I always like to hear who got the Nobel Prize (well at least the one in medicine, anyway- I am definitely not a physics person), because lately it is almost someone who researched something that I remember learning about in school, when it was "new".
This year, it's telomeres- the particular sequences on the ends of chromosomes that protect the actual genes from getting broken down. It's also nice to see 2 women getting the prize. Oh, and a man, too, don't want anyone to think I wasn't paying attention.
When I was skimming through my RSS feed after finding the announcement about the Nobel Prize, I came across this, about a "mini-Stonehenge" discovered near the original. While that news was interesting, it triggered a memory of a tacky tourist attraction we saw on our honeymoon: FOAMHENGE. It's a replica of Stonehenge, made out of...you guessed it- foam. We couldn't bring ourselves to pay money to see this. I think I would rather just go see the original if I was that interested, but apparently this Foamhenge is considered something of a work of art? And that's why I write about science and not art!
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Should Pregnant Women Be Concerned About BPA?
- Order Patterned With Chaos - How Climate Is Predicted For Decades - With Exact Forecasts Only For Days
- The Five Stages Of A Dying Theory
- Russian scientists increase DVD storage capacity million times
- Is The X(5568) A True Resonance ?
- Running Sounds May Contain Clues To Injury Prevention
- Are Marijuana Warning Labels Needed? Users Say Yes
- "I have not yet unpublished any of your comments here except just now, and all I did was to unpublish..."
- "Okay quick answer, no it is not real. See Debunked: Nibiru will hit Earth on [Insert Date..."
- "Blocking my comments? Cowardly, especially when you are loosing the argument. Again you can find..."
- "Your argument sounds very seductive, although it falls under the category of an appeal to authority..."
- "I just wanted to clarify your statement, When he went into space it was on top of a converted ICBM..."
- The Alzheimer's-Amyloid Hypothesis Confirmed? Not So Fast
- Abortion Rate in U.S. Falls 21% in One Decade
- Child Mummy May Change Timeline for Smallpox
- On Proposed Tanning Bed Ban for Teens, New Study Urges FDA to Act
- Fear Of Dying Got You Down? Retail Therapy Can Help
- It’s Not Brain Surgery, But do you Know What is? Brain Surgery!