Science & Society
- Churches Increase COVID-19 Vaccine Uptake Among African-Americans
Pilot results from San Bernardino County, California, where crime is prevalent and distrust in government high, found that religion may be key to COVID-19 vaccine uptake. Focused education efforts and an on-site mobile clinic in Black church parking lots ...
Article - News Staff - Mar 23 2021 - 3:38pm
- Just Correlation: Meat And 'Higher Risk' Of Death
Your risk of death is 100 percent. Yet your risk of early demise can be mitigated if you avoid things like ingesting alcohol and cigarettes and mustard gas. Those are clear killers. What about salt, sugar, and meat? Those have not been established as scien ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Apr 6 2021 - 6:01am
- Humor Works Better Than Scorn At Fighting Science Denial
A few years ago, much of the academic science community finally turned on the anti-science progressives that dominated the coasts of the U.S. and who refused to vaccinate their children. Standing up to their political allies definitely turned the tide, ev ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Apr 15 2021 - 12:26pm
- Is The Cure Worse Than The Disease? In The COVID-19 Public Health Versus Jobs Debate, The Same People Suffer
Throughout the pandemic, millions of Americans wondered: “Is the cure worse than the disease?” The question implies a trade-off between “the cure,” in the form of economic shutdowns, and “the disease,” COVID-19. This debate dominated headlines in the firs ...
Article - The Conversation - Apr 20 2021 - 6:01am
- Taser Developed A Multi Shot, Long Range, Less Lethal Option. It Was Defunded Under Obama And Police Got Military Gear.
F orget emotional arguments about whether Black Lives Matter or All Lives Matter or any specific case. There is one easy to verify fact that proves that policing in the United States is Broken. We give police a 9mm Glock that carries about 15 rounds or a ...
Blog Post - Hontas Farmer - Apr 23 2021 - 9:12pm
- New Social Distancing Guidelines For The Partially Vaccinated
The Six Foot Rule is only a rule in a 'rule of thumb' way; it's okay for an estimate but you use a real ruler to build a house. Analyses instead show that the most important things are a mix of masks and ventilation. What about outdoors whe ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Apr 27 2021 - 5:52pm
- You Can't Get Into Eleven Madison, Now You Won't Want To Anyway
Epicurious, a food website owned by the billion-dollar Condé Nast group, has stated it will no longer carry recipes that use beef. Because of the environment. ...
Article - Hank Campbell - May 3 2021 - 3:42pm
- Popularity Doesn't Matter: People Are More Persuaded By The Actual Messages In Social Media
If a post is not popular, you will never see it, so views count, but it is the message and not the popularity of it that persuades people, according to a new paper. 819 demographically diverse American adults aged 18-35 were shown two YouTube videos either ...
Article - News Staff - May 11 2021 - 4:24pm
- Elitism Is Back, Baby (Star Trek Is Proof)
I have a confesson to make; I'm probably smarter than you. ...
Article - Hank Campbell - May 12 2021 - 4:56pm
- Bill Maher's Positive Covid Test Does Not Show the CDC Is Wrong. If Vaccinated No Mask Required
R esistance to giving up mask is the new anti-mask. Indeed, the fact some people think it does prove that they have no idea how vaccines work. They do not prevent infection. Vaccines teach the body how to kill the virus so quickly that infection does n ...
Blog Post - Hontas Farmer - May 14 2021 - 2:30pm