "Well. This doesn't translate straightforwardly, given that to my knowledge Rats' natural composition..."
- "I know Shri very well. I have heard him address an audience in a physics department and ask the..."
- "But it's bordering on, if not way past the limit of reasonable plausibility. I don't dismiss it..."
- How we make emotional decisions
- Racial Socialization May Help Minority Children Succeed in School
- Component in green tea may help reduce prostate cancer in men at high risk
- In battle of the sexes, a single night with a New York male is enough to kill
- Vulnerability found in some drug-resistant bacteria