Parents of children with neurological conditions and disorders and mental health issues are often faced with the frightening and difficult decision of whether to medicate for specific issues and behaviors. Parents are already stressed, worried, and expecting the worst when they walk into a psychiatrist's office, and it doesn't help when they've already been through the gamut of pediatricians, psychologists and other health professionals who have an opinion on the diagnosis of mental health issues in children and the role medication should play in the treatment.
A new book by an experienced psychiatrist who specializes in treating children and adolescents has been released that will make these decisions easier on parents. Information is the key to control of a situation--the more information you have, the more control you feel, and the better your decisions will be. When Kids Need Meds: Everything a Parent Needs to Know About Psychiatric Medications and Youngsters by Dr. Henry A. Paul is a straightforward, easy to read guide to the most common mental health issues and neurological conditions in children and the medications used most often to treat these conditions and issues.
Dr. Paul is the kind of doctor we as parents all wish we were dealing with: honest, empathetic, and informative. He lays everything out in his book in an orderly fashion, discusses the most common meds, the dosages, the potential side-effects, as well as the different ways the medications may be used. He draws not only on studies of the medications effectiveness, but also on his extensive clinical experiences.
He removes the anxiety that not knowing causes parents. It's a must-have in a parent's library.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- The Five Stages Of A Dying Theory
- Order Patterned With Chaos - How Climate Is Predicted For Decades - With Exact Forecasts Only For Days
- Should Pregnant Women Be Concerned About BPA?
- Is The X(5568) A True Resonance ?
- Something is wrong in the Arctic
- Determining Prostate Cancer Risk With A DNA Methylation Biomarker
- Are Marijuana Warning Labels Needed? Users Say Yes
- "Oh and just to say, I am not a journalist either. I am not paid to write these articles. I could..."
- "S what doed that mean Mr walker is it real then because I'm actually crapping myself scared man..."
- "More info on Arctic warming -..."
- "That article is worrying reading. One way that religions expand is by encouraging high childbirth..."
- "Summary It is a good one actually to show why a large star or brown dwarf like Nibiru can’t..."
- A Very Cool Way To Treat Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- It’s not brain surgery, but do you know what is? Brain Surgery!
- Four New Superheavy Elements Have Official Names
- Dear UN Convention on Biological Diversity, Don't Drive 'Gene Drives' Into a Ditch
- No Surprise: Parents' Screen Times Worse Than Kids
- Genetically Engineered Yeast Is Resistant to Caffeine