South Dakota Exempted From Laws of Science
The South Dakota Legislature thinks that scientific laws are made up by people to suit agendas.
Accordingly, they have invented some agendist stuff to make a political declaration that climate change is a myth. Presumably, any of the good citizens of Dakota who believe this science nonsense about photographic records of ice melting must be deluded.
Now, why does the sub-text remind me of the creationist / I.D. agenda?
Is this what students are learning in South Dakota?
How deluded will the voters be come election time?
State of South Dakota
LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY, 2010
363R0643 HOUSE CONCURRENT RESOLUTION NO. 1009
Introduced by: Representatives Kopp, Bolin, Brunner, Cronin, Curd, Feickert, Gosch, Greenfield, Hamiel, Hoffman, Hunt, Iron Cloud III, Jensen, Juhnke, Kirkeby, Lange, Lederman, Moser, Novstrup (David), Olson (Betty), Olson (Ryan), Pitts, Putnam, Rausch, Russell, Schlekeway, Sly, Steele, Tidemann, Turbiville, Van Gerpen, Verchio, and Wink and Senators Brown, Abdallah, Bradford, Haverly, Maher, and Schmidt
A CONCURRENT RESOLUTION, Calling for balanced teaching of global warming in the public schools of South Dakota.
WHEREAS, the earth has been cooling for the last eight years despite small increases in anthropogenic carbon dioxide; and
WHEREAS, there is no evidence of atmospheric warming in the troposphere where the majority of warming would be taking place; and
WHEREAS, historical climatological data shows without question the earth has gone through trends where the climate was much warmer than in our present age. The Climatic Optimum and Little Climatic Optimum are two examples. During the Little Climatic Optimum, Erik the Red settled Greenland where they farmed and raised dairy cattle. Today, ninety percent of Greenland is covered by massive ice sheets, in many places more than two miles thick; and
WHEREAS, the polar ice cap is subject to shifting warm water currents and the break-up of ice by high wind events. Many oceanographers believe this to be the major cause of melting polar ice, not atmospheric warming; and
WHEREAS, carbon dioxide is not a pollutant but rather a highly beneficial ingredient for all plant life on earth. Many scientists refer to carbon dioxide as "the gas of life"; and
WHEREAS, more than 31,000 American scientists collectively signed a petition to President Obama stating: "There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, or methane, or other greenhouse gasses is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the earth's atmosphere and disruption of the earth's climate. Moreover, there is substantial scientific evidence that increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide will produce many beneficial effects on the natural plant and animal environments of the earth":
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, by the House of Representatives of the Eighty-fifth Legislature of the State of South Dakota, the Senate concurring therein, that the South Dakota Legislature urges that instruction in the public schools relating to global warming include the following:
(1) That global warming is a scientific theory rather than a proven fact;
(2) That there are a variety of climatological, meteorological, astrological, thermological, cosmological, and ecological dynamics that can effect world weather phenomena and that the significance and interrelativity of these factors is largely speculative; and
(3) That the debate on global warming has subsumed political and philosophical viewpoints which have complicated and prejudiced the scientific investigation of global warming phenomena; and
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the Legislature urges that all instruction on the theory of global warming be appropriate to the age and academic development of the student and to the prevailing classroom circumstances.
Here is what students are learning in North Dakota
Note on copyright:
I claim fair use on the grounds that the written form of legislation must be accessible to the public at large, else it is secret - and hence tyrannical - legislation.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Parkinson’s Disease Reverted In Rats
- Artificial Intelligence Lets Machines Weld The Emotional With The Physical
- Guest Post: Ben Allanach, On Open Access
- Cycling for Science #1 - Tensegrity
- Dr. Ozvorkian And The Amoebas
- Mental Illnesses Run In Families, So How Can We Protect Children?
- Weighing Trees - Now With Lasers
- "This is just one reason I went into chemistry. Philosophy just went flying right over my head...."
- "I've tried a very similar pedelec. The one I had was very heavy and had such a high rolling..."
- "I'm a toaster, It's my raison d'être, I toast, therefore I am.Red Dwarf..."
- "Well the bicycle I rode to school and back on for 5 years had very small very thick wheels and..."
- "Great article but just one thing. Maybe it should be.... Only One Third Of Dr. Oz Show..."
- First successful vaccination against 'mad cow'-like wasting disease in deer
- 6 percent of the people reading this article are addicted to the Internet
- Delivering drugs on demand
- Ostwald ripening: Champagne bubble physics may help address future energy needs
- antibodies from llamas might help in the fight against HIV/AIDS
Books By Writers Here