Not horrified by PETA's graphic images of food processing or titillated by their penchant for exploiting naked women enough to stop eating meat?
The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals have opened a new front in their culture war; they have declared that increased Autism Spectrum Diagnoses are due to milk.
They cited one small study, n=20. Hey, that is 66% more subjects than Andrew Wakefield used to declare that vaccines causes autism. And then another study found that taking kids off milk made those darn autistic kids behave better. Thanks, PETA, for demonizing kids so you can protect animals. They tried this same stunt before but pulled it after the outrage, even from their own members. They must assume their members have lost all of their marbles now and won't mind.
They use weasel terms like "more studies are needed" and "the reason why dairy foods may worsen or even cause autism is being debated" - ummmm debated why who? It's one of the dumbest things I've read this week. But ever since Rachel Carson wrote Silent Spring, activists have followed back on finding a paper somewhere and then bolstering it with anecdotes.
If that doesn't scare you enough, they also say that milk causes cancer.
It probably used to be that Big Meat had to pay people to invent this kind of goofy thing about PETA, now they do it to themselves for free.
PETA members may be gullible, but the autism community is not amused by their exploitation the way naked chicks are:
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- How Zika Infects The Placenta
- Scientists Discover How Supermassive Black Holes Keep Galaxies Turned Off
- Music For The Eyes
- Schrödinger's Cat Is Not Just Alive And Dead, He's Both In 2 Places At Once
- Genomic Study Tracks African-American Dispersal In The Great Migration
- B0 Meson Lifetime Difference Measured By ATLAS
- Voluntary Birth Control To Stop Climate Change - Or Else
- "Four paragraphs in I hit delete. I'm just going to wish you the best in all things...."
- "Oh rightio. I should add something about that as background for those who haven't come across the..."
- "Okay. Read it. Liked about half The part I found most startling was the meaning of the phrase,..."
- "I didn't think to add, of course you can also share sterilized distilled water with an ETI - if..."
- "this must be mystery, Cat Mystery. lol..."