Greenland’s Jakobshavn Glacier Retreat Scaremongering
A guest post by my friend Lai Ying at the Greenwich Institute of Toxicology.
Global warming is a get-rich-quick scam invented by Al Gore when he was cold and hungry, sleeping in a doorway and penniless. Stories that Al Gore was rich before he invented the CO2 scam are lies propagated by his cronies and acolytes.
That being so, it follows that all "evidence" in support of the global warming THEORY has either been faked or is the outcome of self-delusion by warmist agendists.
The warmist agendist imperialists and their lackeys are trying to convince the world that Greenland's ice sheet is melting. Common sense tells us that if the ice sheet was melting then the sea would be cold all around Greenland from the water running off. Instead, these agendists tell us, the sea is warmer than it should be which is why the ice is melting. So: the warmer water is melting the ice and the water is running off and raising sea levels because the cold water gets warmer and expands? That's just crazy, but if it's true it's just a natural cycle.
The GRACE satellite sent up at enormous cost to the ordinary taxpayer was a complete waste of money. Why waste money trying to prove that the ice is melting when any fool can see that it isn't melting. All you have to do is go stand in the middle of the ice sheet and watch it not melting. The interpretations of GRACE gravity anomaly data must be flawed. We can prove that FACT by just looking at one out-of-date satellite image of a bit of Jakobshavn Fjord.
Out of date image courtesy Wikipedia
You can see at a glance that this so-called glacier retreat is just an advance of open water towards the land.
If we figure out how much ice melted between when the retreat started and when it stopped - 1851 - 2006 then all that melting ice should show up in sea level trends. It doesn't, and I defy those warmist-agendist so-called "scientists" to explain that FACT away.
The Arctic isn't melting, Greenland's ice sheet isn't melting and sea levels aren't rising. I'm only presenting these FACTS as a public service so that you aren't fooled into paying higher taxes to build flood defenses for places like New Orleans and New York.
Sea levels aren't rising anywhere. In England they had a flood in 1953. Big deal! These things happen once in a while. It's natural variation. Despite the advice of rationalists like me the government did the typical knee-jerk political thing and hastily rushed through a scheme to build a flood barrier for London. Check the newpapers and internet archives. Sea levels didn't rise and London wasn't ever flooded. If you visit London, go see the Thames Barrier. The high water marks on the barrier are nowhere to be seen upstream. This proves that when the barrier is closed it makes the water pile up so as to look threatening. Propagandists then post pictures of how the barrier has "saved London from flooding", so can we please have a few more millions in taxpayer's money for more "climate research".
Thames barrier with fake high-water marks caused by barrier closures.
Britain has wasted millions in taxes on flood defenses all around its coast, just because of warmist agendist scare-mongering.
Don't let America make the same mistake.
Say "NO" to glabal worming!
Say "NO" to sea-level rise!
Say "NO" to flood barriers!
That's all I have time for, folks. I have to rush off to another blog and write about those lunatics who are making windmills and solar panels.
Lai Ying, G.I.T.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Poisons Chemists Hate, But You Just Ate
- Supersymmetry Is About To Be Discovered, Kane Says
- Single Top Production At The LHC
- Our Ethical Responsibilities To Baby Terraformed Worlds - Like Parents
- Anomaly! - A Different Particle Physics Book
- Dietary Restriction, Circadian Rhythm, And Long Life
- New Open-access Data On Paleofloods
- "I'm really scared about this all and 8m just hoping it isn't real, are you sure that nasa or the..."
- "Yes, it's just nonsense. I can't think of any new ways to answer this question. Do you have..."
- "so your sure it don't exist then and nothing is going to hit us ..."
- "It can be in a 3600 year orbit and not exist in the same way that Harry Potter can have a scar..."
- "yes I agree with u it does all seem silly but wen there is all these videos and pictures on the..."
- Earth's first ecosystems were more complex than previously thought, study finds
- Soil pulled from deep under Oregon's unglaciated Coast Range unveils frosty past climate
- Mystery of how snakes lost their legs solved by reptile fossil
- Seizure risk of anti-shivering agent meperidine greatly overstated
- Immune-disorder treatment in mice holds potential for multiple sclerosis patients
- Who Is Stalking You On Facebook? Who Is Your Biggest Fan?
- Who is Stalking you on Facebook? Who is your biggest Fan? (Updated Methods).
- "Imaginary Bullshit Planet" Nibiru - Lens Flares, Sun Mirages, Hoaxes & Just Plain Silly
- How Much Weight Can You Gain Due To Water Retention?
- Poisons Chemists Hate, But You Just Ate