You might be a crackpot if you won't drink coffee because it is bad for your health, yet you are shoving it in your rectum multiple times per day.
"My Strange Addiction" on TLC this week has a story about a Florida couple who each have at least 100 coffee enemas per month, and totaling 6,000 in the last two years.
How can they pull it off? Vacations are clearly out of the question, since it involves a 32-ounce
container full of coffee each time. Sorry, New York City residents, Mayor Bloomberg says you can't buy anything that big to put beverages in, you have to be protected from yourself - though in this instance, he would be right. Some relaxing music following by lubrication and then the whole thing is just another simple seduction.
The weirdest part? While they will administer the caffeine directly into their intestines because they like the "euphoria", they won't drink any caffeinated beverages - bad for their health, they say. The baffling part is they don't realize the caffeine is what is making them happy, not the enema. But they would be better off drinking it. Any liquid you put up there is going to make things come out but coffee that many times per day with no digestion is sure to cause some irritable bowels.
TLC's crappy website is showing errors on all its 'My Little Addiction' video clips so I can't delight you with the one of the woman who cleans her cat - with her tongue. But Good Morning America/ABC News has video of the coffee enema lady's...process. Good thing her container is not styrofoam, that would be sure to get outrage.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Inheritable Bacterium Controls Aedes Mosquitoes' Ability To Transmit Zika
- What Lies Beneath West Antarctica?
- Use Of Personal Care Products During Pregnancy Linked To Adverse Effects In Newborns
- Unified Mathematical Field Theory Talk
- Star With Different Internal Driving Force Than The Sun
- Exodus 2100: Due To Climate Change
- Humans Have Faster Metabolism Than Closely Related Primates, Enabling Larger Brains
- "Just adding another link. Spinning Brains..."
- "Okay, yes I hadn't thought about clear walled aquariums. That's a good example :). Maybe its easier..."
- " I tried to form a number system with Z6 and I got the same thing as with Z4 ! I too am unclear..."
- "Or maybe homosexuals are just more messed up than average to begin with. Nope, can't be. It's always..."
- "Perhaps it is time that large groups assign some type of weighting to authors to indicate their..."
- War On Fun Fail: After Tax, Soda Sales Rise in Mexico
- Bed Bugs May Have A Favorite Color
- NASA: Rising CO2 Will Help Food Crops
- NRDC Sues EPA Over Fracking – Has The Settlement Been Pre-Arranged?
- Vaccinate Pregnant Moms to Protect Babies from the Flu
- Pure Unstructured Structured Water – Because Some People Will Buy Anything
- Detailed digital human models could hold key to future clinical research
- Extreme ICU: 5 percent of patients account for 33 percent of intensive care and need special focus
- Walking and cycling are good for health even in cities with higher levels of air pollution
- Heavy body shape across lifespan associated with highest mortality
- The NHS is far safer inside the European Union, argues public health expert