Parents of children with neurological conditions and disorders and mental health issues are often faced with the frightening and difficult decision of whether to medicate for specific issues and behaviors. Parents are already stressed, worried, and expecting the worst when they walk into a psychiatrist's office, and it doesn't help when they've already been through the gamut of pediatricians, psychologists and other health professionals who have an opinion on the diagnosis of mental health issues in children and the role medication should play in the treatment.
A new book by an experienced psychiatrist who specializes in treating children and adolescents has been released that will make these decisions easier on parents. Information is the key to control of a situation--the more information you have, the more control you feel, and the better your decisions will be. When Kids Need Meds: Everything a Parent Needs to Know About Psychiatric Medications and Youngsters by Dr. Henry A. Paul is a straightforward, easy to read guide to the most common mental health issues and neurological conditions in children and the medications used most often to treat these conditions and issues.
Dr. Paul is the kind of doctor we as parents all wish we were dealing with: honest, empathetic, and informative. He lays everything out in his book in an orderly fashion, discusses the most common meds, the dosages, the potential side-effects, as well as the different ways the medications may be used. He draws not only on studies of the medications effectiveness, but also on his extensive clinical experiences.
He removes the anxiety that not knowing causes parents. It's a must-have in a parent's library.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- BPA-Free, With Regrets
- A Dimuon Particle At 30 GeV In ALEPH ??
- New President - Pivot To Moon On Way To Mars? Lunar Spelunking & Science Surprises
- Biofuels Are A Climate Mistake
- Debunking: A President Of The US Could Order A Nuclear Attack At A Moments Notice On A Whim
- Who Is Trying To Destroy The Internet?
- An Astronaut Gardener On The Moon - Summits Of Sunlight And Vast Lunar Caves In Low Gravity
- "Nothing new here...."
- "Tellingly it's been removed from it's original source. ..."
- "Unlike men, women don't seem to be able to do much without support. As for the equality gap, that's..."
- "Hi Dan!Thanks, glad you like it. I'm in the UK so I know what you mean about tensions between the..."
- "Oh if it was real, astronomers would have been tracking it for several decades. It would have been..."
- Is Modern Feminism Incompatible with Science?
- When All Else Fails, Bribing Kids to Eat Better
- Kathleen Gyllenhaal: 'IN UTERO' in Hollywood Q&A
- Herpes Vaccine Update: Dr. Halford Answers 'the Big Question'
- The media is not helping in the battle against SIDS
- Busted Breast Cancer Myths