Two posts in one weekend? I am such a science blogger.
But this one doesn't count because it is just an update on some new features we have added in. Slowly, but surely, we are creating the greatest science community on the planet. Last time I talked about adding in our Corkboard, which is kind of like Facebook's Wall and Twitter combined into one easy interface anyone can grasp. Since only your friends see it, it's a way to share links or short commentaries that don't merit a full blog or article, or to leave a comment that doesn't go on an article. If you have me on your Friend list, you can see mine here (below the Friend avatars).
What, you didn't know you have a Friend list? You do, and you can add people to it by going to their Profile and clicking
though knowing you were on someone's Friend list was something of a crap shoot. So we fixed that. Now you will get a notification when someone adds you to their Friend list. It will be by email (which you can disable by going to Dashboard/Preferences) and look like this:
It's that easy. From there you can check out their Profile or add them back. If you are 'mutual' friends you can chat and do Corkboard, etc. so it's handy at times.
The other feature we added (back) in is a Track button for comments. An article may interest you and you want to be notified of comments even if the person is not a member or on your Friend list. The Track button makes that possible. Once you click it (and until you click the big red X) comments will show up in your Comment Tracker.
Up this week; finalizing the Writer Index and adding back in email notification for anonymous people and for members if they get comments or replies to comments.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Wait, Let's Not Be In Such A Rush To Go Multiplanetary Or Interstellar - A Comment On Elon Musk's Vision
- Petition To Youtube To Halt Ads On Doomsday Videos - They Make The Vulnerable Suicidal
- Why Psychology Lost Its Soul - Science Replaced It
- Hubble Spots Europa Geysers Again - How They Did It - And What Next? Flyby? Lander?
- Chatelperronian Hominins: Disputed Neanderthal Region Confirmed In France
- No Go Area! What? What is that?
- A Book By Guido Tonelli
- "You can't go by Donald Trump, he is fishing in the dark and he basically made the same error Hillary..."
- "I was struck by the primaries for US presidency, that the R's seemed more prone to be anti-vaccine..."
- "Yes I did Margaret, hope you saw my reply. I try to respond within 24 hours, sometimes it's a bit..."
- "Hi Margaret, oh sorry to hear that your grandson got scared of this. I think irresponsible journalism..."
- "I dont no if you received my message mr walker or not.Margaret ..."
- Celebrate Oktoberfest with Beer Chemistry
- Littlest Consumers Doing Well, Nutrition-wise
- Herpes Vaccine Update: Exciting News, But Don't Throw Away the Condoms Just Yet
- Ben & Jerry’s Asks Us to Take Big Lick of Fear & Hype
- A Cocktail of Wild Viruses Treats Bacterial Wound Infections in Mice
- The Scientific Advisors at Theranos Won't (or Can't) Talk
- Brown adipose tissue can secrete factors that activate fat and carbohydrate metabolism
- Therapeutic Gene Delivery for Inherited Retinal Degeneration in Children
- Molecular atlas of the pancreas
- 6 steps to extinction
- Chemical weapons are still being used in Iraq but the Obama administration doesn't talk about it