Not horrified by PETA's graphic images of food processing or titillated by their penchant for exploiting naked women enough to stop eating meat?
The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals have opened a new front in their culture war; they have declared that increased Autism Spectrum Diagnoses are due to milk.
They cited one small study, n=20. Hey, that is 66% more subjects than Andrew Wakefield used to declare that vaccines causes autism. And then another study found that taking kids off milk made those darn autistic kids behave better. Thanks, PETA, for demonizing kids so you can protect animals. They tried this same stunt before but pulled it after the outrage, even from their own members. They must assume their members have lost all of their marbles now and won't mind.
They use weasel terms like "more studies are needed" and "the reason why dairy foods may worsen or even cause autism is being debated" - ummmm debated why who? It's one of the dumbest things I've read this week. But ever since Rachel Carson wrote Silent Spring, activists have followed back on finding a paper somewhere and then bolstering it with anecdotes.
If that doesn't scare you enough, they also say that milk causes cancer.
It probably used to be that Big Meat had to pay people to invent this kind of goofy thing about PETA, now they do it to themselves for free.
PETA members may be gullible, but the autism community is not amused by their exploitation the way naked chicks are:
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- How A Former Naturopath Can Help Unravel The Trickery of Alternative Medicine
- What Did Earth's Ancient Magnetic Field Look Like?
- Can A New Rule Trigger A Second EU Referendum? Petition Signatures Over 10% Of Total Votes Cast
- Insects Were Already Using Camouflage 100 Million Years Ago
- Finding All-Hadronic Top - Again
- Some Celiac Disease May Be Due To Viruses
- Siberian Larch Forests Are Still Linked To The Ice Age
- "Ugh. Thanks for reminding me about the horrors of Abilify. My father, who is bipolar, was prescribed..."
- "Oops, I certainty didn't mean to suggest anything improper and I hasten to clarify that your comments..."
- "I usually never comment on blogs, or articles but this one is special. You have shown a couple..."
- "You are a very ignorant, and uneducated person. You have just cost so many many people life saving..."
- "Okay, on the last point first, yes there was fraud detected and 77,000 fraudulent entries..."
- Anti-Intellectualism Is Biggest Threat to Modern Society
- Chemistry Can Help Roast the Perfect Coffee Bean
- What Happens To A Soccer Player’s Brain After Missing A Penalty Kick
- It’s Back to Shots for Flu Prevention
- ACSH Applauds Media Awareness of the Fentanyl Crisis
- Counting Bites Examined, to Help Decrease Food Intake
- How to stop the United Nations from abusing its immunity
- Study examines quality of end life care for patients with different illnesses
- Improvements needed in end-of-life care for patients with organ failure
- Georgetown Institute launches real-time study of smartphone fertility app use
- After Brexit, Italy May Be Next