Shaving facial hair, bikini line, legs and armpits can cause wounds, which are an ideal setting for Staphylococcus aureus bacteria to cause infections. This 'shaving irritation' is characterized by redness, pimples, shaving bumps and an itching and burning sensation.
Antibiotics and traditional anti-bacterial products do not distinguish between good and bad bacteria but a healthy bacterial population is important. Dutch market research panel 'hettestpanel.nl' tested Gladskin Skin Irritation on a large group of men and women suffering from skin irritation after shaving and it received an 80% score on efficacy and 91% on user satisfaction.
Gladskin Skin Irritation targets only Staphylococcus aureus because shaving irritation is almost always caused by this bacterial species, the study authors say. It is also practically unavoidable. Dutch biotechnology company firm Micreos says Gladskin kills only Staphylococcus aureus yet leaves good bacteria intact. Gladskin is a Micreos Human Health brand focusing on the development of hypoallergenic products for skin problems with an infectious component and Micreos is a Dutch biotechnology company with research and production centres in Wageningen and Bilthoven, and headquarters in The Hague. The company collaborates with numerous institutes and universities, including the Swiss Federal Technology Institute in Zurich, Erasmus Medical Centre in Rotterdam, the University Medical Centre Utrecht and TNO.
Presented at the recent European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases in Barcelona.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Vitamin D Could Help Control TB In Animals
- How Would You Like A Kitchen Surface That Cleans Itself?
- The Social Psychology of Presidential Election Polls, Part 1 of 2
- Wait, Let's Not Rush To Be Multiplanetary Or Interstellar - A Comment On Elon Musk's Vision
- Brown Adipose Tissue Can Secrete Factors That Activate Fat And Carbohydrate Metabolism
- Wetlands And Agriculture, Not Fossil Fuels, Behind The Global Rise In Methane
- Mass Immigration Is Correlated To Higher Levels Of Crime, But Not Causal
- "No, no cause for concern at all :). It's just a new moon, such as happens once a month. When the..."
- "Nice quote! I googled around for this a bit more and stumbled on a graph that showed earth's energy..."
- "hey robert you ta knowing that tomorrow will be a phenomenon on the moon called black moon ???..."
- "Oh, that's a really interesting point, hadn't thought of that. I agree! Perhaps the most advanced..."
- "Yes that's what I'm saying :). If you want more reassurance do message me on quora, quite a few..."
- ACSH Performs #22PushUps Challenge
- American Horror Story: First Ebola, Then Zika. Is Chagas Next?
- Kratom Is A Drug By Any Measure - Treat It Like One
- San Francisco Soda Tax: A Feel-Good Policy Based on Junk Science
- Watson and Crick did not discover DNA
- Is Parenting Kids of Human and Canine Persuasion the Same? Yes!
- 51 U.S. House Members Urges DEA To Delay "Hasty" Ban On Natural Herbal Supplement Kratom
- Women are a quarter of the 1 percent
- Wetlands and agriculture, not fossil fuels, behind the global rise in methane
- Mass immigration is correlated to higher levels of crime, but not causal
- How would you like a kitchen surface that cleans itself?