Another disabled person denied a transplant because of his disability. Another petition in hopes of changing the hospital's decision (go sign it, please).
After the last time, with Mia Rivera (click on her name to read the good news that her mother will get to give Mia a kidney), the disability community came out in full force to support the Rivera family, and it's happening again, thankfully, with blogger after blogger writing about Paul Corby's story.
Will this outpouring of outrage make the same kind of difference this time? We can hope. But one thing's certain, if we don't, as a community, come out strongly and forcefully for families going through this kind of discrimination, it will never end, never stop, and it will be someone we know and love.
Yes, resources are often deemed "scarce" and the costs of transplantation are high, but people have intrinsic value, and autism and other related disorders SHOULD NEVER BE the determining factor as to whether a person gets on the transplant list.
For other bloggers covering this, please see the feeds on the autism blogs directory.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- How A Former Naturopath Can Help Unravel The Trickery of Alternative Medicine
- Tidal Disruption Event: Black Hole Eats Star, Beams Signal To Earth
- Dear California: Why Is Farming Science A Bad Thing Again?
- 5 Laws About Corpses That May Spook You
- Psychiatric Diagnoses Not Valid For African-Americans, Says Sociologist
- Dengue Virus Exposure May Amplify Zika Infection
- Drug Monitoring Programs Reduce Opioid Deaths: Study
- "This is an interesting set of lecture notes by Cranmer from TASI, https://sites.google.com/a/colorado..."
- "Criminal - Clinton Pathological Liar - Clinton Narcissist Egomaniac - Trump - Clinton Lied when..."
- "The only sensible numbers are zero, one, and infinity. Government works the same way. Zero - true..."
- "Hi John,I'll let your comment live out of respect for the effort you put in writing it, but I disagree..."
- "Spoken like someone who has never lived with a health issue that's seriously impacted their life..."
- ACSH Applauds Media Awareness of the Fentanyl Crisis
- Counting Bites Examined, to Help Decrease Food Intake
- The Safe And Unsafe Nutty Treats For Your Pup
- Mr. Potato Head Needs a New Warning Label!
- Shark Finning is Banned in the US; Banning Trade in Fins May Be Next
- Move Over Zika, It’s Yellow Fever’s Turn