Well, that Nibiru rapture on July 2nd never happened but it does not mean we are out of the woods. In July of 1996, a barely tolerable movie called "Independence Day" had a plot where aliens invaded Earth. It accomplished two things; the jingo-istic neo-cons in Hollywood of the Clinton years got to make July 4th a world holiday and they showed a Mac is so crappy it can ruin an alien civilization.
Maybe they also inspired the US army.
It's hard to hide big projects these days. What those annoying automated Google cars don't find, satellites will. And so the Landsat satellite has been capturing pictures of the Army creating an island - they named it Poplar Island - since 1998, right in the middle of the Chesapeake Bay.
The army says the island is a wildlife sanctuary and home to 170 species of birds, they even have a web page where you can read all about it, but they would hide in plain sight by discussing this and claiming it is a bird sanctuary, right?
So if aliens attack today, you know where to hide.
Video from Space Shows Army Creating an Island Off the Coast of the US by Jesus Diaz, Gizmodo
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Stop Using BMI To Determine Health
- Why Diamonds Are More Of A Scientific Miracle Than You Think
- Would New Planet X Clear Its Orbit? - And Any Better Name Than "Planet Nine"?
- Top Secret: On Confidentiality On Scientific Issues, Across The Ring And Across The Bedroom
- Why Rest Is Critical After A Concussion
- First-semester GPA A Better Predictor Of College Success Than ACT Score
- Glyphosate Now Most Popular Weed Killer In History, Laments Economist Chuck Benbrook
- "Hi Tommaso, Recently I became aware of he Dirac-Milne cosmological model that postulates that matter..."
- "I find it hard to understand how someone with a PhD who no doubt trusts the toxicology literature..."
- "Very interesting discussion! That we are seeing these issues exposed in astronomy so prominently..."
- "I just wrote: Either way will produce enough food to feed people. It is all in the details of HOW..."
- "for the first time in world history, poor people can afford to be fat. That is not farming gone..."
- BMI is Bologna
- Energy Drinks: The Dose Makes the Poison
- California’s Prop 65: Bad For Public Acceptance Of Science, About To Get Worse
- Wear Red Today! It’s Women’s Heart Health Awareness Day
- Can Marijuana Ease NFL Players’ Pain? Claims Are All Over The Field
- Mid-Life Crisis Clusters Found In 4 US Cities
- Studies link healthy workforces to positive stock market performance
- Pioneering discovery leads to potential preventive treatment for sudden cardiac death
- Online shopping might not be as green as we thought
- Gene family turns cancer cells into aggressive stem cells that keep growing
- NASA's GPM satellite examines violent thunderstorms