You might be a crackpot if you won't drink coffee because it is bad for your health, yet you are shoving it in your rectum multiple times per day.
"My Strange Addiction" on TLC this week has a story about a Florida couple who each have at least 100 coffee enemas per month, and totaling 6,000 in the last two years.
How can they pull it off? Vacations are clearly out of the question, since it involves a 32-ounce
container full of coffee each time. Sorry, New York City residents, Mayor Bloomberg says you can't buy anything that big to put beverages in, you have to be protected from yourself - though in this instance, he would be right. Some relaxing music following by lubrication and then the whole thing is just another simple seduction.
The weirdest part? While they will administer the caffeine directly into their intestines because they like the "euphoria", they won't drink any caffeinated beverages - bad for their health, they say. The baffling part is they don't realize the caffeine is what is making them happy, not the enema. But they would be better off drinking it. Any liquid you put up there is going to make things come out but coffee that many times per day with no digestion is sure to cause some irritable bowels.
TLC's crappy website is showing errors on all its 'My Little Addiction' video clips so I can't delight you with the one of the woman who cleans her cat - with her tongue. But Good Morning America/ABC News has video of the coffee enema lady's...process. Good thing her container is not styrofoam, that would be sure to get outrage.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- The Neuroscience Reason We Fall Over When Drunk
- A physicist’s thoughts on life extension
- Warm Oceans Caused The Mega-Drought And Hottest Years In The 1934-36 Dust Bowl
- Does This Cow Really Exist?
- High School Scientist Discovers Pulsar With Widest Orbit Ever Detected
- Pancreatic Cancer Risk Linked To Lack Of Sunlight
- Stuff Worth Reading: Collider Asymmetries, Dark Photons, And Warp Drives
- "I read the linked paper as well as this article. Missing from both is the multiplier. When I was..."
- "I think the Higgs might look like a knitted pouffe. Does it fit?..."
- "The anticipated pace of Singularity, according to my Los Alamos friends in these fields, is that..."
- "Tommaso, I like reading your blog even though I am ignorant of a lot of physics. I really..."
- "I don't drink enough to fall over. Maybe you should cut back...."
- Primary care visits available to uninsured but they are paying full price
- Digoxin increases the risk of death in patients with heart problems
- Have a brain tumor? Your insurance might make a difference in your survival
- 'Fuzzy thinking' in women with depression and bipolar disorder is real
- Carrying a little extra weight decreases mortality from type 2 diabetes