People want to see awesome stuff.
That's the main idea behind this blog, and the interpretation of a recent report on people's decisions to share New York Times articles with friends (via Rycharde Mann). So, without further ado, here is some awesomeness:
1) From absolute zero to the plank temperature...a nice interactive graphic showing where we fit in the scheme of temperatures.
2) A visible sonic boom, as a rocket passes by a sundog (the rainbow splotch at ~1:55 in the video)
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- The Real Meaning Of The Blue Black White Gold Dress
- Men With Short Index Fingers And Long Ring Fingers Are Nicer To Women
- Statistical Mechanics Reveals The Ideal Hideout During A Zombie Takeover
- What Does Your Gut Microbiome Have To Do With Your Immune System?
- Big Data Tackles How Urban Movement Is Linked To Social Activity
- Cruithne: Earth's Other 'Moon' Could Reveal Mysteries Of The Solar System
- It's Life, Jim, But Not As We Know It
- "Doug:What do you mean by R in your graphs, and the circle with a radius arrow?If, as in the case..."
- "Of course there's one possible explanation for the lack of warming - one that is so obvious, but..."
- "I guess the reason FC persists is that it works! Under appropriate conditions large numbers of..."
- "The researchers conclude that given past historical patterns of variation in the AMO and PMO, this..."
- "Our 5 minute video entry into the Brain Foundation Neurofilm festival to raise awareness about..."
- Robust scientific evidence that chronic fatigue syndrome is a biological illness
- Life 'not as we know it' possible on Saturn's moon Titan?
- For patients with brain tumors, insurance status linked to differences in patient safety and quality of care
- Anti-stroke drugs, minus the side effects
- Local media coverage positive toward local businesses