Parents of children with neurological conditions and disorders and mental health issues are often faced with the frightening and difficult decision of whether to medicate for specific issues and behaviors. Parents are already stressed, worried, and expecting the worst when they walk into a psychiatrist's office, and it doesn't help when they've already been through the gamut of pediatricians, psychologists and other health professionals who have an opinion on the diagnosis of mental health issues in children and the role medication should play in the treatment.
A new book by an experienced psychiatrist who specializes in treating children and adolescents has been released that will make these decisions easier on parents. Information is the key to control of a situation--the more information you have, the more control you feel, and the better your decisions will be. When Kids Need Meds: Everything a Parent Needs to Know About Psychiatric Medications and Youngsters by Dr. Henry A. Paul is a straightforward, easy to read guide to the most common mental health issues and neurological conditions in children and the medications used most often to treat these conditions and issues.
Dr. Paul is the kind of doctor we as parents all wish we were dealing with: honest, empathetic, and informative. He lays everything out in his book in an orderly fashion, discusses the most common meds, the dosages, the potential side-effects, as well as the different ways the medications may be used. He draws not only on studies of the medications effectiveness, but also on his extensive clinical experiences.
He removes the anxiety that not knowing causes parents. It's a must-have in a parent's library.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Single Top Production At The LHC
- Higher Potency Cannabis Linked To Brain White Matter Damage
- Our Ethical Responsibilities To Baby Terraformed Worlds - Like Parents
- Study: Paying For Transgender Health Care Cost-effective
- New Metric Mapping Top 10 European Heat Waves Predicts Strong Increase In Next 2 Decades
- Ants Filmed Building Moving Bridges From Their Live Bodies
- Dietary Restriction, Circadian Rhythm, And Long Life
- "No, it's just a work of fiction. Either a hoax, or writings by over-imaginative people who have..."
- "See also Who owns space? US asteroid-mining act is dangerous and potentially illegal..."
- "Metronomes - Do You Need Them? If you're musician and want to ignore your inner self, conforming..."
- "Actually some of the equatorial nations in 1976 made a declaration laying claim to geostationary..."
- "so this nibiru isn't real then and its not hiding behind a cloud or the sun I hope its not real..."
- Earth's first ecosystems were more complex than previously thought, study finds
- Soil pulled from deep under Oregon's unglaciated Coast Range unveils frosty past climate
- Mystery of how snakes lost their legs solved by reptile fossil
- Seizure risk of anti-shivering agent meperidine greatly overstated
- Immune-disorder treatment in mice holds potential for multiple sclerosis patients