Random Noise #17 : They Sure Fooled Me!
Well, they sure fooled me!
I like to think that I know a thing or two about science and engineering. Quite apart from that, I have read enough court transcripts to know when someone is telling porkies1. Or so I thought.
I was utterly convinced that the U.S.A. had really landed men on the moon. Everything seemed to fit. I recently wrote an article about the parallax problem. From any place on Earth at a given time and date, the moon is in a different part of the sky. So: to convince everyone on Earth that a live feed was coming from the moon, it had to come from the moon.
To my shame, I now have to admit that I am not as good at science as I thought I was. There is no way I am going to argue against Neil Armstrong. If he says the moon landings were fake, that's good enough for me. And he does, as you can read here. But I have to say, that was some hoax! It even fooled Hank, and that's a world class achievement by itself!
 - Porkies - Cockney rhyming slang: pork pies = lies.
livescience.com moon hoax
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- The Five Stages Of A Dying Theory
- Should Pregnant Women Be Concerned About BPA?
- President Elect Trump - Why Climate Change Is No Longer A Political Issue Outside The US
- Australopithecus Afarensis: ‘Lucy’ Was A Tree Climber?
- Jena's Roots In The Tree Of Life
- Trump’s Cuban Insight Trumps Fidel Kaepernick’s Caper 2/2
- Highly Effective Nanostructures From Fundamental Optimization Strategy
- "I have no idea sir but thats what i read there are alot of stories circulating the Internet about..."
- "Your point about not all Hispanics / Latinos being the same is well made.Similarly with black people..."
- "Thank for that!Best,T...."
- "Anyway, why is Stephen Hawking meeting the Pope alarming? He's already met 3 others...."
- "So, someone who is the head of a company that builds underground shelters for sale to the public ..."
- Female Vervet Monkeys Assault Males that Do Not Participate in Fights
- Vaginal Ring Effective for HIV Infection Prevention
- Winter is No Wonderland
- On Fitness & Longevity, Don't Be Misled By Health Hype Headlines
- A New CDC Report Shows A Win For Vaccines
- Sleep Apnea or Insufficient Sleep? Both Are Costly & Dangerous