Two posts in one weekend? I am such a science blogger.
But this one doesn't count because it is just an update on some new features we have added in. Slowly, but surely, we are creating the greatest science community on the planet. Last time I talked about adding in our Corkboard, which is kind of like Facebook's Wall and Twitter combined into one easy interface anyone can grasp. Since only your friends see it, it's a way to share links or short commentaries that don't merit a full blog or article, or to leave a comment that doesn't go on an article. If you have me on your Friend list, you can see mine here (below the Friend avatars).
What, you didn't know you have a Friend list? You do, and you can add people to it by going to their Profile and clicking
though knowing you were on someone's Friend list was something of a crap shoot. So we fixed that. Now you will get a notification when someone adds you to their Friend list. It will be by email (which you can disable by going to Dashboard/Preferences) and look like this:
It's that easy. From there you can check out their Profile or add them back. If you are 'mutual' friends you can chat and do Corkboard, etc. so it's handy at times.
The other feature we added (back) in is a Track button for comments. An article may interest you and you want to be notified of comments even if the person is not a member or on your Friend list. The Track button makes that possible. Once you click it (and until you click the big red X) comments will show up in your Comment Tracker.
Up this week; finalizing the Writer Index and adding back in email notification for anonymous people and for members if they get comments or replies to comments.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Sam Ting On AMS Results: Dark Matter Might Be One Seminar Away
- Vitriolic Abuse Of Anita Sarkeesian: Why The Games Industry Needs Her
- Why Natural Gas, Including Fracking, Is Better For The Environment Than Wind And Solar
- BICEP2's vision wasn't that strong, Planck says their window was too dusty.
- Graphene Sensor Tracks Down Cancer Biomarkers
- Nature Communications Switching To Exclusive Open Access
- Eat More Meat, Get Lower Blood Pressure?
- ":) Actually amphetamine salts were not sustainable as an ADHD solution for me. They actually did..."
- "Hi Hontas. This caught my eye: That said, it may be that there simply is no strong signal of inflation..."
- "1.) Fundamentally one can never prove any theory. That's what makes a theory different from..."
- "I thank you for your comment, which I think is very important. Especially the question aboutPerhaps..."
- "I know what you mean, that is why I wrote sim Evo in . ;-)..."
- Results of the 1st EORTC Cancer Survivorship Summit
- Nanotubes help healing hearts keep the beat
- Study uncovers genetic driver of inflammation, uses it to prevent and treat liver cancer
- Mother-infant bed sharing messaging should be tailored, according to UGA researcher
- Interdisciplinary research team finds method for more precise diagnosis of pneumonia