Two posts in one weekend? I am such a science blogger.
But this one doesn't count because it is just an update on some new features we have added in. Slowly, but surely, we are creating the greatest science community on the planet. Last time I talked about adding in our Corkboard, which is kind of like Facebook's Wall and Twitter combined into one easy interface anyone can grasp. Since only your friends see it, it's a way to share links or short commentaries that don't merit a full blog or article, or to leave a comment that doesn't go on an article. If you have me on your Friend list, you can see mine here (below the Friend avatars).
What, you didn't know you have a Friend list? You do, and you can add people to it by going to their Profile and clicking
though knowing you were on someone's Friend list was something of a crap shoot. So we fixed that. Now you will get a notification when someone adds you to their Friend list. It will be by email (which you can disable by going to Dashboard/Preferences) and look like this:
It's that easy. From there you can check out their Profile or add them back. If you are 'mutual' friends you can chat and do Corkboard, etc. so it's handy at times.
The other feature we added (back) in is a Track button for comments. An article may interest you and you want to be notified of comments even if the person is not a member or on your Friend list. The Track button makes that possible. Once you click it (and until you click the big red X) comments will show up in your Comment Tracker.
Up this week; finalizing the Writer Index and adding back in email notification for anonymous people and for members if they get comments or replies to comments.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Nibiru Internet Hoax "Blood Moon" Video - Kudos To Independent For Straight Debunking Article :).
- Your Microbiome Did Not Cause Your Weight Problem
- A Great Blitz Game
- Anomaly!: Book News And A Clip
- On Sexuality, You Weren't Born That Way, Says Paper
- Beekeeping Fad And The Stress Of Traveling Is Harmful To Bees
- Petition: Let's End Dramatized Reporting Of "Doomsday" Stories - The Vulnerable Get Suicidal
- "To Robert Walker http://poleshift.ning.com/profiles/blogs/nibiru-daily-on-webcam?xg_source=activity..."
- "As someone with GAD, Depression and OCD, it's difficult to go about my days without worrying about..."
- "Well, you know. I saw a comment on these 'preppers'/doomsday fanatics' video and there was a comment..."
- "Yes, there's nothing at all, and the idea doesn't make sense astronomically. Astronomers are fed..."
- "So is there honestly anything to worry about mr walker its just im quite new to all of this so..."
- Latest IARC Report Connects Fatness with More Cancers
- Fact Checking Mylan Claims They Raised The EpiPen Price Because of Improvements
- I’ve Had More Exposure To Agent Orange Than Anyone: Here’s What I Know
- Brussels – a Final Destination for Medical Care
- Organic Farms Yield 20% Fewer Crops than Conventional Farms
- Funding Scientific Research In A Scientific Way
- Mapping pluripotency differences between mice, monkeys, and humans
- Smokers with newly discovered genetic markers have higher lung cancer risk
- Key substance for treatment of visceral leishmaniasis identified
- High-tech alternative to brain surgery proves effective for most common movement disorder
- Fateful evolution: New study improves accuracy of cancer diagnosis