People want to see awesome stuff.
That's the main idea behind this blog, and the interpretation of a recent report on people's decisions to share New York Times articles with friends (via Rycharde Mann). So, without further ado, here is some awesomeness:
1) From absolute zero to the plank temperature...a nice interactive graphic showing where we fit in the scheme of temperatures.
2) A visible sonic boom, as a rocket passes by a sundog (the rainbow splotch at ~1:55 in the video)
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Part I: Bee Deaths Mystery Solved? Neonicotinoids (Neonics) May Actually Help Bee Health
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis: Genetic Clues Of Severe Food Allergy
- 3X Saturated Fat In The Diet Doesn't Increase It In Blood
- Is Religion A Consolation Worth Having?
- Want A Man To Help? High Heels Work
- Interstellar Is A Dangerous Fantasy Of US Colonialism
- Still No Contact with NASA's Sun-watching Probe
- "From your response, you seem totally incapable of addressing anything I wrote. One response, in..."
- "Mr Martinez, Your reply does not address the argument. No one is claiming that all evil is done..."
- "I have been growing organic tomatoes using a leachate made from Mighty Grow Organics 4-3-4 pelletized..."
- "You seem to believe that reality depends or one's viewpoint rather than vice versa. Reality is..."
- "Belief in god(s) is certianly not the only factor leading to atrocities, but it is one of the factors..."
- Modified DNA backbone enables success of existing and novel oligonucleotide therapeutics
- Gene in kidney may play role in high blood pressure
- Panel-based genetic diagnostic testing for inherited eye disease proves highly accurate
- Research finds tooth enamel fast-track in humans
- Good news for cocaine users: Caffeine counters cocaine's effects on women's estrus cycles