Not horrified by PETA's graphic images of food processing or titillated by their penchant for exploiting naked women enough to stop eating meat?
The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals have opened a new front in their culture war; they have declared that increased Autism Spectrum Diagnoses are due to milk.
They cited one small study, n=20. Hey, that is 66% more subjects than Andrew Wakefield used to declare that vaccines causes autism. And then another study found that taking kids off milk made those darn autistic kids behave better. Thanks, PETA, for demonizing kids so you can protect animals. They tried this same stunt before but pulled it after the outrage, even from their own members. They must assume their members have lost all of their marbles now and won't mind.
They use weasel terms like "more studies are needed" and "the reason why dairy foods may worsen or even cause autism is being debated" - ummmm debated why who? It's one of the dumbest things I've read this week. But ever since Rachel Carson wrote Silent Spring, activists have followed back on finding a paper somewhere and then bolstering it with anecdotes.
If that doesn't scare you enough, they also say that milk causes cancer.
It probably used to be that Big Meat had to pay people to invent this kind of goofy thing about PETA, now they do it to themselves for free.
PETA members may be gullible, but the autism community is not amused by their exploitation the way naked chicks are:
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Researchers Created A Laser Bullet To See What It Would Look Like - And Here It Is
- Great Earthquakes Doubled In The Most Recent 10 Year Period - What That Means
- What Americans Fear Most Isn't Ebola Or Terrorism, It's...
- ECFA Workshop: Planning For The High Luminosity LHC
- The Comets Of Beta Pictoris
- Slavery In America: Back In The Headlines
- As The Weather Changes, So Do Beliefs About Climate Change
- "It would be very useful, if also deeply depressing, to collect all of the statements made by prominent..."
- "Trying to explain this to people can be infuriating. It really is a few of us arguing against..."
- "Hi Valerie, thanks for writing.If you look up papers on existential dread, you should find some..."
- "If journal articles like this one would reference the science and the data instead of the politics..."
- "people, the claim that: 1 you do not believe in god, 2 you exist QED atheists exist is fatuous..."
- National Wildlife Refuge System bans on GMOs and neonics lack transparency, scientific rationale
- Want better sperm? Eat more pesticides
- Beyond universal donors, some people are programed with no blood type at all
- Anti-conventional ag movement spurs Big Ag to look to organic pesticides
- Can people really inherit memories?
- An end to fat shaming? The 50 year DNA mystery of metabolic dysfunction may soon be solved
Books By Writers Here