Two posts in one weekend? I am such a science blogger.
But this one doesn't count because it is just an update on some new features we have added in. Slowly, but surely, we are creating the greatest science community on the planet. Last time I talked about adding in our Corkboard, which is kind of like Facebook's Wall and Twitter combined into one easy interface anyone can grasp. Since only your friends see it, it's a way to share links or short commentaries that don't merit a full blog or article, or to leave a comment that doesn't go on an article. If you have me on your Friend list, you can see mine here (below the Friend avatars).
What, you didn't know you have a Friend list? You do, and you can add people to it by going to their Profile and clicking
though knowing you were on someone's Friend list was something of a crap shoot. So we fixed that. Now you will get a notification when someone adds you to their Friend list. It will be by email (which you can disable by going to Dashboard/Preferences) and look like this:
It's that easy. From there you can check out their Profile or add them back. If you are 'mutual' friends you can chat and do Corkboard, etc. so it's handy at times.
The other feature we added (back) in is a Track button for comments. An article may interest you and you want to be notified of comments even if the person is not a member or on your Friend list. The Track button makes that possible. Once you click it (and until you click the big red X) comments will show up in your Comment Tracker.
Up this week; finalizing the Writer Index and adding back in email notification for anonymous people and for members if they get comments or replies to comments.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Why An Extra Planet Can't Be Hidden Behind The Sun Or Above The South Pole
- Hugh Hefner's Wife Was Not Poisoned By Breast Implants
- SYRINA: A Trojan Horse For Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals?
- The Daily Physics Problem - 5
- Why Has Organic Farming Flatlined?
- The Daily Physics Problem - 2
- The Daily Physics Problem - 4
- "You have a point. I grew up on an organic farm long before those were cool - it was called being..."
- "The same argument applies to all and any possible dates. Ask them which constellation it is in..."
- "No, because the whole thing is smoke and mirrors, it's impossible. If anyone says there's a planet..."
- "There was that recent NYT piece that showed we passed peak CSA too. It's perfectly fine to hand..."
- "Is nibru coming in July???..."
- Opercular index score: A novel approach for determining clinical outcomes in stroke
- Cataclysm at Meteor Crater: Crystal sheds light on Earth, moon, Mars
- Workforce processes prior to mechanical thrombectomy vary widely, new study finds
- Male frogs have sex on land to keep competitors away
- Cord blood outperforms matched, unrelated donor in bone marrow transplant