Shoot. Today I am on strike.
This morning I decided to post here an article describing the details of a new result just approved by the CMS collaboration, the observation of a nice signal of phi meson decays. It is a result of which I am quite proud, and although not really a big deal, it is a nice way to start the new year, while we wait for more data from the LHC.
I had just finished writing the 200-lines piece describing the likelihood fit to the mass distribution, when I decided to save the draft with the "publish" box unmarked, to give it a last reading before submitting it. And the crazy web interface logged me off the site instead!
I optimistically logged in again, thinking that the "autosaving" feature of the web interface must have recorded basically all of the piece. But I was in for a bad surprise: despite Hank's reassuring statements, the thing only remembers the first five lines of text!
So I am on strike today. You are still getting the plot, but I will not comment it again -I hate to do things twice! Well, I might comment on it if you insist in the thread below...
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- The Serious Physics Of Super Balls
- Mystery Of Morgellons - Disease Or Delusion - Scientific Hypothesis Of Connection With Lyme Disease
- Numenta And IBM To Build Biologically Inspired Intelligent Machines.
- Grading The President's Strategy To Promote Bee Health
- "Boys With Toys" - Was It Sexist?
- Antidepressants More Effective Than Assumed
- Traditional Medicine: Thunder God Vine As Potential Obesity Treatment
- "Well. This doesn't translate straightforwardly, given that to my knowledge Rats' natural composition..."
- "I know Shri very well. I have heard him address an audience in a physics department and ask the..."
- "But it's bordering on, if not way past the limit of reasonable plausibility. I don't dismiss it..."
- "If one is just looking for antibiotics with out doctors prescription, some over the counter antioxidant..."
- "I'm talking about google banning racist vandalism from it's websites. This is not about free..."