Two posts in one weekend? I am such a science blogger.
But this one doesn't count because it is just an update on some new features we have added in. Slowly, but surely, we are creating the greatest science community on the planet. Last time I talked about adding in our Corkboard, which is kind of like Facebook's Wall and Twitter combined into one easy interface anyone can grasp. Since only your friends see it, it's a way to share links or short commentaries that don't merit a full blog or article, or to leave a comment that doesn't go on an article. If you have me on your Friend list, you can see mine here (below the Friend avatars).
What, you didn't know you have a Friend list? You do, and you can add people to it by going to their Profile and clicking
though knowing you were on someone's Friend list was something of a crap shoot. So we fixed that. Now you will get a notification when someone adds you to their Friend list. It will be by email (which you can disable by going to Dashboard/Preferences) and look like this:
It's that easy. From there you can check out their Profile or add them back. If you are 'mutual' friends you can chat and do Corkboard, etc. so it's handy at times.
The other feature we added (back) in is a Track button for comments. An article may interest you and you want to be notified of comments even if the person is not a member or on your Friend list. The Track button makes that possible. Once you click it (and until you click the big red X) comments will show up in your Comment Tracker.
Up this week; finalizing the Writer Index and adding back in email notification for anonymous people and for members if they get comments or replies to comments.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Anomaly! Book Of The Week At Times Higher Education
- Random Thoughts Of A Physicist In Honeymoon
- It's Been Another Record Year For Agriculture - When Do Climate Change Forecasts Come True?
- Sitting Linked To Premature Aging - And Hopefully Skepticism
- Climate Change Made The Sahara Green - Then Took It Away Again
- How Wind Turbines Work - A Legal Perspective
- How Viruses Leave Messages For Descendants On How To 'Infect'
- "I don't know why my comment's formatting was lost in the transmission, so that it is now one big..."
- "“If you don't use probabilities then how else do you do it? At any rate that's not a criticism..."
- "Tomasso, Congratulations, may you enjoy a long and happy life together with Kalliopi! Best regards..."
- "Found another one : http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/545975/end-of-the-world-Gods-vengeance..."
- "Thanks :). Actually there are so many fake doomsday red top tabloid stories that I tend to wait..."
- Nexium: The Dark Side Of Pharma
- ABCD: Obesity Has A New Name, Will It Stop The Epidemic?
- President George H. W. Bush in ICU, Wife Barbara in Same Hospital
- McKesson Fined $150 Million; Contributed to Opioid Crisis
- And Then There Were Three: A New Trivalent Herpes Vaccine Enters The Scene
- McKesson Fined $150 Million as they contribute to opioid crisis - Too Big to Punish