A bleak world is what Sri Lanka recently had, because they believe alternative science activists about how organic food was viable and affordable and ready. The country went along with western environmental propaganda and paid the price. After declaring they would be 'all organic' in May, they had yields in the cellar by August. Costs skyrocketed, people hoarded food, and the government began raiding homes so people could not sell food on the black markets.
Now they have abandoned the fiasco. Not because people were starving but because exports had plummeted, and the wealthy elites who wanted to emulate the west realized that the people touting organic are paid to promote it, not grow it. The desperate government had even violated its own ban, importing modern chemicals via Lithuania and hoping no one would notice if they had “organic fertiliser” labels places on the 30,000 tons.
Whole Foods shoppers are fooled by labels, but few others.
Now the government has stated they are going to un-ban chemicals that work until they know organic is really "ready", not when lawyers in other countries claim it is ready.
- Organic Food Mandates Caused Sri Lanka's Economic Collapse- Now They Face Civil War
- Russia Has Europe In Such A Panic About Food Prices They're Embracing Genetic Engineering And Modern Pesticides
- California Hurt Themselves With Solar Power The Way Sri Lanka Did With Organic Food
- Scotland: We Don't Need Science, We'll Take 65% Higher Food Costs Instead
- UK Rolls Back Restrictions On Neonics Based On "Robust Scientific Assessment"