As if taken by a spell, my joking claim to be on strike in the last post grew to become one of the longest streaks of absence from blogging of the last few months, for a series of irrelevant reasons tightly packed together.
In the meantime I have tried to put together an article on a recent very interesting measurement performed by the CDF collaboration: a study of very rare decays of B mesons, which can now not only determine the rate of said decays, but also have a taste at subtle kinematical effects in the distribution of the final states. The distributions are a new key to discriminate the existence of new physics in these rare processes.
Unfortunately, the piece is not ready yet, but I had decided I would post something today nonetheless, so I will give here an anticipation of tomorrow's post: the graph describing one of the main results of the CDF analysis. It is shown below.
In the graph you see... Well, what you see will only be clear to you tomorrow - or, if you are a physicist, you might enjoy getting the details yourself in the public web page of the CDF analysis!
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Part I: Bee Deaths Mystery Solved? Neonicotinoids (Neonics) May Actually Help Bee Health
- On integrating out short-distance physics
- Is The Micropower Revolution Here?
- Chronic Pain Isn't All In The Brain
- Big Data Could Be A Big Problem For Workplace Discrimination Law
- Violence, Sex And Taboo: The Original Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales Back In Print
- Like Collaboration And Intelligence In Humans? Thank War
- "Could be, but we have continuity of the fossil record with later life forms evolving from earlier..."
- "I think they have all been corrected by now - in the next blog post there is a link to the updated..."
- "There are fews other typographical details (as the title 3.2 vs 3.3 : 5-sigma vs 5$\sigma$)...I..."
- "Yes, I agree Luigi - it was a typo, I replaced f(x)dx with f(t)dt in eq. 1Cheers,T...."
- "nice visit http://www.clubsideeffects.com..."
- Study reveals significantly increased risk of stillbirth in males
- Moderate coffee consumption may lower the risk of Alzheimer's disease by up to 20 percent
- New research supporting stroke rehabilitation
- The artificial pancreas shown to improve the treatment of type 1 diabetes
- The Lancet: Leading medical experts call for an end to UK postcode lottery for liver disease treatment and detection