Well, that Nibiru rapture on July 2nd never happened but it does not mean we are out of the woods. In July of 1996, a barely tolerable movie called "Independence Day" had a plot where aliens invaded Earth. It accomplished two things; the jingo-istic neo-cons in Hollywood of the Clinton years got to make July 4th a world holiday and they showed a Mac is so crappy it can ruin an alien civilization.
Maybe they also inspired the US army.
It's hard to hide big projects these days. What those annoying automated Google cars don't find, satellites will. And so the Landsat satellite has been capturing pictures of the Army creating an island - they named it Poplar Island - since 1998, right in the middle of the Chesapeake Bay.
The army says the island is a wildlife sanctuary and home to 170 species of birds, they even have a web page where you can read all about it, but they would hide in plain sight by discussing this and claiming it is a bird sanctuary, right?
So if aliens attack today, you know where to hide.
Video from Space Shows Army Creating an Island Off the Coast of the US by Jesus Diaz, Gizmodo
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- That Enormous Hole In The Universe Might Not Be Alone
- Standards Needed For Post-Conviction Review Of Forensic Evidence
- Temperature Records Study Shows Climate Models Underestimate Magnitude Of Natural Climate Wiggles
- WikiLeaks Emails Show Dr. Oz Puts Business First
- Anti-Vaccine Beliefs Raced Around The World While Science Was Putting On Its Shoes
- Will Asteroid 2012 TC4 Hit Earth in October 2017?
- The Era Of The Atom
- "OK, please show me evidence that going after Oz is preventing anyone from addressing real problems..."
- "Alpha-PVP is Schedule 1 in the USA as of April 2014...."
- "Istvan Szapudi of the Institute for Astronomy at The University of Hawaii at Manoa has found a..."
- "Spinning positive studies of an herbal medicine into an occasion for snide remarks at its users'..."
- "11 years? I think it's near 18 now, and the warm west coast is from the Warm blob off the coast..."
- Link between serotonin and depression is a myth - BMJ
- 85 percent of surgeons disregard breast screening recommendation, screen patients too much
- Universal donor plasma for trauma patients is feasible and can save lives
- Parent training significantly reduces disruptive behavior in children with autism
- No association found between MMR vaccine and autism, even among children at higher autism risk