- Fact-Checking Joe Biden Science Claims On Energy
During last night's Presidential debate, former Obama administration Vice-President and Delaware Senator Joe Biden said something that had Democrats worried and even the most partisan fact checkers holding up an index finger: "I have never said I ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Nov 18 2020 - 12:20pm
- The World Has Spent $2.6 Trillion On Solar And Wind Power Subsidies- And Gotten Little Energy
The Global Trends in Renewable Energy Investment 2019 report stated that in the previous 10 years the world had spent $2.6 trillion on solar and wind power subsidies- which they framed as a good thing. Since we need to get billions off wood and dung, the l ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Feb 5 2021 - 12:12pm
- Dams Are The Largest Source Of Hydroelectric Power And Water For Farmers- Environmentalists Should Stop Opposing Them
At the turn of the 20th century Carrie Nation smashed up a saloon in Kansas, gold was discovered in Alaska, and New York City's boundaries became set with the inclusion of Queens and Staten Island. America had five new states and t hey had a big probl ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Feb 9 2021 - 9:28am
- Singlet Fission May Solve The Solar Efficiency Problem
In lab tests, solar often seems to work great, yet in actual use its efficiency drops sharply. A phenomenon known as singlet fission can help but it is hindered by unexplained energy losses during the reaction. Basic research is needed because solar energy ...
Article - News Staff - Mar 10 2021 - 4:33pm
- Perovskite Oxides: New Material For Solar Panels Could Make Them Cost-Effective And Efficient
A new solar panel design and ceramic material points the way to potentially providing sustainable power that can be price competitive and efficient. It also reaches a four-decade-old goal of discovering a bulk photovoltaic material that can harness energy ...
Article - News Staff - May 3 2021 - 6:34am
- More Natural Gas Replacing Coal Could Mean Far Less Water Usage
A new study has found that the switch from coal to natural gas hasn't just reduced greenhouse gas emissions from energy, it has reduced water usage. That is even factoring in water used during hydraulic fracturing- fracking- and shale gas generation. ...
Article - News Staff - May 3 2021 - 2:17pm
- A Call For Natural Gas And Nuclear: PPCA Coal Reductions Won't Slow Climate Change
The Powering Past Coal Alliance(1) wants to phase out coal power but are hampered by limited membership who don't have to face economic realities. Finland has different energy sources available than China has. And China is not going to be bullied by ...
Article - Hank Campbell - May 3 2021 - 2:18pm