You might be a crackpot if you won't drink coffee because it is bad for your health, yet you are shoving it in your rectum multiple times per day.
"My Strange Addiction" on TLC this week has a story about a Florida couple who each have at least 100 coffee enemas per month, and totaling 6,000 in the last two years.
How can they pull it off? Vacations are clearly out of the question, since it involves a 32-ounce
container full of coffee each time. Sorry, New York City residents, Mayor Bloomberg says you can't buy anything that big to put beverages in, you have to be protected from yourself - though in this instance, he would be right. Some relaxing music following by lubrication and then the whole thing is just another simple seduction.
The weirdest part? While they will administer the caffeine directly into their intestines because they like the "euphoria", they won't drink any caffeinated beverages - bad for their health, they say. The baffling part is they don't realize the caffeine is what is making them happy, not the enema. But they would be better off drinking it. Any liquid you put up there is going to make things come out but coffee that many times per day with no digestion is sure to cause some irritable bowels.
TLC's crappy website is showing errors on all its 'My Little Addiction' video clips so I can't delight you with the one of the woman who cleans her cat - with her tongue. But Good Morning America/ABC News has video of the coffee enema lady's...process. Good thing her container is not styrofoam, that would be sure to get outrage.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Robot Tongue Identifies The Correct Beer Every Time
- Why Does The Public Worry About GM Foods But Embrace Biotech Medicine?
- Mystery Of Morgellons - Disease Or Delusion - Scientific Hypothesis Of Connection With Lyme Disease
- Did The Scottish Settle Iceland A Century Before The Norse?
- Highest Energy Collisions ? Not In My Book
- Editorial Independence Or Extortion? Frontiers Sacks 31 Editors
- Your Probiotic Probably Has Gluten
- "Hank,I am not sure if you were the reason for the PNAS thing. I remember learning about the..."
- "64. Combo of Overweight, High Sodium Intake Speeds Cell Aging in Teens. March 20th, 2014 http://blog..."
- " This pretty well destroys the Myth of second hand smoke: Lungs from pack-a-day smokers safe for..."
- "This is a good start, but describing the waste stream of nuclear power in terms of carbon production..."
- "Knowing this would a mitochondrial superoxide like MitoQ be beneficial or harmful?..."