Random Noise #17 : They Sure Fooled Me!
Well, they sure fooled me!
I like to think that I know a thing or two about science and engineering. Quite apart from that, I have read enough court transcripts to know when someone is telling porkies1. Or so I thought.
I was utterly convinced that the U.S.A. had really landed men on the moon. Everything seemed to fit. I recently wrote an article about the parallax problem. From any place on Earth at a given time and date, the moon is in a different part of the sky. So: to convince everyone on Earth that a live feed was coming from the moon, it had to come from the moon.
To my shame, I now have to admit that I am not as good at science as I thought I was. There is no way I am going to argue against Neil Armstrong. If he says the moon landings were fake, that's good enough for me. And he does, as you can read here. But I have to say, that was some hoax! It even fooled Hank, and that's a world class achievement by itself!
 - Porkies - Cockney rhyming slang: pork pies = lies.
livescience.com moon hoax
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Quantum mechanics in 1834?
- Future Transatlantic Flight Delays Blamed On Global Warming
- Inconvenient Truth: There Are Synthetic Pesticide Residues On Organic
- Using DNA To Fight Fabric Fraud
- Horses Can Read Human Emotions
- China Is Going To Grow, And A Small Cap And Trade Market Won't Stop That
- Higher Nurse To Patient Ratio Linked To Reduced Risk Of Inpatient Death
- "Does the emitted photon from carbon dioxide have EXACTLY the same wavelength as the absorbed photon..."
- " from: http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/12/02/history-falsifies-climate-alarmist-sea-level-claims/..."
- "Thanks, didn't know about those. But it could also be a shower of hail stones, using the wikipedia..."
- "Are you saying that the sea level data are wrong? I'm just quoting it. If so, please note your data...."
- "For a good place to start, concerning causality as it relates to physics and the mathematics of..."
- Pregnancy and PTSD: Surprising findings could help moms-to-be at risk
- Native grass could be key to super-thin condoms
- Teaching neurons to respond to placebos as potential treatment for Parkinson's
- Fall in one-to-one nursing care of very sick newborns linked to higher death rate
- Starfish reveal the origins of brain messenger molecules