Well, that Nibiru rapture on July 2nd never happened but it does not mean we are out of the woods. In July of 1996, a barely tolerable movie called "Independence Day" had a plot where aliens invaded Earth. It accomplished two things; the jingo-istic neo-cons in Hollywood of the Clinton years got to make July 4th a world holiday and they showed a Mac is so crappy it can ruin an alien civilization.
Maybe they also inspired the US army.
It's hard to hide big projects these days. What those annoying automated Google cars don't find, satellites will. And so the Landsat satellite has been capturing pictures of the Army creating an island - they named it Poplar Island - since 1998, right in the middle of the Chesapeake Bay.
The army says the island is a wildlife sanctuary and home to 170 species of birds, they even have a web page where you can read all about it, but they would hide in plain sight by discussing this and claiming it is a bird sanctuary, right?
So if aliens attack today, you know where to hide.
Video from Space Shows Army Creating an Island Off the Coast of the US by Jesus Diaz, Gizmodo
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Kudos To "The Independent" Newspaper For Debunking Nibiru "Blood Moon" Hoax
- USDA Microbiologist Warns Bacteria In Vaping Products May Be A Health Concern
- Your Microbiome Did Not Cause Your Weight Problem
- Control Cancer By Making The Tumor Cell Environment Hostile
- A Great Blitz Game
- Gödel,Frenkel, Kurzweil, and Hawkins on AI
- Beekeeping Fad And The Stress Of Traveling Is Harmful To Bees
- "I dont know much about this topic, however, I am certain of what I saw yesterday at sunset and..."
- "Maybe when it actually IS a fact? Because as it stands, all I see is the same nonsense you crackpots..."
- "yeah people would love wood windows rather then glass window...."
- "Airlines are shit nowadays...."
- ":). No need to hope. You can check for yourself. Try the first thing I suggested, which is dead..."
- Breast Cancer: Genomics May Show Where Chemo Might Not Be Needed
- Gallup Poll: Great Example of How to Bias a Social Science Study
- Another Kardashian Craze Debunked
- Fad Friday: Ditch The Body Wrap!
- Commonly Cited Stat of 10 Bacteria for Every 1 Human Cell Is Wrong
- Why The EpiPen And Other Generic Drugs Are So Expensive
- Activity tracker uses heart rate to personalize amount of exercise needed to prevent death
- Moderate physical activity linked with 50 percent reduction in cardiovascular death in over-65s
- 20 cent school intervention stops unhealthy weight gain in children
- Low socioeconomic status associated with higher risk of second heart attack or stroke
- Smartphone detects atrial fibrillation with existing hardware