Well, that Nibiru rapture on July 2nd never happened but it does not mean we are out of the woods. In July of 1996, a barely tolerable movie called "Independence Day" had a plot where aliens invaded Earth. It accomplished two things; the jingo-istic neo-cons in Hollywood of the Clinton years got to make July 4th a world holiday and they showed a Mac is so crappy it can ruin an alien civilization.
Maybe they also inspired the US army.
It's hard to hide big projects these days. What those annoying automated Google cars don't find, satellites will. And so the Landsat satellite has been capturing pictures of the Army creating an island - they named it Poplar Island - since 1998, right in the middle of the Chesapeake Bay.
The army says the island is a wildlife sanctuary and home to 170 species of birds, they even have a web page where you can read all about it, but they would hide in plain sight by discussing this and claiming it is a bird sanctuary, right?
So if aliens attack today, you know where to hide.
Video from Space Shows Army Creating an Island Off the Coast of the US by Jesus Diaz, Gizmodo
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- A Dimuon Particle At 30 GeV In ALEPH ??
- President Obama, Why Humans On Mars Right Now Are Bad For Science
- EPA Again Delays Report On Safety Of Glyphosate
- IPhone Lab Detects Cancer, May Lead To Instant Diagnosis
- Following Speech In Background Noise - The Problem May Not Be Your Ears
- Nitrate-Reducing Microbes Linked To Migraine Headaches
- Physics Outreach With Music
- "Oh, a colloquial term. Weird, off center, not normal. I.e. it is not normal behaviour. It indicates..."
- "Even a such a numbskull as myself, I thought this from the beginning of the idea. If land is too..."
- "That brings a big smile to my face!..."
- "This sounds very much like the boy-crying-wolf story. If the members of the Aleph experiment have..."
- "they are just closet sadists. So now ur a troll as well then :| Fantastic...."
- Improved 'Screen Time' Guidelines Could Make Parents & Kids Happier
- Dr. Jamie Wells Named One Of America's Top Pediatricians
- Why Did EPA Delay Its Glyphosate Safety Report?
- Scientists Should Fight Postmodern Public Values
- Stupid Health Scare For Hep C Drugs
- Our Lack of Awareness about Food Consumption & Waste