As if taken by a spell, my joking claim to be on strike in the last post grew to become one of the longest streaks of absence from blogging of the last few months, for a series of irrelevant reasons tightly packed together.
In the meantime I have tried to put together an article on a recent very interesting measurement performed by the CDF collaboration: a study of very rare decays of B mesons, which can now not only determine the rate of said decays, but also have a taste at subtle kinematical effects in the distribution of the final states. The distributions are a new key to discriminate the existence of new physics in these rare processes.
Unfortunately, the piece is not ready yet, but I had decided I would post something today nonetheless, so I will give here an anticipation of tomorrow's post: the graph describing one of the main results of the CDF analysis. It is shown below.
In the graph you see... Well, what you see will only be clear to you tomorrow - or, if you are a physicist, you might enjoy getting the details yourself in the public web page of the CDF analysis!
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Thou Shalt Have One Higgs - $100 Bet Won !
- Could Astronauts In The ISS Get All Their Oxygen & Food From Algae & Plants?
- FDA Stiffs Go Soft On Pink Viagra
- Stem Cell Research Informed Consent: What To Know
- Breast Cancer Study Misunderstood By Its Authors
- The Spread Of Life Among The Stars
- A Historical Moment For Diabetes
- "this article is not being truthful!its basically saying biblical truth is fabricated!! no one will..."
- "Bottom line is any drug with fluoride in it should be black boxed and restricted to life and death..."
- "I agree. No need to bet to enjoy the race, whatever time it takes. I do hope that the LHC experimenters..."
- "LOL! I laughed so hard at this article! This was before its time- love it. I am the Celiac who..."
- "Hi Tony,let me just say that I do hope your model is correct!!!And after all we don't need to go..."
- Goth teens more vulnerable to depression and self-harm
- 15 percent of cigarettes sold in NYC have illegal tax stamps
- Humans may be harmed by endocrine disrupting chemicals released during fracking, according to review
- Infliximab biosimilar approved in Australia - lower cost is great, but questions about safety remain
- The radiationless revolution in electromagnetics