Well, that Nibiru rapture on July 2nd never happened but it does not mean we are out of the woods. In July of 1996, a barely tolerable movie called "Independence Day" had a plot where aliens invaded Earth. It accomplished two things; the jingo-istic neo-cons in Hollywood of the Clinton years got to make July 4th a world holiday and they showed a Mac is so crappy it can ruin an alien civilization.
Maybe they also inspired the US army.
It's hard to hide big projects these days. What those annoying automated Google cars don't find, satellites will. And so the Landsat satellite has been capturing pictures of the Army creating an island - they named it Poplar Island - since 1998, right in the middle of the Chesapeake Bay.
The army says the island is a wildlife sanctuary and home to 170 species of birds, they even have a web page where you can read all about it, but they would hide in plain sight by discussing this and claiming it is a bird sanctuary, right?
So if aliens attack today, you know where to hide.
Video from Space Shows Army Creating an Island Off the Coast of the US by Jesus Diaz, Gizmodo
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Doomsday Dashboard Makes Tracking The Apocalypse Convenient
- Intellectually Gifted Kids And Learning Disabilities Often Go Hand In Hand
- Confirmation Bias: Why The Moon Gets Blamed For A Lot
- High-Intensity Exercise Is Best Before That High Fat Meal
- Another One Bites The Dust - WW Cross Section Gets Back Where It Belongs
- Urine Is Not Really Sterile
- Men Who Eat Produce That Usually Has Higher Pesticide Residues May Have Lower Semen Quality
- "Could we have a new poster child for junk science? Ladies and gentlemen, we have a correlation..."
- "The hull design is nearly the same today as it was back then because aerodynamics haven't changed..."
- "I think if anything Soyuz would be more sensitive. It is a late 60's design with minor updates..."
- "Agreed, mesons are bosons and hadrons...."
- "I applaud Science 2.0 for bringing this study to light for the public. I perform nerve decompression..."
- Counter-intuitive: Generous welfare benefits make people more likely to want to work, not less
- BHPI: New drug stalls estrogen receptor-positive cancer cell growth and shrinks tumors
- The bacterial genetic pathway reason you may stink
- Eating fruits and vegetables with high pesticide residues linked to poor semen quality
- Temperature-sensitive engineering from nature: From tobacco to cyberwood