You might be a crackpot if you won't drink coffee because it is bad for your health, yet you are shoving it in your rectum multiple times per day.
"My Strange Addiction" on TLC this week has a story about a Florida couple who each have at least 100 coffee enemas per month, and totaling 6,000 in the last two years.
How can they pull it off? Vacations are clearly out of the question, since it involves a 32-ounce
container full of coffee each time. Sorry, New York City residents, Mayor Bloomberg says you can't buy anything that big to put beverages in, you have to be protected from yourself - though in this instance, he would be right. Some relaxing music following by lubrication and then the whole thing is just another simple seduction.
The weirdest part? While they will administer the caffeine directly into their intestines because they like the "euphoria", they won't drink any caffeinated beverages - bad for their health, they say. The baffling part is they don't realize the caffeine is what is making them happy, not the enema. But they would be better off drinking it. Any liquid you put up there is going to make things come out but coffee that many times per day with no digestion is sure to cause some irritable bowels.
TLC's crappy website is showing errors on all its 'My Little Addiction' video clips so I can't delight you with the one of the woman who cleans her cat - with her tongue. But Good Morning America/ABC News has video of the coffee enema lady's...process. Good thing her container is not styrofoam, that would be sure to get outrage.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Unregulated Genetic Testing Websites Still Causing Concerns
- War On Doping And The Hypocritical Treatment Of Lance Armstrong
- Mindfulness Meditation May Improve Sleep Quality
- Tautological Description-Relativistic Metaphysics IS The Theory Of Everything
- What Antidepressants Do To Healthy People
- How Marijuana Use Affects People With Bipolar Disorder
- The New York Times On Drugs - Wrong, Naive Or Misleading?
- "Let me explain exactly why you or your family member reacted as they did, why the test subjects..."
- "One guy runs a red light and is stopped and confesses. One guy runs a red light and says he didn't..."
- "To the author: Before you write a story and assert that the treatment of Lance Armstrong was hypocritical..."
- "Above the author writes: Leipheimer was only banned for six months, and out of season so he did..."
- "I worked in cycling during the Armstrong period. Lance Armstrong was banned from cycling not so..."
- Antidepressants linked to improved cardiovascular outcomes
- Bee Bailout: If dollars rule the world, why shouldn't bees be too big to fail?
- Antidepressants linked with improved cardiovascular outcomes
- How healthy is genetically modified soybean oil?
- Healthier males help infertile obese females conceive