Please visit this site, and watch a ten seconds video which is very aggressive in its crude substance: during the time you watch it, two children die of hunger.
There are in the world today a billion human beings who have insufficient means to sustain themselves, their families, their children. This is so intolerable that we use to remove it from our brain. Can you imagine your child dying of hunger as you watch powerless ?
One, two, three, four, five. If we gave names, faces, stories to these children who die in silence while we trash half of our oversized meal, while we burn gas to get home one minute earlier, while we leave our lights on as we get out, things would be different. If we gave them a chance to tell us one word in our deaf ears, we would be forced to listen. That is why we do not. We remove it from our collective conscience, from our newspapers, from television. We pretend poverty is not there. Not just poverty: dire straits of misery, the fight for daily survival.
Count to five, and visit that site. The goal is to reach one billion clicks, to say no to hunger. Let us give strength to those who fight hunger while we hide it from our sight.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- New GHOST Technology Leaps Out Of The Screen
- True Weight Loss Is Rare
- Non-Verbal Smell Test May Be Indicator Of Autism
- Parton Distribution Functions For Run 2 At The LHC
- Genetic Testing In Kids - The Science Isn't Complicated But The Psychology Is
- AMVA4NewPhysics Logo
- Why We Still Love Alice In Wonderland
- "I don't mean to negate anyone's sense of free will. But having information about what works and..."
- "There is a lot of misinformation about electronic cigarettes circulating at the moment and I think..."
- "Hi Andrea, okay I will take your suggestions and see what happens! We can then vote some time..."
- "Oh I think it would revolutionize biology. I'm actually working on a presentation for the think..."
- "Sorry for going OT, but I like your writings so much that I think about you when I encounter other..."