Two posts in one weekend? I am such a science blogger.
But this one doesn't count because it is just an update on some new features we have added in. Slowly, but surely, we are creating the greatest science community on the planet. Last time I talked about adding in our Corkboard, which is kind of like Facebook's Wall and Twitter combined into one easy interface anyone can grasp. Since only your friends see it, it's a way to share links or short commentaries that don't merit a full blog or article, or to leave a comment that doesn't go on an article. If you have me on your Friend list, you can see mine here (below the Friend avatars).
What, you didn't know you have a Friend list? You do, and you can add people to it by going to their Profile and clicking
though knowing you were on someone's Friend list was something of a crap shoot. So we fixed that. Now you will get a notification when someone adds you to their Friend list. It will be by email (which you can disable by going to Dashboard/Preferences) and look like this:
It's that easy. From there you can check out their Profile or add them back. If you are 'mutual' friends you can chat and do Corkboard, etc. so it's handy at times.
The other feature we added (back) in is a Track button for comments. An article may interest you and you want to be notified of comments even if the person is not a member or on your Friend list. The Track button makes that possible. Once you click it (and until you click the big red X) comments will show up in your Comment Tracker.
Up this week; finalizing the Writer Index and adding back in email notification for anonymous people and for members if they get comments or replies to comments.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Why I’ll Talk Policy With Climate Change Deniers But Not Science
- Today's Global Warming Is Nothing Special
- HIP 116454b Shows That Despite Malfunction, Kepler Can Still Find Planets
- Worldwide, Life Expectancy Has Gone Up Over 6 Years Since 1990
- There Was No 'Paleo Diet' - Ancient People Ate What They Had
- Curiosity Detects Spike In Methane, And Other Organic Molecules, On Mars
- You Can Self-identify With Any Ancestry You Want, But Genetically...
- "You spend a great deal of time on the ideological motivations of climate change deniers, but mistakenly..."
- "Or we can blame my mother. It was to be their senior trip in 1959 but Castro and Che Guevara got..."
- "Solution aversion is very real. Talking about solutions which the climate skeptics could live with..."
- "For the avoidance of doubt, as judges are wont to say, it was Buckminster Fuller himself who first..."
- "Thank you for including the Four Myths of Nature. It is very helpful to keep these in mind when..."
- Tooth loss linked to slowing mind and body
- Latest evidence on using hormone replacement therapy for treating menopausal symptoms
- Less than half of UK prescriptions for antipsychotics issued for main licensed conditions
- Don't be tempted to buy your teen a cheap (old) car, parents warned
- The Lancet: Doctor who survived Ebola received experimental drug treatment