As if taken by a spell, my joking claim to be on strike in the last post grew to become one of the longest streaks of absence from blogging of the last few months, for a series of irrelevant reasons tightly packed together.
In the meantime I have tried to put together an article on a recent very interesting measurement performed by the CDF collaboration: a study of very rare decays of B mesons, which can now not only determine the rate of said decays, but also have a taste at subtle kinematical effects in the distribution of the final states. The distributions are a new key to discriminate the existence of new physics in these rare processes.
Unfortunately, the piece is not ready yet, but I had decided I would post something today nonetheless, so I will give here an anticipation of tomorrow's post: the graph describing one of the main results of the CDF analysis. It is shown below.
In the graph you see... Well, what you see will only be clear to you tomorrow - or, if you are a physicist, you might enjoy getting the details yourself in the public web page of the CDF analysis!
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- #GAMERGATE Style Harassment Does Not Happen in the Male Dominated Sciences
- Climate Change: It’s Only Human To Exaggerate, But Science Itself Does Not
- From Mindless Physics To Physics Of Mind
- Should First Responders Use Acupuncture And Hypnosis During Disasters?
- 24 hours with Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 3
- How Mitochondria Began - Parasitic Coevolution Gets A New Wrinkle
- Not All Fat Is Equal: Amping Up Adenosine May Melt 'Love Handles'
- "This kind of nonsense is what I am not a fan of - unfortunately, because hypnosis works so infrequently..."
- "It's because scientists don't completely cram their lectures full of politics, blacklist people..."
- "Hank I found this link on Facebook and I see on your about me page you have written a book well..."
- "No correlation? 8 of the 10 wealthiest counties voted for the president in 2008 and 2012. And they..."
- "You think this bothers me? Both gamergate and anti-gamergate supporters are behaving in immature..."
- Natural Resources Defense Council sues EPA to block rollout of Dow Enlist Duo GMO system
- Enviros file suit to block new Dow AgroSciences GMO herbicide and seeds
- Couples can protect children from devastating mutations with new IVF methods
- Food 2.0: Will farmers be able to meet the ecological challenges ahead?
- General Mills’ Cascadian Farm launches ‘bee-friendly’ campaign, GMO critics unimpressed
- Can genes pass from genetically modified food into our blood, posing dangers?
- Viagra protects the heart beyond the bedroom
- Group B streptococcus incidence rises significantly among newborns
- Metabolic genetics research paves way to treating diabetes and obesity
- Myelin vital for learning new practical skills
- Found: 'hidden brain signatures' of consciousness in vegetative state patients