You might be a crackpot if you won't drink coffee because it is bad for your health, yet you are shoving it in your rectum multiple times per day.
"My Strange Addiction" on TLC this week has a story about a Florida couple who each have at least 100 coffee enemas per month, and totaling 6,000 in the last two years.
How can they pull it off? Vacations are clearly out of the question, since it involves a 32-ounce
container full of coffee each time. Sorry, New York City residents, Mayor Bloomberg says you can't buy anything that big to put beverages in, you have to be protected from yourself - though in this instance, he would be right. Some relaxing music following by lubrication and then the whole thing is just another simple seduction.
The weirdest part? While they will administer the caffeine directly into their intestines because they like the "euphoria", they won't drink any caffeinated beverages - bad for their health, they say. The baffling part is they don't realize the caffeine is what is making them happy, not the enema. But they would be better off drinking it. Any liquid you put up there is going to make things come out but coffee that many times per day with no digestion is sure to cause some irritable bowels.
TLC's crappy website is showing errors on all its 'My Little Addiction' video clips so I can't delight you with the one of the woman who cleans her cat - with her tongue. But Good Morning America/ABC News has video of the coffee enema lady's...process. Good thing her container is not styrofoam, that would be sure to get outrage.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Wait, Let's Not Be In Such A Rush To Go Multiplanetary Or Interstellar - A Comment On Elon Musk's Vision
- Petition To Youtube To Halt Ads On Doomsday Videos - They Make The Vulnerable Suicidal
- Paleo: In A Clinical Trial, Bread Made With Ancient Grains Could Benefit Heart Health
- Hubble Spots Europa Geysers Again - How They Did It - And What Next? Flyby? Lander?
- Chatelperronian Hominins: Disputed Neanderthal Region Confirmed In France
- No Go Area! What? What is that?
- Why Psychology Lost Its Soul - Science Replaced It
- "Oh, sorry to hear that, I hear this so often. Basically it's like propoganda I think. Propoganda..."
- "Hi mr walker... lately i havent been able to eat or drink.. and if i do sleep its during the whole..."
- "Right, California did, but prior to that there were schools in Marin with only 25% vaccination..."
- "I don't just mean Trump - I mean Paul, Fiorina, Christie, and to the medical community's horror..."
- "I like how Farid's lifestyle changed so that he could identify in a way that he wanted people to..."
- Is Parenting Kids of Human and Canine Persuasion the Same? Yes!
- Diabetes: MiniMed 670G Hybrid Closed-Loop Insulin System Is A Waypoint To An Artificial Pancreas
- Celebrate Oktoberfest with Beer Chemistry
- Littlest Consumers Doing Well, Nutrition-wise
- Herpes Vaccine Update: Exciting News, But Don't Throw Away Condoms Just Yet
- Ben & Jerry’s Asks Us to Take Big Lick of Fear & Hype
- Antipsychotic medications linked to increased risk of pneumonia in persons with Alzheimer's disease
- Multiple sclerosis misdiagnosis shows need for improved education of clinicians
- Brown adipose tissue can secrete factors that activate fat and carbohydrate metabolism
- Therapeutic Gene Delivery for Inherited Retinal Degeneration in Children
- Molecular atlas of the pancreas