You might be a crackpot if you won't drink coffee because it is bad for your health, yet you are shoving it in your rectum multiple times per day.
"My Strange Addiction" on TLC this week has a story about a Florida couple who each have at least 100 coffee enemas per month, and totaling 6,000 in the last two years.
How can they pull it off? Vacations are clearly out of the question, since it involves a 32-ounce
container full of coffee each time. Sorry, New York City residents, Mayor Bloomberg says you can't buy anything that big to put beverages in, you have to be protected from yourself - though in this instance, he would be right. Some relaxing music following by lubrication and then the whole thing is just another simple seduction.
The weirdest part? While they will administer the caffeine directly into their intestines because they like the "euphoria", they won't drink any caffeinated beverages - bad for their health, they say. The baffling part is they don't realize the caffeine is what is making them happy, not the enema. But they would be better off drinking it. Any liquid you put up there is going to make things come out but coffee that many times per day with no digestion is sure to cause some irritable bowels.
TLC's crappy website is showing errors on all its 'My Little Addiction' video clips so I can't delight you with the one of the woman who cleans her cat - with her tongue. But Good Morning America/ABC News has video of the coffee enema lady's...process. Good thing her container is not styrofoam, that would be sure to get outrage.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Moderate Pot Use By Adolescents Doesn't Hurt IQ
- Science Left Behind: The Anti-Vaccine Update Update
- Finding Fracking Fluids In The Environment
- Ashes And Vegetables: The Diet Of Roman Gladiators Was Rather Poor
- Dopamine Receptor Agonist Drugs Linked To Gambling And Hypersexuality
- Manly Men And Feminine Women Are Not Evolutionary Mandates - They Are Urban Ones
- What's Hiding Under The Clouds Of Venus - Heavy Metal Frost?
- "http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/vaccines/HPV/index.html says no interesting difference in side..."
- "This article supports the idea that I state as follows: Nobody chooses their religion or world..."
- "Not mine, many post anon cuz if you block by IP you'll surely block by name. BTW I've posted all..."
- "California voting is variable? No, it isn't, redistricting pushed the 36% of the state that are..."
- "I am quite familiar with California's immunization uptake data, which is reported annually for..."
- An end to fat shaming? The 50 year DNA mystery of metabolic dysfunction may soon be solved
- Egg freezing: a smart career move?
- Despite resistance, China will dominate future of GMOs
- Should Science and Nature run advertorial by wacky Dr. Bronner’s that misleads on GMOs?
- Jack the Ripper’s identity remains a mystery after error in DNA analysis revealed
- Seed patent primer: Is the use of GMOs preventing farmers from reusing their seeds?
- Special UO microscope captures defects in nanotubes
- When the isthmus is an island: Madison's hottest, and coldest, spots
- Researchers identify new cell signaling pathway thought to play role in rheumatoid arthritis
- In disease outbreak management, flexibility can save lives and money
- Flexibility in disease outbreak management could save lives and money