People want to see awesome stuff.
That's the main idea behind this blog, and the interpretation of a recent report on people's decisions to share New York Times articles with friends (via Rycharde Mann). So, without further ado, here is some awesomeness:
1) From absolute zero to the plank temperature...a nice interactive graphic showing where we fit in the scheme of temperatures.
2) A visible sonic boom, as a rocket passes by a sundog (the rainbow splotch at ~1:55 in the video)
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- The Genetic History Of Ice Age Europe
- Exodus 2100: Due To Climate Change
- What Lies Beneath West Antarctica?
- Three Earth-sized Planets Found Orbiting A Tiny Nearby Star
- Professor Frenkel: Why Shouldn't We Drop Algebra From Our Education System?
- Scientists Discover Oral Sex In Spiders
- Matter Can Potentially Accelerate The Expansion Of The Universe
- "Something we don't pay much attention to is that Syria, Libya, and Iraq populations have gone up..."
- "I get the urge to quote H.L. Mencken, so here goes: “The whole aim of practical politics is to..."
- "I'm glad proving yourself wrong can be so amusing. 1. If you bothered to read the Guardian link..."
- "Nobody predicted the ice cap would be gone by 2013... 1. You might want to use language a little..."
- "Oh Brother, Bernt Balchen was a polar aviator, not climate scientist. In fact, he wasn't even a..."
- 3 Reasons Aerial Pesticides Are Not Causing Autism
- Most Stores Refuse E-Cigarette Sales to Minors
- Vitamin C Conundrum for the Organic Crowd
- Newsweek Journalist Loses His Mind, Time-Traveling Radioactivity And More Media Links
- This Single-Celled Organism Is Capable Of Learning
- Study Says Bilingual Kids’ Brains Are Smarter & Faster
- UC San Diego bioengineers create first online search engine for functional genomics data
- UK Health Check has only modest impact on risk factors for cardiovascular disease
- Adult brain prunes branched connections of new neurons
- Five new breast cancer genes and range of mutations pave way for personalized treatment
- Quantum sensors for high-precision magnetometry of superconductors